2011/12 Bowl Season

BigMac12

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to make it to an Illinois bowl game while I'm down here, but this won't be the year. Seeing two bad teams isn't worth the cost to get to the game in San Francisco.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'd like to make it to an Illinois bowl game while I'm down here, but this won't be the year. Seeing two bad teams isn't worth the cost to get to the game in San Francisco.

Neither team deserves to be in a bowl game being that neither has a winning record or a head coach, but UCLA in particular. They should have done the honorable thing and turned down in invite. They're a disgrace. They've turned what was a decent little bowl game into a farce.

I'm going to the Holiday Bowl for sure, just bought my tickets. Been wanting to see Cal get revenge on Texas for the Rose Bowl screwjob of 2004 for a long time.

I'll be doing some budgeting over the next few days to see if I'll be able to make it down to New Orleans for the NCG.

Wooh, good luck with that. The nosebleeders are selling for a minimum of $1,300 right now.

I'd like to get down to Memphis on New Year's Eve for the Liberty Bowl between Cincinnati and Vanderbilt. But that's probably not going to happen.

25yzwqg.png

Probably making the trip to Vegas for the Maaco Bowl...Its close ans I'll never turn down a trip to Vegas! I might actually have to go for work so I'm crossing my fingers that some expenses might be paid for...means more money for roulette.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Making the trip to Vegas for the Maaco Bowl to...I'll never turn down a trip to Vegas!

:lol: Same.

I'm going to look into going to the Las Vegas Bowl, because who doesn't want to see Boise State kick ASU's face in... And get hammered in Vegas :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Probably making the trip to Vegas for the Maaco Bowl...Its close ans I'll never turn down a trip to Vegas! I might actually have to go for work so I'm crossing my fingers that some expenses might be paid for...means more money for roulette.

Root for my Sun Devils. :D

We should do a Bowl Challenge

I can put one together on Yahoo if anyone's in...?

bowl challenge sounds like fun

I live within walking distance of the Liberty Bowl and my sis goes to Cincinnati for grad school so probably will try to go.

Tickets are $50, which is a bit high for me though.

I was looking at random bowls and saw New Orleans Bowl tix are $42 and $62. That's a lot of money for LA-Lafayette and San Diego St.

The Liberty Bowl hasn't sold out the last few years, except for when Arkansas was here. They ought to knock down the price of some of the nosebleeds to fill it up. And I've hiked to the top of the Liberty Bowl before, they are nosebleed territory. You can actually see the downtown Memphis skyline from the top of the Liberty Bowl.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

bowl challenge sounds like fun

I live within walking distance of the Liberty Bowl and my sis goes to Cincinnati for grad school so probably will try to go.

Tickets are $50, which is a bit high for me though.

I was looking at random bowls and saw New Orleans Bowl tix are $42 and $62. That's a lot of money for LA-Lafayette and San Diego St.

The Liberty Bowl hasn't sold out the last few years, except for when Arkansas was here. They ought to knock down the price of some of the nosebleeds to fill it up. And I've hiked to the top of the Liberty Bowl before, they are nosebleed territory. You can actually see the downtown Memphis skyline from the top of the Liberty Bowl.

"Hiked" is right. That's the oddest-shaped stadium I've ever been to. I was at last year's game between UCF and Georgia. Awfully-played game, that was. It's a travesty that tickets cost $50 for that.

Memphis is always a fun town to go to. Probably would have had more fun had the game been more exciting and not having to drive 6-7 hours in the middle of the night the night before. But I made it to see the guitar drop on Beale Street on New Year's Eve (in a downpour, no less) before passing out to Duck Soup on TCM.....

Memphis is always a fun town to go to. Probably would have had more fun had the game been more exciting and not having to drive 6-7 hours in the middle of the night the night before. But I made it to see the guitar drop on Beale Street on New Year's Eve (in a downpour, no less) before passing out to Duck Soup on TCM.....

Under the influence of the proper natural medicinals the right circumstances, Duck Soup is so funny it should probably be outlawed for safety reasons.

On topic: I'm going to try to make that bowl they play in Detroit this year.

BB52Big.jpg

Under the influence of the proper natural medicinals the right circumstances, Duck Soup is so funny it should probably be outlawed for safety reasons.

On topic: I'm going to try to make that bowl they play in Detroit this year.

The best thing about New Years' Eve is that you can be out for much of the evening, then come home and still catch a pair of Marx Brothers movies afterwards.

Ask and ye shall receive...Yahoo College Bowl Pick 'Em

CCSLC Bowl Bash

Group ID: 10513

Password: cclsc

So, anybody going to any of the bowl games?

I'll probably go to the Insight Bowl to see Iowa-Oklahoma. For some odd reason, I think the Sonners will win this game.

Completely forgot about the Insight Bowl...probably gonna have to be on hand working in some capacity...looking forward to this match-up.

Archived