Cody21's NHL

Cody21

Ahh, Cody. Every post I read of yours is like I'm being repeatedly kicked in the testicles.

I couldn't agree more!

The thing is, he never learns his lesson. He often doesn't take C&C, is belligerent towards comments criticizing him, and he still comes back for more without substantially improving.

It's sad really.

spacer.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Cody. I mean, you just don't understand the meaning of these boards. You make concepts that are really messy and it doesn't even look like you put any time into it.

First, you give us bull:censored: like "I was in a rush" or "I only use Paint". Making concepts is not a race at all. In fact, the best concepts are the ones that the artist puts alot of time and effort into. And about Paint, you aren't the only person who makes their concepts in Paint. In fact, I use Paint but it doesn't give me an excuse for making a messy concept. Mine are clean and that's because I put time into each one I make.

Second, you completely ignore the C&C you are given. People give you feedback on how to improve your concept and you tell them that they're all wrong and that your not going to learn from said feedback. Are you the greatist concept artist on these boards? No, your not. Then you act very immature about it and tell people to stop pissing you off when they actually trying to help you!

You already have a bad image here for stealing logos and such, this is only hurting it more. I'm not trying to be a :censored:, but if you put in time and listen to C&C (most of it basic), your concepts will improve and you won't be given this negative feedback.

Albeit Cody does need the MAJOR help, but it disappoints me that he's getting this many comments when he's not even listening to the help he's getting. Four pages and he's posted what, two or three crappy logos? All we're doing is assuring this thread stays on top while other good threads are being pushed down to the second or third page.

Cody, I'm gonna use the good-bad-good thing here.

First of all, I think that your work has improved. Kudos.

However, you still got a long way to go, so join the club. There isn't a single person on this board who can't improve their game.

You improve by acting on good advice, observing what the best do, and constantly working on your trade.

When someone takes the time to give you good advice respectfully, the best way to thank that person is to use that advice on future postings.

Pay attention to detail. Some of the guys here are pros and they'll, quite rightfully, take you to task for not doing that.

Accept help; don't fight it. In high school, I told almost every teacher that I had, to go f--- themselves, only to realize later, that they were good people who were only trying to help me. I should have had my ass kicked.

It's good that you have a passion for this stuff (or seem to), and if you do, this board is a great learning tool.

You're working on a series now, and I suggest that you check out the concepts from rosstaylor24 and julius seizure, among others.

They've created a background template that is the right size and looks very professional.

It makes your work look consistent and you don't need to worry about cropping issues every time you post a new concept, if you're dropping your new graphics on the same consistent background.

One last thing... take the time to double-check your work AND your responses before posting. Work on your content, spelling and grammar because you're not only "selling" your concept; You're selling your professionalism.

Good luck.

However, you still got a long way to go, so join the club. There isn't a single person on this board who can't improve their game.

You improve by acting on good advice, observing what the best do, and constantly working on your trade.

When someone takes the time to give you good advice respectfully, the best way to thank that person is to use that advice on future postings.

Pay attention to detail. Some of the guys here are pros and they'll, quite rightfully, take you to task for not doing that.

Accept help; don't fight it. In high school, I told almost every teacher that I had, to go f--- themselves, only to realize later, that they were good people who were only trying to help me. I should have had my a ass kicked.

It's good that you have a passion for this stuff (or seem to), and if you do, this board is a great learning tool.

You're working on a series now, and I suggest that you check out the concepts from rosstaylor24 and julius seizure, among others.

They've created a background template that is the right size and looks very professional.

It makes your work look consistent and you don't need to worry about cropping issues every time you post a new concept, if you're dropping your new graphics on the same consistent background.

One last thing... take the time to double-check your work AND your responses before posting. Work on your content, spelling and grammar because you're not only "selling" your concept; You're selling your professionalism.

Good luck.

im turning over a new leaf. i am trying to accept c and c but sometimes i feel like people are criticising me for doing a rush job. i cant use the templates that ross uses as they are not paint compatible. its hard when you have a passion for something and you dont even have internet at home. i have to use school to do my passion.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Accept help; don't fight it. In high school, I told almost every teacher that I had, to go f--- themselves, only to realize later, that they were good people who were only trying to help me. I should have had my a ass kicked.

Good luck.

im turning over a new leaf. i am trying to accept c and c but sometimes i feel like people are criticising me for doing a rush job. i cant use the templates that ross uses as they are not paint compatible. its hard when you have a passion for something and you dont even have internet at home. i have to use school to do my passion.

Your not going to make an excuse that makes up for a rush job. Your not on contract here, or a deadline, we don't need a concept every hour. Chill out and work through one... If you don't have internet at home then you should excess amount of time at home, doing nothing, to work on these. Also stop making excuses! We don't care...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Here is the final version of the ducks jerseys. i made the patches a little smaller(thanks for the photo) and fixed the numbers and NOB's.

ducksuniforms-1.png

more c and c is appreciated. i was just wondering if i can rename this project? also how do you change the subtitles?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Very nice concept Cody. Keep working on this and others.

But...

... slow down... listen to what people say... think about it... then continue on. You don't have to do what people say but you do have to listen and not take it personally. If you want to be a designer you will need thicker skin. Believe me I've had many concepts get tossed to the curb.

Well it's much better now but if I have to nitpick the shoulder patches are still rather big and should be placed a little farther away from the collar. The names are still not perfectly centered as well. All it really takes is a glance to see where you need to fix the little basic things but your skills are really starting get sharper as you go.

Midway.png

The primaries actually look pretty good. However, a few issues still remain on the alt: the numbers aren't centred and the TV numbers are too big.

Edit your first post in this thread and then click "Use Full Editor" at the bottom. Then you can change the subtitle.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Bruins Jerseys: the honey bear is back! he is now a shoulder patch. i also went ahead and made a new alternate in refrence to the old b jerseys. c and c much appreciated.

bruinsjerseys.png

I like that Bruins' alt Cody (your sleeve 7's are upside down).

It's classic, simple- would look pretty good.

I'm not fussy on the mis-matching shoulder patches. Interesting idea though.

Honey-bear makes a decent shoulder patch.

I'd make him a tad smaller and place him a little further away from the neck.

A few tweaks and this is good.

I like that Bruins' alt Cody (your sleeve 7's are upside down).

It's classic, simple- would look pretty good.

I'm not fussy on the mis-matching shoulder patches. Interesting idea though.

Honey-bear makes a decent shoulder patch.

I'd make him a tad smaller and place him a little further away from the neck.

A few tweaks and this is good.

oops! the changes will be made later. im working on the sabres right now. your never gonna guess what im doing for them.

I'm not a fan of the mismatching shoulder patches, mostly because the "B" is already on the jerseys. Shrink down honeybear and move him closer to the neck on the shoulder. I like the alt, but add waist stripes to match the arm stripes and raise the back numbers; they're too low.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Buffalo: heres the deal. im bring red and black back. those colours basically equal to when the team was the best they ever were. i also :wub: black and red! now heres a fun fact: the new "buffalo" script off there alternate isn't new. the script comes the old AHL's Buffalo Bisons from 1940 to 1970. the team was owned by the local owner of Pespi. so there logo was a pespi bottle cap with "Buffalo Hockey Club" on it. i decided to pay homage to it and make the teams new shoulder logo with a recolour and sabres added. c and c is appreciated. also the script will be on the alternate. BuffaloSabresLogos.png

now heres a fun fact: the new "buffalo" script off there alternate isn't new. the script comes the old AHL's Buffalo Bisons from 1940 to 1970.

We know. That's exactly why the script logo was based off of that bottle cap logo.

bufg.png

Big problem here for me: the styles of those two logos do not work together. The old school buffalo logo would work much better with that bottle cap logo. You could also modernize the cap logo a little bit (while preserving the script), and it would look a little better. Right now, though, these are really disjointed as a set.

Archived