New NHL Network logo?

Puckguy14

So I'm filling out the All-Star Game Ballot (all Sharks of course ^_^ ) and see this promo logo. The NBC Sports Network logo is nothing new, but very small you could see a new NHL Network logo.vote_thanks_us.ec31bbda4905cdbcb6aee53ca4cd4c3c.png

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

So I'm filling out the All-Star Game Ballot (all Sharks of course ^_^ ) and see this promo logo. The NBC Sports Network logo is nothing new, but very small you could see a new NHL Network logo.vote_thanks_us.ec31bbda4905cdbcb6aee53ca4cd4c3c.png

Wow I kinda like it it felt weird not seeing the shield on the NHL Network logo.

I like it! Not liking the use of red, def liked the blue more, but whatevs.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's possible that they chose red because it ties with VS network better. Doesn't TSN also use red? It might be a branding thing, or it might be that somebody thought it looked better.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It's possible that they chose red because it ties with VS network better. Doesn't TSN also use red? It might be a branding thing, or it might be that somebody thought it looked better.

But Versus is going to be around for just another month and a half. Will NBC Sports also be predominantly red?

I think it would've been cool to use more orange in their color scheme as a nod to the old orange NHL shield.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But Versus is going to be around for just another month and a half. Will NBC Sports also be predominantly red?

Oh. I forgot about that. Must be just an aesthetic choice

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 3 weeks later...

What if they used orange instead of red to kind of tie it to the old logo?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I hope to coincide with these changes, they can update/ upgrade the studios at the NHL Network. It's so dark / drab and 80's-looking in there. It's kinda depressing. The MLB Network, as example, by contrast, looks bright and inviting.

I hope to coincide with these changes, they can update/ upgrade the studios at the NHL Network. It's so dark / drab and 80's-looking in there. It's kinda depressing. The MLB Network, as example, by contrast, looks bright and inviting.

Part of the tv deal with NBC has them building a new studio in Stamford for NHL Network. My guess is the logo change will coincide with them moving into that studio. Though I think the network is also going to continue to use the one at TSN as well.

As for the logo I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived