2011 NBA Free Agency

hettinger_rl

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't deny that Rose will be the best PG in a couple years, but right now CP3 is better.

That's a laughable comment when noone has played a game that matters in 6 months.

Maybe LightsOut meant that CP3 is better now from an experience standpoint, as opposed to who is playing better this very moment.

Well that having reread Lightsout's comment, that could be right, but remind me then someone, which of Paul or Rose is the league MVP right now?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nah... I knew that Griffin is going to be one of the best players in the league soon, but there's still holes in his game that experience will fix (mostly his jump shot and defense).

There's a reason why teams with lots of young players and few veterans don't win many games. You need a mix of youth and experience.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Get out of here. I personally guarantee a huge spike in Rose's assist numbers, just to appease you and all the other Rose-haters that say he can only score. Last year he was kicking it out to Keith Bogans, who probably missed more open 3s last year than the rest of the NBA combined. Now put Rip Hamilton there and things change. Last night, albeit one game, and a preseason one at that, Rose had an effortless 9 assists, many of them coming either on the break or simple dimes to open teammates to shoot. Apart from that, Rose can take over games as well as anyone in the league. It's actually unbelievable. I mean, every game, no matter what deficit, I expect Rose to bring the team back. He is exciting, has a great attitude, and was the leader of the best team in the NBA last year. He's better than Paul.

Just typing that got me excited for the season

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nah... I knew that Griffin is going to be one of the best players in the league soon, but there's still holes in his game that experience will fix (mostly his jump shot and defense).

There's a reason why teams with lots of young players and few veterans don't win many games. You need a mix of youth and experience.

Well i'd agree with the second paragraph, though both Magic and Larry Bird didn't take forever to win championships, albeit in a different era, and with veteran help. I actually think the Clippers are reasonably well set for a run this season, especially in a shortened season.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Undoubtedly one of the best parts of Derrick Rose despite all his talent is his glowing humility. It's intensely refreshing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Experience fixes jumpers?

Experience fixes jumpers?

No, but having more time and putting in more work on jumpers fixes jumpers. Do everyone a favor and stop stalking Lights Out around the Boards, please.

6fQjS3M.png

Get out of here. I personally guarantee a huge spike in Rose's assist numbers, just to appease you and all the other Rose-haters that say he can only score. Last year he was kicking it out to Keith Bogans, who probably missed more open 3s last year than the rest of the NBA combined. Now put Rip Hamilton there and things change. Last night, albeit one game, and a preseason one at that, Rose had an effortless 9 assists, many of them coming either on the break or simple dimes to open teammates to shoot. Apart from that, Rose can take over games as well as anyone in the league. It's actually unbelievable. I mean, every game, no matter what deficit, I expect Rose to bring the team back. He is exciting, has a great attitude, and was the leader of the best team in the NBA last year. He's better than Paul.

Just typing that got me excited for the season

I think Chris Paul is a better point guard, but I think Rose is a better player.

Here's how I see it: CP3 is the best pure point guard in the game. If you want your PG to average 18pg, 11 assists, 8 boards and just be a a pure PG, Paul is the best by far since, in my opinion, Magic. But, Rose is more of a player, like you mentioned, who can take over games. I see Rose as the kind of 1 who can put up almost 30 points a game while giving out 10 assists a game with a high number of boards. This is why I would rather have CP3 on the Lakers instead of Rose only because the Lakers already have a guy who can take over games and is one of the best players to ever play.

However, if I'm building a team from scratch and I don't have any other good pieces, I'll take Rose over Paul.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived