Pro Combats:Take 2

colinturner95

After my first start at Pro Combats went off the deep end, I waited until I finished finals and I took a few days to get used to .svgs and Inkscape,(which I did). So I started over, starting with Miami (FL)

ACC

Miami Hurricanes, Miami 2, Miami 3

Florida State

North Carolina

Syracuse

Virginia Tech

Big 10+2

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State, Ohio State 2

Big East

Louiville

Pitt

Big XII

Texas

TCU

FBS Independents

Army

Navy

Notre Dame

Mtn. West

Air Force

Boise State

Pac-12

Cal

Oregon Ducks,Oregon 2,Oregon 3, Oregon 4

Utah

SEC

Florida Gators,Florida 2

Georgia, Georgia 2

Kentucky

Mizzou Tigers

Tennessee

The helmet stripes are reversed, (Orange/Green/Orange), and the facemask is now orange. I'm against grey facemasks on white helmets for some reason. Anyways, the jersey is orange with green palm tree patterns on the swatches. On the chest is the Miami wordmark and the number is similar to the 2010 Pro Combat ones. The pants are white with a green stripe with the palm tree pattern. The socks are orange and the shoes are orange and do that Nike fade to green.

miaHurricanes.png?t=1324357105

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm not a huge fan of the striping. I could 100% see this being a NPC uniform. So in that matter, really good job!

As far as C&C, I might change the shoulder panels to green/light green instead of green/orange to be consistent with the other places you have the palm tree pattern.

I dig it! I think the one critique I have would be to make the numbers a bit smaller. Other than that, I really like the design. Nice work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is much cleaner so far, so nice work. I do have a couple issues with this, though. You may want to edit the Flywire lines, they should be a transparent overlay, not a solid gradient like they are right now. I also agree with JP on the shoulders, they feel disconnected from the pants with that shoulder design.

My biggest issue here, though, is that these look strikingly similar to the Pro Combat unis they wore last year. While I loved that set, this just makes me miss the green helmet and orange pants. I would try to take it in a more original direction, one that is not so heavily influenced by a past NPC set.

Here's an update, i think.

miaHurricanes2.png?t=1324508919

The '70s for the 'Canes was the, how-you-say, kick off to the turnaround of Hurricane football, so this is an Orange-Out (I first for Miami, IIRC), and the jersey has shoulder "racing stripes", and the pants have a triple stripe. I love the palm pattern, but this hit me as cool

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'd give it a white facemask.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Put a palm pattern on the numbers like you did for the numbers in your other set (so basically, slightly darker than the white), and change the facemask to white, then I think you'll have a winner. I really like the look of what you've got here.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Miami Updates

miaHurricanes-1.png?t=1324587779

miaHurricanes2-1.png?t=1324587780

take the jersey and striping from the first and combine it with the pants from the second and you have a winner!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I have to completely honest, I don't mind the orange monochrome at all. I mean, vibrant orange fits for a Miami team. If it were any other team (save Clemson, maybe), I don't think I'd be for it. But for the Hurricanes, I think it works great. My honest and humble choice would be orange pants.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

What if you combined the two? Put a sublimated palm print in the triple stripe.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd suggest making the outline to the number the same color as the darker green. The black just looks out of place.

What he said. But I think the numbers need a white outline. Green on orange has legibility issues.

Then you lose the outline on the lower half of the numbers.

Archived