Cody21's NHL

Cody21

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Numbers are off centre

-Sleeve numbers are too big

-Shoulder patches are too big

We didn't comment on Wild Wing, because right now, he's the least of your problems.

um dude. the shoulders are fine. the numbers are too. the only reason the numbers are off is because i dont want them covering the stripes. it ruins the jersey.

nash covered most of it, but your striping is still inconsistent.

no its not. look at the jerseys and tell me that it is again.

- No, the shoulder patches are way too big. Look at the patches on their real third jersey and compare.

- No, the numbers are not fine, they look atrocious the way they are now.

- The sleeve numbers are too big. Look at other jerseys.

You're right about the striping though; you did actually fix it. Baby steps.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

the only reason the numbers are off is because i dont want them covering the stripes. it ruins the jersey.

You are allowed to put the numbers over the top of the stripes if you need to, the Ducks have been doing that since day one.

And trust me, it won't ruin the design. As long as the numbers are in the right place the jersey won't be ruined. I've seen the numbers pushed to the side like that in the Wii NHL2K games, it looked terrible.

Still, it's looking better now.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

With regards to the new Ducks jerseys:

- The back and front striping of the white jersey is different.

- The cuff striping on the front and back of the alternate is different.

That's what jsb means when he says the striping is inconsistant.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That's exactly what I meant. Sorry about that.

wow.did not notice that. as you can now see the changes have been made.

ducksuniforms.png

the only reason the numbers are off is because i dont want them covering the stripes. it ruins the jersey.

You are allowed to put the numbers over the top of the stripes if you need to, the Ducks have been doing that since day one.

And trust me, it won't ruin the design. As long as the numbers are in the right place the jersey won't be ruined. I've seen the numbers pushed to the side like that in the Wii NHL2K games, it looked terrible.

Still, it's looking better now.

i did it in honour of those games. i have a wii and thats all i play on it.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

There you go, but like everyone else has said, you've got to center the name and the numbers. Even if they cover part of the stripes, it will look way better centered.

okay. btw boston will be up tomorrow.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I don't understand, you're making concepts in honor of the Wii game? The numbers are still offcenter and the shoulder patches are still oversized.

When people point out flaws in your jerseys, they're not trying to insult your ideas; they're actually trying to help you make better concepts by helping you to refine your skills. Please take some time to think about that as not every piece of work you do will be perfect. We all have room for improvement.

Midway.png

I don't understand, you're making concepts in honor of the Wii game? The numbers are still offcenter and the shoulder patches are still oversized.

When people point out flaws in your jerseys, they're not trying to insult your ideas; they're actually trying to help you make better concepts by helping you to refine your skills. Please take some time to think about that as not every piece of work you do will be perfect. We all have room for improvement.

no the numbers on the ducks are in honour of it. the patches are not oversized. they look fine.

There you go, but like everyone else has said, you've got to center the name and the numbers. Even if they cover part of the stripes, it will look way better centered.

okay. btw boston will be up tomorrow.

Let's focus on correcting the Ducks jerseys before you go onto Boston.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

no the numbers on the ducks are in honour of it. the patches are not oversized. they look fine.

Why are you being so combative? People are offering insights, which, IMO, are not that far off base. I get that you have a grand idea, and that's fine. But there are some things that do not work on uniforms. Massive shoulder patches and off-center numbers/NOBs are a prime example of things that do not work on a hockey jersey. It just looks bad. Center the numbers and NOBs on these, and they will look better. First you say it's because it will look like crap, then you say it's in honor of a Wii game. So, which is it? If I saw something like that in real life, I'd immediately think China counterfeit.

You don't have to implement every bit of C&C (though in this case, every piece that has been offered is elementary and basic-- AKA things that should not really need to be said). You also don't have to comment on every post, and you certainly do not need to be standoffish about it. Firing back at people only makes you look worse.

Alright, I would also tell you about the numbers and patches, but at this point, I'd just be beating a dead horse. However, I do have some C+C on the third. Frankly, it is way too busy... You have so much going on with the sleeve/torso stripes, complex crest, and shoulder yoke. It's a bit of sensory overload. I'd suggest removing the shoulder yoke all together. It really doesn't flow with the rest of the uniform at all. If you remove it, the uniform will look much better IMO.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That is one of the worst excuses I've ever heard. Yes the Patches ARE OVERSIZED, as well as being in the wrong spot!

ducks3rd2.jpg

Take a good look at the proportions on that, and tell me they are "Fine"

You spend more time arguing and making excuses than you do practicing making concepts, and it shows.

Ahh, Cody. Every post I read of yours is like I'm being repeatedly kicked in the testicles.

i feel it too, and its not pleasant. all i want to do is do a facepalm.

Why are you being so combative? People are offering insights, which, IMO, are not that far off base. I get that you have a grand idea, and that's fine. But there are some things that do not work on uniforms. Massive shoulder patches and off-center numbers/NOBs are a prime example of things that do not work on a hockey jersey. It just looks bad. Center the numbers and NOBs on these, and they will look better. First you say it's because it will look like crap, then you say it's in honor of a Wii game. So, which is it? If I saw something like that in real life, I'd immediately think China counterfeit.

You don't have to implement every bit of C&C (though in this case, every piece that has been offered is elementary and basic-- AKA things that should not really need to be said). You also don't have to comment on every post, and you certainly do not need to be standoffish about it. Firing back at people only makes you look worse.

pretty much sums it up right here. your lack of maturity to accept the c&c given along with your stubbornness really upsets me. we are trying to help you, but your pride is what is making your concepts suffer.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

i did it in honour of those games. i have a wii and thats all i play on it.

Please tell me that was a joke. The fact that they are pushed aside in the NHL2K Wii games is not a good thing.

I think we can officially say now that Cody is trolling.

spacer.png

Archived