2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fox network has left us beached with LAA-NYY (and no CHC-STL). I had to call master control at our local Fox affiliate to find that out. Something is up in New York.

The Angels run total.

IUe6Hvh.png

Could be worse, a full dislocation would've equaled significant time missed. Obviously, this still isn't great news but he shouldn't miss A LOT of time. Hopefully he's back by the end of May.

Yeah. I guess we're lucky, the way Ells was holding his arm and shoulder after that, I was fearing the worst. I guess I'm "glad" that it was "only" the fifteen-day DL.

spacer.png

And this is why getting worried about very early season results is an exercise in futility.

Red Sox have scored 25 runs in the first 16 innings of baseball played at Fenway this season, against the team widely regarded to have the best starting staff in the American League. Neither Price nor Hellickson looked all that good. They have already matched their number of home wins against the Rays from 2011 with their W today.

And, furthermore, for as great the Mighty Rays looked after their sweep of the Yankees to start the season, they are very lucky not to have lost five straight since then (their win on Wednesday was the first of that kind in MLB since the late 1980s, when Mark Langston lost a no-hitter and game altogether where he had a two run lead).

And the best (and worst) thing is - we get to see this happen in every eight game stretch in baseball all season long.

spacer.png

Uh-oh, during the Sharks pregame, they reported Brian Wilson could be done for the year with elbow damage.

NO THE MLB NEEDS HIS BEARD

Do the Giants have a minor leaguer that could fill in?

If you're asking if someone can be placed on the 25-man roster and pitch in relief, yes. If you're asking if someone can regurgitate internet memes in front of a camera, probably. If you're asking if someone in AAA can pitch as well as Brian Wilson, then no.

I think I actually liked you better before your lobotomy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow this sucks, I am no fan of San Fran, but I like Brian Wilson, he is a colorful personality MLB will miss.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I actually liked you better before your lobotomy.

That is really uncalled for and untrue!!!

Um, it's his opinion. There's no right or wrong to someone's opinion.

Except I NEVER had a lobotomy in my life!

Cool.

Brian Wilson stopped being funny about 14 minutes after he started being funny. He's played out - literally and figuratively. This is good for everybody not from San Francisco.

Archived