NDSU vs. Sam Houston St

CrazyAnna

I flipped one of our TV's at the bar to ESPN2 and NDSU (North Dakota State University) is on and they are wearing yellow helmets/yellow jersey/green pants. Yea, that may seem ugly when you picture it in your mind, but it looks amazing on TV.

The first thing I thought was THIS would be a great "fun" uniform color combination for a Packers 3rd uniform. It isn't outrageous and it would keep true to the Packers' colors and doesn't change their timeless helmet.

ESPN Video updates

I remember someone mentioning that particular combo earlier in the season. I actually liked what I saw. I don't know about the idea of the Packers using it, but I'd LOVE to see Oregon trot that out. Or maybe even the Edmonton Eskimos.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm only mentioning the Packers because they already opted to have a 3rd alternate and they picked the ugly Acme Packers blue/gold with the goofy circle around the numbers. Regardless if that jersey represents the past, it just doesn't properly translate into the current uniform templates. I think the NDSU one worn today would be unique for the Packers to wear once or twice a year.

Eskimos already have

Indeed. Couldn't find any action shots on Google Images, but there was this graphic from Wikipedia:

CFL_EDM_Jersey_2007.png

Also, while looking, found this Photoshop of a Packers yellow jersey, which I believe showed up on Uni Watch (not sure the shade of yellow is quite right):

5195212863_66c71322ce_o.jpg

I'm only mentioning the Packers because they already opted to have a 3rd alternate and they picked the ugly Acme Packers blue/gold with the goofy circle around the numbers. Regardless if that jersey represents the past, it just doesn't properly translate into the current uniform templates. I think the NDSU one worn today would be unique for the Packers to wear once or twice a year.

The Packers have actually donned that look before:

1950greenbayb.png

Graphics courtesy of Gridiron Uniforms.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Packers have actually donned that look before:

1950greenbayb.png

Graphics courtesy of Gridiron Uniforms.

OMG...those are gorgeous!!!

I watched that game on TV as well and NDSU's yellow over green looked like a semi-pro team.

They also need to set their helmet decals off with white or green. The yellow-on-yellow look bleeds in.

FsQiF2W.png

These yellow jerseys were new this year. They wore them in the national championship game out of superstition, having won in them in the previous weeks. Now that they won the championship in them, I'm sure you'll see lots more of it. It's a shame too, they look really good with yellow/white/green.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The headline on the cover of The Forum, Fargo-Moorhead's daily newspaper, was Golden Boys.

I like the gold jerseys with the green pants. I wouldn't want that as the permanent look for NDSU, but this has been a winning look.

I do agree that the Bison on the helmet could be tweaked. Maybe make the rest of the body green. I don't know. But I do agree that it doesn't stand out enough.

Archived