College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Take this with a grain of salt because I cannot remember where I saw/heard/read it, but when the Rose Bowl uniforms for the Ducks came out, it was stated somewhere that fan replicas won't be available until June.

At the time I didn't really think anything of it, but with more and more signs pointing to change for the Ducks, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the new uniforms debuted soon.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minus the gradients, I think they look like solid uniforms. I've given up even complaining about teams pulling black out of their ass, so even it looks fine. Scrap the white helmet though.

B/B-

Same here, though the black still bugs me. It would look a lot better if the helmet decal outlined the pig in black, like this:

nike-arkansas-razorbacks-cardinal-2011-legacy-91-coaches-adjustable-performance-hat.jpg

The Big Ten is going to add its logo to uniforms in the Fall, according to this article.

"Besides, she added, those clean, traditionally designed uniforms will be mucked up with a Big Ten logo this year. She didn?t exactly say mucked up. ?We have to have Big Ten branding on the uniforms this year moving forward. It was voted on by the member ADs,? is what she actually said, but the message was pretty clear: No one wants to start putting patches all over the place. Next thing you know, the Buckeyes jerseys will look like a NASCAR driver?s jumpsuit."

That disappoints me since I don't think it is necessary, but oh well, everyone else has done it.

Whats wrong with having the B1G decal on the front of them helmets like Ohio State does, and I know others do aswell

I'm guessing this means all teams will have the B1G patch on the front of the jersey as well as the helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Big Ten is going to add its logo to uniforms in the Fall, according to this article.

"Besides, she added, those clean, traditionally designed uniforms will be mucked up with a Big Ten logo this year. She didn?t exactly say mucked up. ?We have to have Big Ten branding on the uniforms this year moving forward. It was voted on by the member ADs,? is what she actually said, but the message was pretty clear: No one wants to start putting patches all over the place. Next thing you know, the Buckeyes jerseys will look like a NASCAR driver?s jumpsuit."

That disappoints me since I don't think it is necessary, but oh well, everyone else has done it.

Whats wrong with having the B1G decal on the front of them helmets like Ohio State does, and I know others do aswell

I'm guessing this means all teams will have the B1G patch on the front of the jersey as well as the helmet.

Yeah it just doesn't make sense...As long as the logo is the plain logo with no boxes or footballs or pennants etc.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Yeah it just doesn't make sense...As long as the logo is the plain logo with no boxes or footballs or pennants etc.

But really, do people ever forget what conferences teams play for? It's like ACC teams adding the US flag for basketball. Never once have I heard of someone watching a basketball game and think.."Hmm what country does UNC play in?"

But really, do people ever forget what conferences teams play for? It's like ACC teams adding the US flag for basketball. Never once have I heard of someone watching a basketball game and think.."Hmm what country does UNC play in?"

I would assume that's more of a sign of respect towards our country (patriotism).

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

It's getting more confusing with all the realignment going on.

I wish GT would move to these bad boys full time... Maybe add a word mark above the numbers tho, looks like a lot of empty space.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Anyone know when their contract with Russell ends? I feel like GT has so much potential uniform wise. Just need to be Nike or even UA.

Why, so they can anthracize half the uniform and go adding bee wing patterns to the jersey shoulders?or have unnecessary seams and panels running down the back of the legs? Naw, I'll pass.

The funny thing is the uniform pictured above was produced by Russell. All Tech needs to do is tell Russell to shove their s#!tty proprietary templates, and get back to that look right there?shade of gold, white lid and all. Auburn realizes this, someone needs to tell Tech to fall in line.

Funny that you used Auburn as an example, since they left Russell for UA IIRC.

That's right. UA did kind of mess up our pants and shoulder stripes last year though because of their template.

They also shrunk the numbers, which I hated because I loved the huge numbers.

I would assume that's more of a sign of respect towards our country (patriotism).

Many would say that the proper sign of respect is to remove the flag from the athletic uniform, given that it's part of the flag code and all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And I think you can interpret it that the flag code states that the flag can't be worn as clothing meaning that you can't wear an actual flag as clothing (wrapped around you or a cape like some athletes do at the Olympics) but a patch or piece of clothing designed to look like the flag is fine in terms of the flag code.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Or we can stop doing all the overpatriotism crap which is doing more harm than good. I'm pretty sure more people hate America (this includes Americans) BECAUSE of it's patriotism. I'm in a realtionship with someone in another country, and honestly, it's embarrassing to be an American when we have all this "MURICA!! F&%K YEAH!" stuff. You know how you show patriotism? By not being insecure about your country and not having to have the American flag on everything just to try to convince yourself that you are making up for not buying American products.

/off topic

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The ACC has worn the flags on the men's and women's basketball uniforms since 9/11, same with the flag decals on the back of the football helmets.

And I think you can interpret it that the flag code states that the flag can't be worn as clothing meaning that you can't wear an actual flag as clothing (wrapped around you or a cape like some athletes do at the Olympics) but a patch or piece of clothing designed to look like the flag is fine in terms of the flag code.

From the U.S. Flag Code:

"The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."

I'm just going to go on record saying that a university athletic team is not generally considered a patriotic organization. The only possible exceptions to this rule would likely be those student athletes enrolled in one of the service academies.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Or we can stop doing all the overpatriotism crap which is doing more harm than good. I'm pretty sure more people hate America (this includes Americans) BECAUSE of it's patriotism. I'm in a realtionship with someone in another country, and honestly, it's embarrassing to be an American when we have all this "MURICA!! F&%K YEAH!" stuff. You know how you show patriotism? By not being insecure about your country and not having to have the American flag on everything just to try to convince yourself that you are making up for not buying American products.

/off topic

I love being an American, and I love how people display flags to show pride. The national anthem still gives me chills. Working 100 hour weeks in Iraq will do that.

We are far from being overpatriotic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

/off topic

I love being an American, and I love how people display flags to show pride. The national anthem still gives me chills. Working 100 hour weeks in Iraq will do that.

Indeed. It's not as if saying the Pledge of Allegiance is mandatory everywhere and no one is required to display the flag at all times. Things could be worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

/off topic

Indeed. It's not as if saying the Pledge of Allegiance is mandatory everywhere and no one is required to display the flag at all times. Things could be worse.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA FLAG DISPLAYS YOU!

No one really follows the flag code, which is why my neighbors has his flag flying at night without a spot light and in the rain, snow and whatever... really makes me sick sometimes that people don't respect Old Glory. But, I think wearing it on an athletic uniform became popular again after 9/11 but I may be wrong.

/off topic

You really need to grow up and see how blessed you are for being in this country. A country where you can spout of stupid things like you do all the time, such as this. No one is being insecure about this country, we are just damn proud to live in this country and we aren't afraid to show it. There have been millions and millions of people who have sacrificed their lives just so you could be stupid and not be arrested or killed for saying the stupid things you do. I'm damn proud to be an American and damn proud of the men and women who sacrificed to keep this country free. If you don't like how Patriotic we are, well as a lot of would gladly tell you, "There's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out."

Archived