College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

You missed the point. They're are supposed to look like a knight's armor after battle. The scratches are to mimic swipes from a sword... same with the shoulders on the unis.

That's a cool story and all, but they're not knights. "Scarlet Knights" is just a name. They're football players and equating football with actual combat is ridiculous.

Thanks, Paul Lukas, but they're not. They're equating the team with the school's mascot...the same way they did with the horned frog print on TCU, gator print on Florida, etc...

And you may want to pick up a dictionary, because football is most certainly a form of combat.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed the point. They're are supposed to look like a knight's armor after battle. The scratches are to mimic swipes from a sword... same with the shoulders on the unis.

That's a cool story and all, but they're not knights. "Scarlet Knights" is just a name. They're football players and equating football with actual combat is ridiculous.

so you would have have every single team not play into their name at all and have pretty much the same designs and templates across the entire NCAA? no feathers for oregon? no tiger stripes for princeton? no seminole designs for florida state etc?

Yeah I can understand not liking the way it looks but not likin it because they're football players and not actual knights?? Really. Like stated above, do you too dislike the bengals and Philadelphia eagles ??

Thanks, Paul Lukas, but they're not. They're equating the team with the school's mascot...the same way they did with the horned frog print on TCU, gator print on Florida, etc...

And you may want to pick up a dictionary, because football is most certainly a form of combat.

Lukas and the whole uni-watch page are just a bunch of old school uniform lovers that never want change! If every uniform was black and white, these people would still complain about it.

spacer.png

Lukas and the whole uni-watch page are just a bunch of old school uniform lovers that never want change! If every uniform was black and white, these people would still complain about it.

While you won't be satisfied until every team has uniforms in every possible color and has millions of possible combinations. You are just as extreme as he is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

561961_357004161015101_127620767286776_920145_175770534_n.jpg

Via HGI facebook page

I'm at a loss as to how designing the helmet to look scratched and worn was thought to be a good idea. What's next? A baseball team introducing caps with fabric that emulates the look of sweat marks?

Really, really sucky knights who just took about 45 straight-on blows to the head?

Awesome.

This. It looks ridiculous, whatever the intent.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

While you won't be satisfied until every team has uniforms in every possible color and has millions of possible combinations. You are just as extreme as he is.

Incorrect! I love traditional uniforms just as much as I love modern designs. I love the fact that UK wears All-Blue at home because that is our tradition for the last 8-10 years. I hate when teams like Notre Dame try to change their classic look (except for the green jerseys, b/c I love those). I hated how Louisville went with a more traditional uniform last season and did not wear red pants at all. So as you can see I am all over the place. The only thing I can guarantee you is that I HATE Storm trooper looks and teams wearing PLAIN white pants.

spacer.png

Football is a game. Not combat, not war. People go to war or combat and lose their lives to protect freedoms, assets and interests. To say a game is combat is sickening to me. Now, comparing it to combat is one thing but, to say it IS. Seems wrong to me.

Football is a game. Not combat, not war. People go to war or combat and lose their lives to protect freedoms, assets and interests. To say a game is combat is sickening to me. Now, comparing it to combat is one thing but, to say it IS. Seems wrong to me.

Again, pick up a definition. Just because you think "combat" = "war" doesn't mean you are right. Combat is a lot broader definition than that.

So are you anti Texas Longhorns??

huh?

ha sorry, that was in response to nuordr who's anti strom trooper look and hates plain white pants.

Well, of course. Those boring old traditionalists need to wake up and join the 21st Century! The Longhorns should wear black for every home game. Everyone is doing it so they should too!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Via HGI facebook page

I'm at a loss as to how designing the helmet to look scratched and worn was thought to be a good idea. What's next? A baseball team introducing caps with fabric that emulates the look of sweat marks?

Really, really sucky knights who just took about 45 straight-on blows to the head?

Awesome.

Haha seems appropriate for Rutgers

According to this site:

All people who like uniforms like this want everyone to wear anthicrite, and have crazy uniforms, and ignore all tradition and culture. They are kids who all just don't understand the ways of old, and they are brainwashed by Nike.

All the people who hate uniforms like this want everyone to revert back to the 1960s, and want everyone to look the same, and are old farts who just can't accept any kind of change, and want to ruin all kinds of fun.

Jesus Christ guys, really?

(note, I'm not saying that these people don't exist, but they are in the severe minority)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

According to this site:

All people who like uniforms like this want everyone to wear anthicrite, and have crazy uniforms, and ignore all tradition and culture. They are kids who all just don't understand the ways of old, and they are brainwashed by Nike.

All the people who hate uniforms like this want everyone to revert back to the 1960s, and want everyone to look the same, and are old farts who just can't accept any kind of change, and want to ruin all kinds of fun.

(note, I'm not saying that these people don't exist, but they are in the severe minority)

Lol this is spot on. No gray area apparently lol.

According to this site:

This times 1,000,000!

And let's get back to the unis before nuordr, KevinW, and spleen ruin it again...

The new Rutgers look is not my taste. They tried modern before and it didn't work, so why try now?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Via HGI facebook page

Pre-pine-tarred batting helmets.

Via HGI facebook page

Real knights wouldn't have taken shiny armor into battle in the first place. That :censored: 's expensive-you don't want the ceremonial set getting cut up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived