First ever personal logo

undead

Have to disagree, I think the uneven slants are a nice design feature...

If the thickness of the letter was the same in both places, I too would disagree. But that makes everything look uneven to me. Nice start to this, I think that one change would make a big difference.

The uneven lines of what space make it look "sloppy". You want your personal logo to reflect yourself in the best light possible. Having an unclean, unfinished persona logo will make clients believe that you don't 100% commit to your work...

Clean up the lines and you have yourself a great start to a brand with potential...

Bob, you have two main directions of lines: one at about -15 degrees horizontally and the other at about -15 degrees vertically. Construct your ligature's lines along those two axis. Or, you could do what I do and construct the whole logo along a perfect horizontal and vertical axis, then apply the skew at the end of the process to the exact degree you want.

Ah, it's getting there, but it still doesn't feel right. I like the cleanliness and symmetry of it-- and I think that portrays a good artist (as Clif was saying). So you've got that part down with the overall design. But my issue here is as others have said, I'm looking at it and I only see an 'S'. I went in to Paint and filled in the gaps, and it made a very odd 'B'. Here's what I'm talking about:

ajwm8j.jpg

While it is undoubtedly the letter 'B', it feels a little bit too stylized for some reason. I think the issue lies in the center horizontal line for the 'S'. The angle is a little too high, maybe. That's what I see as the culprit for making it look too much like an 'S' and not enough like a 'B', as that line is closer to parallel with the baseline in most cases.

I want to thank all of you for your effort you're putting into this.

@JQK - that's a really nice job you did on that one. I can see the B and the S easily. I'm trying to get a really simple version of this first. If I can't do it, I'll consider going your route.

@drdougfresh - I was thinking the problem was the center line not being horizontal too. Here's one with the angles approaching horizontal.

BSdribbblepresentation2.png

I think I can see the B better but I don't know. I've looked at this damn thing too damn long, I think.

I little more help would be appreciated. I think we're getting closer.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived