White pants in hockey

Kevin W.

Perhaps I'm not as big of a fan of hockey as I thought, as I've always wondered why no one wears all-white. Is it because of the ice itself being white? I don't think any team would look good with white pants, but it's something I've always been curious about.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I figure puck marks would also have a hand in it. If you've ever seen white game-worn jerseys or socks there are plenty of puck marks from blocking shots. And they use one if not a couple pairs of pants at once so they would be pretty dirty looking after awhile.

bufg.png

Perhaps I'm not as big of a fan of hockey as I thought, as I've always wondered why no one wears all-white. Is it because of the ice itself being white? I don't think any team would look good with white pants, but it's something I've always been curious about.

The Capitals tried it early in their history. The problem was that they showed puck marks, so they constantly had to be cleaned.

EDIT-

Beaten to it by FGWB

The Capitals tried it early in their history.

When did they do that?

Also, why would puck marks be a concern? It's no different from white jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Capitals tried it early in their history.

When did they do that?

Also, why would puck marks be a concern? It's no different from white jerseys.

You don't really just throw breezers in the wash all the time, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Plus IMO they always look like gigantic diapers. Theres a guy in my adult league who wears a white pants covers and I call him Diaper baby cause first any sweat in the back looks like he crapped himself and it just looks like a big diaper on the guy.

spacer.png

Also, if you think it would work just because teams wear white jerseys, you'd be mistaken. 1) Jerseys can be easily washed and treated to get rid of puck marks. Most teams just leave the puck marks because they need to be treated in a special way, which leads to...2) In the NHL, teams wear three sets of home and road jerseys. Currently, the road jerseys are white. They'll play 41 games on the road, meaning, they only play roughly 14 games in each jersey. That isn't enough to really kill the whiteness of the jersey. Some teams have white alternates, which decreases the amount of wear even more.

I'm not sure how often teams change breezers, but I guarantee it isn't as often as jerseys, if they change at all. Teams wear dark breezers to hide stains and sweat as good as possible. Even when you wear a medium red or green or something, the stains start showing really quickly.

Trust me, if a team could figure out how to make it work without looking ridiculous, there would probably be more than just the old Washington Caps to do it.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Some teams have white alternates, which decreases the amount of wear even more.

No teams have white alternates this year.

...except the Capitals.

Dammit. I forgot about them. Well, one team.

bufg.png

The Calgary Flames went with vintage white pants for their heritage classic duds... looked pretty awful if you ask me

The Flames Heritage Classic look was appropriate for the event and the Vintage White pants worked well as a one-off. Far ahead of what the Rangers and Flyers came up with this past year.

The Calgary Flames went with vintage white pants for their heritage classic duds... looked pretty awful if you ask me

The Flames Heritage Classic look was appropriate for the event and the Vintage White pants worked well as a one-off. Far ahead of what the Rangers and Flyers came up with this past year.

That is like debating the prettiest waitress at Dennys

Archived