2011 NBA Free Agency

hettinger_rl

Well, that's it. I've gotta support one of these superteams, so I'll go with the Clippers. CLIPPER NATION B)

Clippers and "superteam" in the same sentence... I never thought I'd see the day.

Are you guys serious when you use the term "superteam" regarding the Clippers? Sure, the team has Chris Paul, but it this is a superteam, then a lot of teams are superteams.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's it. I've gotta support one of these superteams, so I'll go with the Clippers. CLIPPER NATION B)

Clippers and "superteam" in the same sentence... I never thought I'd see the day.

Are you guys serious when you use the term "superteam" regarding the Clippers? Sure, the team has Chris Paul, but it this is a superteam, then a lot of teams are superteams.

It's two guys right now. Of course, it's two young guys who might have the most upside of any two players in the league, so there's that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's two guys right now. Of course, it's two young guys who might have the most upside of any two players in the league, so there's that.

Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook might have something to say about that. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Man, Chauncey Billups really got the long end of the dick in the last few months.

Wait. What?! O.O I thought it was the stick, not the...?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Paul is almost 27, I wouldn't say he has the most upside in the league. I'd take KD and Westbrook over CP3 and Griffin any day

Uh, don't look now, but the Clippers have sold out their season tickets entirely and are starting up a waiting list.

So when will your demands for the firing of GM Neil Olshey and coach Vinny Del Negro begin?

Following the first pre-season game or December 26?

:P Prediction for the 2011-12 NBA season thread- Lights Out will vaccilate between 'Clippers are the second coming' and 'Del Negro is a complete :cursing: who doesn't deserve to live.' Depending on whether or not the Clippers have won by 10 points or more.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

As happy I am to see the Clippers actually relevant, I'm still ticked off that CP3 isn't a Laker (and I've heard reports that Kobe and the Lakers are furious). The Lakers really got the worse end of the stick. The NBA vetoed the trade because the Lakers were about to get Paul, and you can't convince me otherwise. David Stern reasoning was that he felt it was better for Chris Paul to be a Hornet, but he still traded him! Some of the owners including Dan "Crybaby" Gilbert (seriously, I can understand why LeBron left. Who would want to play for an owner like that?), voiced their opinion that the Lakers cannot be allowed to trade for CP3, and note, he said the Lakers, not the Clippers, or Warriors, but the Lakers, which screams collusion.

Some of you might point out that the 29 owners of the league own the team (which they do) yet Stern has said that final say in the Hornets organization lies with himself and the commissioners office. Which effectively makes Stern the owner of the Hornets. So with that being said, since some of the owners (and I'm using Gilbert as an example), including Gilbert personally communicated to Stern the Lakers cannot have CP3 which, again, is collusion.

Collusion, as I've come to understand it, is this: "Collusion is an agreement between two or more persons, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage. It is an agreement among firms to divide the market, set prices, or limit production. It can involve ?wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties?. In legal terms, all acts affected by collusion are considered void."

The NBA?s labor deal has an anti-collusion clause that prohibits teams from conspiring with the league to influence contracts, signings or transactions.

So, the NBA owns the Hornets and the NBA set up a separate governing body (who controls the Hornets) to avoid collusion since really, 29 teams own the Hornets, none of them can be consulted about any Hornets' transactions because it would be collusion. Stern then circumvented that by vetoed a trade at the last second because some of the other owners voiced their displeasure at the Lakers getting a great player along with room to get Dwight Howard, which means they are colluding.

Now some of you might just think that I'm a bitter Lakers fan who's whining that the Lakers didn't get their way, for once, like a 2 year-old (and I would just tell you that I'm being sassy). I'd be extremely thrilled for the Clippers if they had traded for Chris Paul and beaten the Lakers to the punch, fairly. I don't have a problem with that. What I'm ticked about (and so are the Lakers) is that the Lakers did trade for Chris Paul first, only to have Stern veto it because he wanted to keep those whiny owners happy (COLLUSION, I TELL YOU!).

The Lakers ended up with two disgruntled stars, with one actually leaving for absolutely nothing. I'm sure those whiny owners are happy now. That being said, I'm still looking forward to watching the Clippers this year. Then I'm going to relish watching the rest of the leagues reactions when CP3 ends up leaving the Clippers (I know he said he'd stay for two years, at least) for the Lakers. :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Los Angeles Clippers - 2012 Pacific Division Champions

Just rolls of the tongue, doesn't it :P OK just kidding

I think the Clippers can win the division.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Los Angeles Clippers - 2012 Pacific Division Champions

Just rolls of the tongue, doesn't it :P OK just kidding

I think the Clippers can win the division.

They'll actually have a good shot at it now. Outside of the Lakers (and maybe the Warriors who have a shot at sneaking into a playoff spot this year, but they're not a legit threat to win that division), the Pacific is terrible. The Lakers coasted through the season last year and won the division comfortably. I'd imagine that the Clippers & Lakers are gonna be in a dogfight to win that division.

The shorter, compressed schedule will allow for a lot more randomness than we're used to. Not unthinkable at all that the Clippers outlast an aging Lakers squad forced to play back-to-back-to-backs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The shorter, compressed schedule will allow for a lot more randomness than we're used to. Not unthinkable at all that the Clippers outlast an aging Lakers squad forced to play back-to-back-to-backs.

This is true, but it's also true that the Clippers have a number of players with injury history, how are back to back to backs gonna affect dodgy knees?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived