MLB Jersey Ideas

ezreiter3

Hey guys, I know this board gets clogged up with tons of amateurs with Microsoft Paint trying their hand at being the next best thing. Well, I intend to join that club with my first designs of Major League Baseball

Keep in mind this is purely what I would like the league to look like, so many of these are very simular or even identical to the current ideas, and some are slightly different. My goal was to give the league more of an organized look and feel, without sacrificing some historical integrity.

Anyways, I have the American League done, and I am nearing completion on the National League.(see below)

Enjoy and be gentle, all I have is paint :grin:

AL West

Angels

Athletics

Mariners

Rangers

AL Central

Indians

Royals

Tigers

TwinsWhite Sox

AL East

Blue Jays

Devil Rays

Orioles

Red Sox

Yankees

Oh yeah, the logos and wordmarks are courtesy of ChrisCreamer.com

The template is my own creation

TR

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

I don't mind the changes to the Rangers and i like bringing the cartoon bird head back to the Orioles. But i really don't like what you did to the Twins. I don't think the Twins really need a change.

Either way, i appreciate your effort.

I like these slight modifications you have made very much. The only problem I have is you might have went a little piping crazy. While it is a classic look, half the league shouldn't have it as a part of their look. That being said, it looks nice the way you applied it.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Hey I like this idea... Making a set of uniforms for a league, and only changing the ones which you think are pure plop...

I've been thinking of doing this same thing for the NFL, sort of an Opinionated NFL Uniforms Project...

But anywayz, nice work... Better than anything I'd do on paint :P

I dont see what is really wrong with any of the current uniforms in MLB. (okay, the jays logos are fine, and yes they should be blue not black)

I dont understand why so many want to change back to logos and uniforms that have run thier course and dont need to be revived (like the orioles cartoon bird, the astros rainbow guts, the phillies swirly P, and everyone knows how I feel about all padres unis pre-1991)

if there are any that need to be changed they need only a slight modification to the uniform layout, not to the color scheme or the logo scheme.

I dont see what is really wrong with any of the current uniforms in MLB. (okay, the jays logos are fine, and yes they should be blue not black)

I dont understand why so many want to change back to logos and uniforms that have run thier course and dont need to be revived (like the orioles cartoon bird, the astros rainbow guts, the phillies swirly P, and everyone knows how I feel about all padres unis pre-1991)

if there are any that need to be changed they need only a slight modification to the uniform layout, not to the color scheme or the logo scheme.

Agreed.

First off, solid templates!

I like what you did with the Twins Road uni. I don't like pinstripes on the road. The Orioles jerseys are very sharp, but--and I know I am in the minority here--I hate the "happy bird" logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I didn't see on modification that I didn't like. These are all nice. My faves...

AL West: Texas Rangers

AL Central: White Sox (alt especially)

AL East: "Blue" Jays

NL West: D-Backs

NL Central: Brewers

NL East: Mets

Great job.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like most of what you have presented, ez, especially:

- adding red bill to Rangers home cap. Looks a lot like their caps from the 70s, and I like it.

- relegating the solid green A's cap to an alternate

- getting rid of the Royals black cap altogether. If there was ever team that didn't need so much black, it was the Royals.

- getting rid of Twins M cap

- taking Jays back to what they were. Anything to get them away from the hideous mess they are now.

- bringing back Orioles cartoon bird. Maybe it can restore the franchise back to its glory days.

- giving Reds sleeves and not so much black. The Reds are my team, and I hate their black road uniforms, and I REALLY wish they'd wear sleeves. My favorite Reds uniform is their 1968-71 model. It's pretty much like what the Cardinals wear today -- no arm stripes, no piping, no pinstrips, no black. Just simple red and white -- very classy.

- giving the Cardinals red road caps. Again, the league needs more color.

- giving Dbacks same cap home and road. I can accept slightly altered caps for home and road, but what are the Dbacks thinking?

I would change:

- take away stripes from Yankees road jersey sleeves. They look like a relic from the sleeve stripe days of the 70s and 80s, and the team should've gotten rid of them years ago.

- Bring back the old mustard caps for the Pirates, and go with yellow sleeves, too. I got sick of yellow on the Pirates and loved their change to black. But now it seems that every team is black or navy, so adding some color to the league would be nice. For what it's worth, the Pirates yellow souvenir helmet was the best seller of the 1970s, so somebody must've loved 'em.

- Wouldn't go back to the Brewers glove logo. Yes, these represent their glory days, but their current uniforms are great, as is.

- no need for a Dodgers alternate cap or jersey. In fact, I never like to see *any* team wear a solid color jersey. Looks too much like batting practice.

I like the effort to put more blue into the phillies, but I am not sure the alt cap is the way to go. Nice simple changes on some of them though

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I would keep the Braves game cap the way it is on the away jerseys, but would bring back the numbers on the front of the jerseys. On the Mariners unis, I would use that D-Backs style number font on all of their jerseys, including on the front of the jerseys. I do like how you bring back the "Diamond Backs" word mark on the front of the home jersey, though.

Archived