Ohio Black Basketball Jerseys

Maxwell70

We all heard about and saw the black football jerseys, but now the Ohio Bobcats Mens Basketball team for the first time wore black jerseys at home this evening against Kent State.

Definitely an interesting design. Not sure what Russell is doing, but as an Alum, i dont mind it, just don't wear it that often.

498741644.jpg?Expires=1326937187&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ceO28qwj6GkEprduVXtiJLyTzwbzjjiaPs6ROpKAsMzhjdADAsTzM8aLFso16Dvl06gYNJco-BJ9rVvTg0Pyw~8K4L6t4om-Y0B~6p9ecraCMjkLS5t8XKF8l0A4tAEQZAmGwFXKZ3BIzn6Z0L6SMDMhsTWM2f3jRZzxAvwcCYY_

x0y5nq.png

Disclosure: I'm an OU alum.

I don't like BFBS jerseys in general, and considering the OU teams are frequently referred to as "the green and white", it definitely doesn't seem fitting here.

That said...I *love* these. If you can get past the wonky pattern on the numbers, the jersey template and the name/number font is 100x better than what's on the standard home and aways this year. And between the football team's 2 big wins in the black jerseys and the awesome showing by the hoops team last night, I can get behind the school's "big game black jersey" movement.

its is awful! that font is not cool! but the rest of the design is pretty sweet.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

To Russells defense, atleast they use OHIO's script on the uniform, they should make a number font out of it though.

Considering that you can't even get a replica at retail, I think you'd have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing Russell make a custom number font for Ohio.

Archived