College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gradient numbers? The 90's look is slowly but surely making a serious comeback.

Really? How many college football teams in the 90s had gradient numbers?

I guess I was just referring more to including gradients in uniforms period. To me when I see gradient I think 90's.

As do I, and I don't doubt that a sizeable contingent of this board shares that viewpoint.

As for the uniforms themselves, numbers aside, they're straight-up plain (EDIT: after a closer look, it appears they all have contrast-colored sleeves). But I'm not understanding the gradient numbers, except that they're there "just because"?which is fast becoming the undoing of many of Nike's recent unveils (unless, of course, Arkansas specifically asked for those, which would then render this entire point moot). As a matter of fact, the alternate white helmet (and the link in that picture is rather small, but is that a white hog on that white helmet?), the black-on-black set, and the gradient numbers, the whole thing reeks of ______________ for ____________'s sake.

(Off-hand note: Arkansas folk LOVE their Razorbacks...but are we sure they won't revolt at the sight of that white lid???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Digging the white lid, but gradient numbers and a black uniform? Really? I would say downgrade, but considering their last uniforms had the sidepanels on them, I'd say it's a push.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Arkansas hasn't looked good since they switched from Adidas.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Darren McFadden/Felix Jones era uniform is still my favorite Arkansas look. Simple, classy, awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed. Adidas did a great job with their look. Simple, yet classy.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Darren McFadden/Felix Jones era uniform is still my favorite Arkansas look. Simple, classy, awesome.

When compared to what they've been wearing lately, yeah I'm with you there. That said, that set was also just a tadbit too simple, especially since in the realm of the crimson/garnet/maroon-and-white teams, in that former style, Arkansas was probably be #3 in the memories of most, behind Alabama and Oklahoma.

I'm sure Nike/the Razorbacks can find a way to look disctinctive in a one-color-and-white scheme without carbon-copying Arizona State?or going off the wall like Rutgers. Think Connecticut Huskies and you'll get the idea.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Before we go ahead and crown adidas, let's remember the travesty that was their final Razorbacks jersey:

ryan+mallett-arkansas.jpg

If you're going to fault the supplier for poor design and not the school, you need to be consistent. This one was a hot mess.

Wow, I completely forgot about those.

Arkansas hasn't looked good since before the 2008 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

In a vacuum, Arkansas looks better in their McFadden era jerseys but I can see why they want to go with a bit more new style designs to differ themselves from Alabama, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and other similar colored teams with simple designs. I think their most recent jerseys were good at home, merely average on the road with the yokes.

I disagree. The armpit stains have never looked good with any uniform. The road uniforms look fantastic, and the yokes go well with the team nickname, "Razorbacks"

YES! If they would've put a white yoke at home, red yoke on the road, and call it good. They don't need the armpit stains.

The Big Ten is going to add its logo to uniforms in the Fall, according to this article.

"Besides, she added, those clean, traditionally designed uniforms will be mucked up with a Big Ten logo this year. She didn?t exactly say mucked up. ?We have to have Big Ten branding on the uniforms this year moving forward. It was voted on by the member ADs,? is what she actually said, but the message was pretty clear: No one wants to start putting patches all over the place. Next thing you know, the Buckeyes jerseys will look like a NASCAR driver?s jumpsuit."

That disappoints me since I don't think it is necessary, but oh well, everyone else has done it.

Whats wrong with having the B1G decal on the front of them helmets like Ohio State does, and I know others do aswell

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived