Pro Combats:Take 2

colinturner95

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW these are amazing ; could you possibly do one for Cal ? possibly implement the bear face on the helmet ala boise, mizzu, etc. ??

I'm hoping to get the whole FBS done at one point. Cal is very high up on my to-do list, so we'll see.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

WOW these are amazing ; could you possibly do one for Cal ? possibly implement the bear face on the helmet ala boise, mizzu, etc. ??

I'm hoping to get the whole FBS done at one point. Cal is very high up on my to-do list, so we'll see.

AWESOME. i look forward to seeing the rest of the things you do

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Michigan State Spartans.

Before we see my creation, I would like to say that I live and breathe Michigan State, even living in Boise, so if some of my comments to the C & C seem hostile, my apologies.

msu.png?t=1344549620

Black and bronze are present, so be it. The helmet was derived from an idea, "what if the spartan plume was a helmet stripe?" and from Boise State's PC helmets. The jersey styling stems from the Spartan cape. The pants were a challenge. I couldn't design any thing that "fit" the uniform so the "SPARTANS" wordmark adorns the pants. The G/G/B color combo comes from my littlest brother's Lego Spartan minifigure's G/G/R color combo.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Michigan State Spartans.

Before we see my creation, I would like to say that I live and breathe Michigan State, even living in Boise, so if some of my comments to the C & C seem hostile, my apologies.

msu.png?t=1344549620

Black and bronze are present, so be it. The helmet was derived from an idea, "what if the spartan plume was a helmet stripe?" and from Boise State's PC helmets. The jersey styling stems from the Spartan cape. The pants were a challenge. I couldn't design any thing that "fit" the uniform so the "SPARTANS" wordmark adorns the pants. The G/G/B color combo comes from my littlest brother's Lego Spartan minifigure's G/G/R color combo.

Quick question: why are there two plumes on the helmet?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Michigan State Spartans.

msu.png?t=1344549620

Not sure actually... :therock:

EDIT: I'm gonna leave it like that only because I can't make it look like the plume on the logo while leaving it like one stripe.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Spleen: as I edited my reply to say, I can't give the appearance of one stripe while maintaining the shape of the plume.

Anyway, here is the next team that's done, UNC Tar Heels

NC1.png?t=1344553927

Simple W/CarB/W combo, with argyle pattern found throughout.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Michigan State Spartans.

msu.png?t=1344549620

I see gazalle horns!

2624_gazelle-1.jpggazelle3.jpg

The team is now called the Michigan State Warrior Gazelles.

87Redskins.png

Spleen: as I edited my reply to say, I can't give the appearance of one stripe while maintaining the shape of the plume.

Anyway, here is the next team that's done, UNC Tar Heels

NC1.png?t=1344553927

Simple W/CarB/W combo, with argyle pattern found throughout.

Love the argyle application. The only thing that bothers be is how the pants stripe tapers back on the bottom. A straight stripe would look better.

The helmet and jerseys looks awesome.

87Redskins.png

Michigan State Spartans.

msu.png?t=1344549620

I see gazalle horns!

2624_gazelle-1.jpggazelle3.jpg

The team is now called the Michigan State Warrior Gazelles.

Even I laughed at that. I still can't fix that to look like one infernal helmet stripe.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

You're very creative and I like a ton of your concepts. I like the Mich State concept but am afriad the helmet is very busy. What if you keep the larger Spartan logo, but remove the two stripes down the middle so that the feather helmet top becomes the top of the football helmet and thus resembles stripes?

I really like what you'e done with the Pitt concept too. I must say though that I'm not a fan of the black addition. The puddles Oregon concept is fantastic as is the Carolina one. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more.

You're very creative and I like a ton of your concepts. I like the Mich State concept but am afriad the helmet is very busy. What if you keep the larger Spartan logo, but remove the two stripes down the middle so that the feather helmet top becomes the top of the football helmet and thus resembles stripes?

I really like what you'e done with the Pitt concept too. I must say though that I'm not a fan of the black addition. The puddles Oregon concept is fantastic as is the Carolina one. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks. The whole idea behind Mich. State is to combine the Spartan logo with Boise's PC helmet. I have one idea that I might try but I don't know what else to do regarding MSU's stripe.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I really like the new one you made (even as a die-hard Michigan fan). That whole MSU set is really fantastic, maybe your best in this whole set. The checkerboard plaid on the UNC set is really cool also, unites the set with the basketball uniforms. Nice coupla concepts here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived