Gorilla Logo Concept

xjUicebOx

Here is a concept that I have been working on for the past couple of days. I couldn't think of a team name so I just used Western New York for now. I'm also not sold on the color scheme but I wanted to get it posted up for a little feed back..

GorillaLogoConcept.png

sigmiller.png

After I realized it did NOT say "Why", I wondered why the gorilla is crying. It looks like there are tears running down his face. Even making them gray might brighten his day. The gorilla himself is solid...great execution of his body and head.

87Redskins.png

Don't think the blue helps the eyes... they still need some work (they now have blue tears).

Also, the original WNU wordmark gives you the opportunity to make a logo-detail that is identical when you rotate 180-degrees (with some minor modification)... I love details like that

If the teal cheeks were grey just like the rest of its face, that'd probably fix the crying effect. I can see red working as well.

The Y still needs the bottom part flipped to make it look more like said letter. Nice concept!

Midway.png

maybe you still could have had a smaller ascender on the "n" instead of getting rid of it totally. having it not as big wouldnt make it look like a "h" anymore

about people saying to change the "y", dont do it. it's perfect the way it is.

the only criticism i would say is to change the cheeks grey, the blue still reads to me as a watery tear drop instead.

Im not a big logo guy...but I think you should just redo the eye. I kinda see what's supposed to be going on with it but then again I see the sad gorilla thing. Its just confusing to the eye & that's not what you want with your logo.

Try slimming down the eye...I that could give it that fierce look that you want from your logo.

Untitled.png

A tweak I think you should try. You have the shadow that runs down the face and over the jaw currently lining up. Try shifting the shadow on the jaw left a bit making the jaw appear to jut forward. I think it will give him some extra depth and make the logo even cooler. Hope it works.

Archived