Woot!

Shmee

Well my bias on this is okay--he deserves to be in the final, but I can name 20 something guys who deserve a Stanley Cup--and they wear red, black & yellow...

But then I am a Flames fan...

Congrat to the Lightning though, for winning their series--I'm looking forward to the finals...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Although it'll be one of the most unlikely series ever, it will also be one of the most fun to watch. I'm expecting some pretty decent ratings this year, what with 99% of Canada cheering on the Flames and the other 1% cheering on Vinny, Martin, and Dave.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Go Lighthning Dave Andryechuk deserves it.

No player "deserves it" till he wins it. And this is a Marino fan talking. Would I like to see Andrecyhuck raise the cup? Sure. But just becasue he played a long time doesn't mean he deserves it.

That was a good series, i must say. congrats to Tampa for the win, and are the thrid team in three years to be making their first Cup Finals appearence. It's going to be a fast series, I pulling for cal;gary, but it's too close to call IMO. I'm not going to tredge too fart here, for once, i'm just gonna sit back, relax, have a cold drink, and watch. let the teams decide who deserves the Cup more

All I really cared about was that Tampa Bay made it to the finals over Philly. Love Tampa. Hate Philly. I'm torn between two lovers. I've been rooting Calgary through the West, and Tampa through the East. Now that both of my teams have made it, I don't know what to do.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

As a Flyers fan -- I feel like I could very weel be bald after this series with all the hair pulling. I was throwing things when Primeau got pulled down behind on the break away and there was no penalty shot. The refs were awful both ways, missing equally as many calls for each team. What an amazing series and kudos to Tampa -- My girlfriend loves the Lightning and I will live there shortly.

IUe6Hvh.png

i hate to be so bold about a series before it even starts, but i've got a feeling that this is going to be a one-sided event for the bolts...

the problem with the flames is that they've gotten this far on PURE HARD WORK... that's very respectable, and they deserve a lot of credit... but they're about to play against a tampa bay team that works every bit as hard as they do, only with more talented individuals doing the work... here's hoping for a good series... it'll be one of the few years in history that i'll be happy with either team winning. they've both earned everything they've gotten to this point.

that said, go bolts...

Dear Lord,

May you bless and keep safe the Tampa Bay Lightning,

As they rise up and prepare to fight the scourge of the Western World,

The Canadian Menace,

The Calgary Flames.

We pray to you, oh Lord,

In hopes that the Warriors from the Sunshine State may return victorious,

And keep your Holy Grail in this glorious country,

It's proper home.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

Amen.

(yeah, i'm a little carried away, but at least i have a genuine rooting interest. This series is more than Tampa vs Calgary, it has become USA vs Canada, to the fans, anyways. Good Luck Tampa!)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

if there's one thing i hate, it's when people cheer for a team ONLY because of what country they play in... that's goofy as hell.

i always make fun of my canadian friends, because they cheer for ANY team from canada... i tell them that that's not the case in the USA. i'd glady cheer for vancouver or montreal or ottawa deep into the playoffs, over most american teams.... but apparently i'm one of the few who feels this way............. either way, regardless of if the bolts play in tampa, saskatoon, murmansk, or tokyo, that's the team i'm cheering for... i just like their players more.

I can't root for Canada. THey hate America, and make sure to say it every moment they get. That's not the case with many of our canucks on this board, but never-the-less it is there. WHen i was a kid i loved Canada becuase i loved hockey. I rooted for the Canucks in 1994 to win over the Rangers, because i hated the Rangers and i didn't see anything wrong with rooting for a Canadian team. However, in that time since, after hearing and seeing all of the anti-US crap coming out of Canada, i cannot bring myself to root for a canadian team or their American-hating fans.

Sorry, that's just this one :censored:'s opinion...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

well, i'm not too fond of the politics of the USA as a country either, while i am a fan of the way canada does things..... however, i cheer for team usa, and hate team canada.....

i'm weird...

Archived