VICTORY!

habsfannova

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tuned in late - was it just me or did just about everyone in the stands have the Flames' third jersey on?

The red jersey? That's their home jersey.

Go FLAMES Go. Hey, Maggie got that right!

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm really happy about a Canadian team finally making it to the Cup Finals again.... Now if Philly can dispense with the Southern Lightning the hockey world will be a better place....

I am happy--very happy--this is sweet!

Gelinas with 3 series winning goals this year alone!

Iggy getting big goals

Kipper kicking out pucks

It's going to be a great final...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Congratulations to the Calgary Flames. It's very bitter right now. Man it's tough to write but congrats to the Flames. And for you hockey traditionalists, your hockey gods answered, go party. :D

Please, don't start anything about San Jose please. I took a beating in another thread, and I don't want to hear it again. Thank you. Excuse me while I just sit here and wonder what might have been.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

At least you didn't go on a rant because not everyone in the world is a Sharks fan.

I didn't get to see game six, but the first five games were intense, a good series. This has been a good, competitive playoff year thusfar, with only a couple of series going less than six games through three rounds. And, only one team that I can't stand (the Flyers) in the conference finals, and they could get bumped off soon, which would be just fine with me. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Congratulations to the Calgary Flames. It's very bitter right now. Man it's tough to write but congrats to the Flames. And for you hockey traditionalists, your hockey gods answered, go party. :D

Please, don't start anything about San Jose please. I took a beating in another thread, and I don't want to hear it again. Thank you. Excuse me while I just sit here and wonder what might have been.

Glad to see you're taking it better than Shark--hey good series, I'm still kind of in a daze...

and if Shark is reading this...I never detected an anti San Jose thing here-or in the NHL, I don't hate San Jose or even the Sharks, but I've been a Flames fan since day one... (Well Calgary Flames any way)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Stamp, its real tough. I don't think ICS meant you or this thread, but the one we had a few weeks ago from Notorious. We're still upset about it, but ICS is taking it more hard.

Also note: the 7th man announcement is now supposedly coming during Game 1 of the finals. If I win, its gonna be real tough to go to Calgary if I go Game 3 or 4.

Well we're still hoping you get the league 7th man award!

Hmm though the finals won't be the same withou the Canadiens...

3 times previously a Calgary based team has played for the Stanley Cup they played the Canadiens (2X for the Flames, one for the Calgary Tigers many years ago)

I like to see a small-market Canadian team make the finals (and whoever they play, I hope they win the cup, though I could live with Philly). This just means so much to fans in places like Calgary. THey play(ed) the game, they know the game, they love the game, and they deserve to have the cup skated around their building every so often.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It is absolutely incredible to live in Calgary right now. Almost every car in this city has AT LEAST one Flames flag on it. They have produced 2 songs for the radio about the Flames. One is William Hung's Flames song and the other is "You'll find me in the Dome, chillin' with Jarome" to the tune of In Da Club. This city is going absolutely insane for the Flames. They have sold over 40 000 of those red home jerseys since the start of the playoffs. The all red crowd is called the "Sea of Red" it is absolutely nuts to be apart of it. The Saddledome has to be the loudest, rowdiest building in all of Canada these days. In our city we have an avenue (17th ave) which has tons of restraunts and bars. And when the Flames play it goes crazy, they call it the "Red Mile". You can't drive through because too many people are partying in the street and it is just a swarming sea of red. This whole city defintiely has Flames Fever! GO FLAMES GO!

I'm not sure that there's really any anti-Sharks sentiment going on. Heck, I know I was cheering for them.

However, I do note a ton of anti-southern team sentiments, and that really rubs me the wrong way. What, just cause we live in the south, we shouldn't have a team? I think people should grow up about that. There's southern teams in the NHL, deal with it. Many of these teams draw better than some of the "traditional" teams. Yes, I live in Atlanta, but I'm a huge hockey fan, and I play street hockey as much as I can. There's many other hockey fans in the south. Why shouldn't we have a team? I can't stand all the "contract anybody south of the mason-dixon line" talk...

I think ICS is taking it a little too extreme, but I do see at least the basis for his side of the argument.

Oh, and congrats to the Flames, it was a great series...

Hey there hrivnak -

No offense to the south at all, I'm in central Texas after all, but looking at the history and roots of hockey being mainly a Canadian/Northern US experience for so long, all the southern expansion and relocation smacks hollow to the long time folks up north who grew up with hockey an active part of their lives, I did it in NY and Massachusetts on a frozen pond for 4 months every year.

I don't have aproblem with southern teams, Dallas for one draws respectable, knowledgable and passionate fans, whereas some southern cities, no matter how wound up they get during a long playoff run, can't match the passion of a city like Winnepeg or Quebec most of the long season.

I really hope hockey catches on down south, and with all the ice rinks being built throughout Texas and other parts of the South I've visited, there are signs that maybe down the road this whole southern experiment will be a lasting good thing, and not just a desperate money grab for American TV ratings and fans that will never show up.

I hope the South proves me wrong, I love hockey, but I also like the traditions of the north and always am happy to see a smaller market Canadian team have a chance to hoist the Dixie - err, Stanley Cup.

If we are considered "South" but at least considered in "Sun Belt", I hope you all saw the fans in San Jose. Great fans out here. Calgary, have fun in the Cup.

The percentage of fans in the general population may be small, but the fans they have are great fans, and they do have a good number of them too...

Flames fans are just happier right now...

Archived