Cody21's NHL

Cody21

well heres what i have to say about the nhl: most teams have it right. some dont. this is what i would love to see my nhl teams wearing. you can have your opinions on it but this is what i would like to see.im doing these in alphabetical order, so its easier. first up is Anaheim:

duckslogo.png

this is what i would like to see as a primary. the new numbers are awesome but the old logo has that nice charm about it. i found a way to get paint.net on a computer at school so all my concepts except a few will be made using paint.net. the jerseys will be up later.

c and c on the recoloured logo plz! what do you guys think?

all offensive(to me,not the concepts) comments will be removed.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't remove posts as you're not a mod.

Anyways, the logo's primary colours are teal/black while the roundel's colours are eggplant (purple) and yellow. For consistency, make the yellow and silver outlines teal with the one inbetween black (or something along those lines) to balance out the colour distribution. Also, there are a few stray orange pixels on the gold outline. Oh, and shrink down your canvas size.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Anyways, the logo's primary colours are teal/black while the roundel's colours are eggplant (purple) and yellow. For consistency, make the yellow and silver outlines teal with the one inbetween black (or something along those lines) to balance out the colour distribution. Also, there are a few stray orange pixels on the gold outline. Oh, and shrink down your canvas size.

okay. didn't know that. thanks fior the whole mod thing. your idea is a good one, but silver and yellow are actual colopurs used on the teams jerseys and i needed to add them somewhere. the jade (actual name of the green) is used in the triangle. and eggplant is used in the oval beacause its a primary colour.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

okay. didn't know that. thanks fior the whole mod thing. your idea is a good one, but silver and yellow are actual colopurs used on the teams jerseys and i needed to add them somewhere. the jade (actual name of the green) is used in the triangle. and eggplant is used in the oval beacause its a primary colour.

Fair enough. But ditch the silver outline if you're not gonna use it on the jerseys.

You need to work on your presentation of the logo more. There's no need for the extra white space around the logo. Please take the extra two minutes to clean it up and make it at least quasi-professional looking.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You need to work on your presentation of the logo more. There's no need for the extra white space around the logo. Please take the extra two minutes to clean it up and make it at least quasi-professional looking.

okay. sorry for not cropping it. in a rush need to get home(i live like an hour away from my school)

First things first: this is a re-COLOR, not a re-BRAND. People need to realize what a rebrand is. A rebrand would be new logos, uniforms, and/or colors.

Aside from the improper titling of this thread, on to the execution of the logo: there's too much going on. Four different colors plus black and white, it just doesn't work for me, sorry.

well the ducks jerseys should be up tomorrow or thursday( im new to the whole striping thing and its complicated) so to keep you waiting heres the bruins: Bruins.jpg

i wish the team would go back to the old colours ( brown and yellow) as it was unique and it wont clash with any other teams(such as the penguins). the bear is now the primary (without the shield) and the pinwheel is now the shoulder patch logo. jerseys will most likely be up friday or monday.

well the ducks jerseys should be up tomorrow or thursday( im new to the whole striping thing and its complicated) so to keep you waiting heres the bruins: Bruins.jpg

i wish the team would go back to the old colours ( brown and yellow) as it was unique and it wont clash with any other teams(such as the penguins). the bear is now the primary (without the shield) and the pinwheel is now the shoulder patch logo. jerseys will most likely be up friday or monday.

Sorry. No. Not only is the current design fantastic, this just looks...far too muddied. The current colors are so beyond classic. Returning to the (IMO ugly brown and yellow) would be a significant downgrade.

Not to mention that the team is referred to as the black and gold by fans, analysts and players alike. Hell, even an unofficial team song has "GO GO BLACK AND GOLD" in the chorus:

Not to mention, the jokes would be unbearable.

spacer.png

Black and yellow has so much more contrast than brown and gold. Also, the Pens haven't word black and athletic gold in 12-odd years, so I highly doubt there's be any confusion. A Winter Classic-inspired alt would work, though.

And remember to rebrand the jerseys.

Black and yellow has so much more contrast than brown and gold. Also, the Pens haven't word black and athletic gold in 12-odd years, so I highly doubt there's be any confusion. A Winter Classic-inspired alt would work, though.

well that gonna be hard to do. and btw, im giving you guys a hint for the pens that way (sunday golds will be back)

well that gonna be hard to do. and btw, im giving you guys a hint for the pens that way (sunday golds will be back)

Rebranding is gonna be hard to do? Then why say that's what you're doing?

Rebranding is gonna be hard to do? Then why say that's what you're doing?

i meant changing up the bruins jerseys! they are a classic. the only thing i would change is the alternate. and of course the bear and brown.

Sad to say, the "new" primary looks like clipart without the crest. 'Boston' is far too small, and it looks obvious that you've extracted this from a "complete" logo. The 'banner' that the Bruin is standing on leads to nowhere, it looks odd.

As for the color changes, there's not enough contrast. It just looks muddled, as RedSox44 said.

Lastly, if you're going to rebrand, don't just make minor mods (if even that) to uniforms. That's not rebranding. That's refreshing, or updating.

Also, I missed this: you're removing the spoked B as the primary?

New Englanders, get your torches and pitchforks ready.

Anyway, the bear is a fantastic shoulder patch, and isn't made to work as a crest.

Likewise, the spoked B is great as a crest logo, not so much as a shoulder patch (as the current alt shows).

And I'm not one of those "OMG you can never make any changes to my team!" kind of guys, but seriously, everything here would be a downgrade. Despite how much I adore the current uni and logo set, I do believe there's (some, very small) room for improvement. There always is.

This isn't it.

spacer.png

Elliot hasn't made a TL;DR wall of text bitching about this yet so I'll just do it for him.

Usually i'm soft on those who just recolour stuff but you need to realize that making concepts that are generally well received take something called EFFORT. That is something that is lacking in EVERY SINGLE ONE of your concepts. Literally every concept I have ever seen from you has been either a 2 minute recolour or a nasty paint mishmash that took less time to make than a steak. Don't even think about blaming it on the fact that paint is all you have either cause I have (not trying to toot my own horn here) made and seen TERRIFIC concepts made using paint alone. Now I don't want to be "that guy" but unless you want to be flamed to hell for your effortless work, take your recolours to HJC and actually USE the C&C that people try to give you and use it to make your work better. Don't rush your concepts, take your time making them and make sure your ideas and execution is spot on before you post something here. Trust me, I found this out the hard way.

This was my first concept I posted here.

133.jpg

I have improved so much since I first posted that, you can improve too, but you just need to learn how to put effort into your work.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Elliot hasn't made a TL;DR wall of text bitching about this yet so I'll just do it for him.

Usually i'm soft on those who just recolour stuff but you need to realize that making concepts that are generally well received take something called EFFORT. That is something that is lacking in EVERY SINGLE ONE of your concepts. Literally every concept I have ever seen from you has been either a 2 minute recolour or a nasty paint mishmash that took less time to make than a steak. Don't even think about blaming it on the fact that paint is all you have either cause I have (not trying to toot my own horn here) made and seen TERRIFIC concepts made using paint alone. Now I don't want to be "that guy" but unless you want to be flamed to hell for your effortless work, take your recolours to HJC and actually USE the C&C that people try to give you and use it to make your work better. Don't rush your concepts, take your time making them and make sure your ideas and execution is spot on before you post something here. Trust me, I found this out the hard way.

This was my first concept I posted here.

133.jpg

I have improved so much since I first posted that, you can improve too, but you just need to learn how to put effort into your work.

that looks pretty sweet.the one thing i would change is add orange and use the old alternate logo

that looks pretty sweet.the one thing i would change is add orange and use the old alternate logo

You missed the point of what he was trying to say. Read Connor's post again. He wasn't asking for feedback, that's an old concept. And he's improved the presentation of his work since he made that.

We've all recoloured a team's existing logo when making a concept for the first time, but it's not exactly a "rebrand" if all you're doing is swapping out black for brown on the Bruins logos. Do you have particular reasons for the colour changes you made? Do they make sense within the context of the uniforms you plan on putting together for these teams? Do you seriously believe what you've made would be a good look for that team? These are all things you have to think about carefully when making your concepts. Take your time and don't rush them: if you're going to recolour a team's logo as part of your project, don't show us that before the uniforms have been designed, we've already seen these logos in use by the teams and it just looks like the same thing with a palette swap.

Not to rag on you or anything, but you're not putting enough time and effort into these concepts. Start off slowly with one team before you take on the rest of the league, and your work will probably be better. Also, you don't neccesarily have to start with Anaheim and Boston just because they're both first alphabetically, but that's entirely up to you.

Hope that helps.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived