Cody21's NHL

Cody21

I like the idea of bringing back the Red and Black but theres no consistency between the two logos. The Bison head is a product of 90's while the cap logo belongs to era where logos were far less refined. The gradient along the edges of the bottle cap look particularly out of place. My suggestion would be to refine logos so they at least look congruent.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins Jerseys: the honey bear is back! he is now a shoulder patch. i also went ahead and made a new alternate in refrence to the old b jerseys. c and c much appreciated.

bruinsjerseys.png

The sizing and misplacement of the shoulder patches makes this feel lopsided. The "B" on the shoulder is actually the right size, while the Pooh Bear head is at least twice the proper size. The sleeve numbers are still too big, and on the yellow one, they're upside down.

please-slow-down-300x300.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here is the final version of the ducks jerseys. i made the patches a little smaller(thanks for the photo) and fixed the numbers and NOB's.

more c and c is appreciated. i was just wondering if i can rename this project? also how do you change the subtitles?

kinda like that wild wing jersey. any plans on bringing back burger king for the kings alt?

i think you should go completely crazy with the piping, BFBS, gradients and cartoon logos.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Buffalo: heres the deal. im bring red and black back. those colours basically equal to when the team was the best they ever were. i also :wub: black and red! now heres a fun fact: the new "buffalo" script off there alternate isn't new. the script comes the old AHL's Buffalo Bisons from 1940 to 1970. the team was owned by the local owner of Pespi. so there logo was a pespi bottle cap with "Buffalo Hockey Club" on it. i decided to pay homage to it and make the teams new shoulder logo with a recolour and sabres added. c and c is appreciated. also the script will be on the alternate. BuffaloSabresLogos.png

There were a lot of people who loved the Black and Red styling for the Sabres when it came out. Being a kid of the 90's it was awesome. However, the 90's are over and if a team wasn't historically black and red, they should not go back to it. Colors go in trends, early 90's teal and purple, late 90's red and black, currently the hot color combo is powder blue and yellow (which I would not want to see as a Sabres jersey unless it is for a toddler). Blue and Gold are Buffalo Sabres colors, end of story. Also being from Buffalo I have a small chip on my shoulder about the constipated goat logo featured above. It shouldn't have been the main logo then or ever again because we are the Sabres, not the Buffalo Buffaloes. Please read consider your use of that face, throw some swords in this and make it a Buffalo Sabres logo. The reason the classic and current logo work is because the team name is explained by the logo, a Buffalo (the city) over 2 Sabres (the nickname). As pointed out before anyone who reads logo blogs or is a history buff or is old enough knew the script "Buffalo" is a nod to the days as a minor league team.

As a side note to Cody I really appreciate your enthusiasm, I do, knowing that you want to design at such a young age is great. I had that drive too. But as it has been mentioned before, you can't just copy and paste and say its new. Call it an edit, or mock up.

As a side note to the forum, please realize we are being trolled by this kid, and ignore him when he does this kind of thing, that is until he does something real.

Bruins Jerseys: the honey bear is back! he is now a shoulder patch. i also went ahead and made a new alternate in refrence to the old b jerseys. c and c much appreciated.

bruinsjerseys.png

First off I mention that I am a life long, die hard Bruins fan. So with that comes my inherent bias.

Now...

Why did you show us one set of logos with the black being replaced by the original brown then not use them? I've been advocating the bruins switch to a dark shade of brown instead of black for years. I'm thinking of something along the lines of dark chocolate, not the milk chocolate shade you showed us but you were on the right track.

Why would you bring back the most docile, sleepy looking bear shoulder patch that was almost universally hated by all Bruins fans. The current shoulder patches are an example of finally getting it right after the rabid, crazy eyed bear, followed by docile sleepy eyed bear.

Why would you ever think mismatched shoulder patches would look good, are you from Calgary?

Why are the TV numbers so BIG?

Is that a design choice to make the TV numbers on the alternate upside down? Now that's new, some day we might have upside down for upside down's sake trend or UDFUDS.

Are these jerseys from the past? Reebok no longer uses that log in the NHL.

Why is your work so sloppy and rushed, this isn't your average hockey fan that doesn't even notice when their favourite team changes their uniform, nor is it your little friends in the school yard, this board is filled with professional designers, aspiring professional designers or just plain old logo nuts. We will notice, EVERYTHING!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Why is your work so sloppy and rushed, this isn't your average hockey fan that doesn't even notice when their favourite team changes their uniform, nor is it your little friends in the school yard, this board is filled with professional designers, aspiring professional designers or just plain old logo nuts. We will notice, EVERYTHING!!!

This. Slow it down man.

Here is the final version of the ducks jerseys. i made the patches a little smaller(thanks for the photo) and fixed the numbers and NOB's.

more c and c is appreciated. i was just wondering if i can rename this project? also how do you change the subtitles?

kinda like that wild wing jersey. any plans on bringing back burger king for the kings alt?

i think you should go completely crazy with the piping, BFBS, gradients and cartoon logos.

i am bringing back the fisherman and burger king. those 3 logos are the most underrated in hockey.

Buffalo: heres the deal. im bring red and black back. those colours basically equal to when the team was the best they ever were. i also :wub: black and red! now heres a fun fact: the new "buffalo" script off there alternate isn't new. the script comes the old AHL's Buffalo Bisons from 1940 to 1970. the team was owned by the local owner of Pespi. so there logo was a pespi bottle cap with "Buffalo Hockey Club" on it. i decided to pay homage to it and make the teams new shoulder logo with a recolour and sabres added. c and c is appreciated. also the script will be on the alternate. BuffaloSabresLogos.png

There were a lot of people who loved the Black and Red styling for the Sabres when it came out. Being a kid of the 90's it was awesome. However, the 90's are over and if a team wasn't historically black and red, they should not go back to it. Colors go in trends, early 90's teal and purple, late 90's red and black, currently the hot color combo is powder blue and yellow (which I would not want to see as a Sabres jersey unless it is for a toddler). Blue and Gold are Buffalo Sabres colors, end of story. Also being from Buffalo I have a small chip on my shoulder about the constipated goat logo featured above. It shouldn't have been the main logo then or ever again because we are the Sabres, not the Buffalo Buffaloes. Please read consider your use of that face, throw some swords in this and make it a Buffalo Sabres logo. The reason the classic and current logo work is because the team name is explained by the logo, a Buffalo (the city) over 2 Sabres (the nickname). As pointed out before anyone who reads logo blogs or is a history buff or is old enough knew the script "Buffalo" is a nod to the days as a minor league team.

As a side note to Cody I really appreciate your enthusiasm, I do, knowing that you want to design at such a young age is great. I had that drive too. But as it has been mentioned before, you can't just copy and paste and say its new. Call it an edit, or mock up.

As a side note to the forum, please realize we are being trolled by this kid, and ignore him when he does this kind of thing, that is until he does something real.

changing my logos up. the post will be up today!

bruinsjerseys.png

First off I mention that I am a life long, die hard Bruins fan. So with that comes my inherent bias.

Now...

Why did you show us one set of logos with the black being replaced by the original brown then not use them? I've been advocating the bruins switch to a dark shade of brown instead of black for years. I'm thinking of something along the lines of dark chocolate, not the milk chocolate shade you showed us but you were on the right track.

Why would you bring back the most docile, sleepy looking bear shoulder patch that was almost universally hated by all Bruins fans. The current shoulder patches are an example of finally getting it right after the rabid, crazy eyed bear, followed by docile sleepy eyed bear.

Why would you ever think mismatched shoulder patches would look good, are you from Calgary?

Why are the TV numbers so BIG?

Is that a design choice to make the TV numbers on the alternate upside down? Now that's new, some day we might have upside down for upside down's sake trend or UDFUDS.

Are these jerseys from the past? Reebok no longer uses that log in the NHL.

just for the mention of the brown, im making a setfor you. i think it cool to have two shoulder aptches asit is different and allows teams to express themselves.

Why is there such a big gap between the NOB and number on the gold jersey?

that will be fixed.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

bruinsjerseys.png

The yellow one's way too yellow. you should have the striping on the bottom like the other sweaters. the home and road look good though.

Jersey strong, Brooklyn ready.

Update on Boston:Honey-bear is smaller, striping is added to the bottom of the alternate and t.v. numbers are fixed.

bruinsjerseys-1.png

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Those tv numbers are still WAY too big.

I still don't understand how the hell you could screw up TV numbers. They are usually the right size to begin with, just copy them from the number sheet and just rotate them. No need to resize them.

not all sets have tv numbers. so i usually go ahead and make the back numbers about half the size they were. it looks better.

The honeybear on the away jerseys backside is upside down.

oops! that will be fixed right after im done posting the new sabres logos. going back to blue and gold but im using the buffalo head.

Those tv numbers are still WAY too big.

I still don't understand how the hell you could screw up TV numbers. They are usually the right size to begin with, just copy them from the number sheet and just rotate them. No need to resize them.

not all sets have tv numbers. so i usually go ahead and make the back numbers about half the size they were. it looks better.

So, you're saying the way you have it looks better? Because it doesn't. :therock:

Even if you do want 2 non-matching shoulder patches, why choose one that's already on the front of the jersey ? Make a new logo yourself - even if it isn't great, people will still be happy to see the effort.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived