Oklahoma City Thunder Concept ( secondary logo)

Mister Vicious

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone. Originally being from the great state of Oklahoma, I was greatly disappointed with the OKC branding. (Uninspired and generic) So I figured it was time to step up and rep OK properly. lol

Working on the word mark as we speak, but to keep up with current trends I'm still trying to find the balance of stylized and simplified.

Go Pokes!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job :censored:ting on eRay's thread fellas.

Not my thread, but you are making a monster of a point.

and THAT is how good the logo is. Someone thought it was your work ;)

The logo is wonderful. I (and everyone else) would appreciate it if the comments from here on out were about the concept. Don't let this awesome job be overshadowed by petty arguments.

Great job :censored:ting on eRay's thread fellas.

Not my thread, but you are making a monster of a point.

and THAT is how good the logo is. Someone thought it was your work ;)

The logo is wonderful. I (and everyone else) would appreciate it if the comments from here on out were about the concept. Don't let this awesome job be overshadowed by petty arguments.

Sorry Mister Vicious! I hit page 2, instead of page 1 and looked at the first name.

The thing I like about this logo is that the lightening effect is very subtle, but it still gets the point across. I have tried and failed a few times at illustrating a "thunder" effect. Almost every time I end up over-doing it, making it lack the overall look and feel of an NBA logo.

Screenshot2011-10-17at64135PM.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

whoa! wonderful illustration, though i dont think it fits in an NBA-identity, as it's a bit too horizontal and complex (but it's awesome from an illustration-standpoint!).

I agree. I could see it in limited use on certain press releases and correspondence, but probably not a strong part of their branding.

I would like to see how "THUNDER" would look.

Seriously 3 years later and theres still "Go Sonics" and "Oklahoma City TeamStealer" comments?

GET OVER IT. If your state gave a s**t about keeping the team they would've done better work to keep the team. Oklahoma City didn't walk up there and literally TAKE your team, they LEFT.

But on topic: I love it, looks amazing and I do wish that it was their primary logo. Superb!

Says the guy who lives in California and gets to pick from over 10 teams to choose from. Some people are true fans and will never forgive the NBA or the Thunder.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

It looks really good first of all! I love it, it is sharp and well executed. That being said, I'm not sure it fits best with OKC, I personally think it would better being the pistons and like their old teal color scheme. It's really sweet though, one thing I would add, and this is what I would do, so feel free to ignore me, but maybe throw a lightning bolt or something come down from the "t". Just throwing that out there...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

ok before I attempt to post again can some one tell me what Im doing wrong. I copy the code from Photobucket and I have pasted it into the insert media, image, and even the code buttons. Nothing seems to work. Please help before I go insane. lol

(img)h††p://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Timmacane/Uniform%20Concepts/Thunder%20Final/Thunder_Logo_6_final.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1300807159761(/img)

It should look like that, only with "["s instead of "("s. Just click the photo button, and paste in your URL and you should get something like this:

Thunder_Logo_6_final.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1300807159761

REALLY like the logo BTW

Seriously 3 years later and theres still "Go Sonics" and "Oklahoma City TeamStealer" comments?

GET OVER IT. If your state gave a s**t about keeping the team they would've done better work to keep the team. Oklahoma City didn't walk up there and literally TAKE your team, they LEFT.

But on topic: I love it, looks amazing and I do wish that it was their primary logo. Superb!

Says the guy who lives in California and gets to pick from over 10 teams to choose from. Some people are true fans and will never forgive the NBA or the Thunder.

Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Warriors

There are only four teams, not "over 10."

I love the OKC logo, really bold looking design. It gives off a very strong feel, appropriate for a team named the Thunder. I also love the Oklahoma City wordmark. Great work but like someone else said, too complex for the NBA sadly.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived