2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I think I actually liked you better before your lobotomy.

That is really uncalled for and untrue!!!

Um, it's his opinion. There's no right or wrong to someone's opinion.

Except I NEVER had a lobotomy in my life!

2 for 1 at Lobotomies R Us for you and jobing.com?

Burn it down for the insurance money already, and go Reds.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, are insults generally not allowed on this site, unless directed at me? Are insults directed at me allowed?

What, are insults generally not allowed on this site, unless directed at me? Are insults directed at me allowed?

Just report the post 15 times.

Ellsbury MAY need surgery, they say it's unlikely but still up in the air. That'd be a brutal blow to the lineup.

Ellsbury MAY need surgery, they say it's unlikely but still up in the air. That'd be a brutal blow to the lineup.

But if there's one good thing about this, the Red Sox purchased the contract of Pawtucket outfield Che-Hsuan Lin.

LINsanity is here, fellas....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

But if there's one good thing about this, the Red Sox purchased the contract of Pawtucket outfield Che-Hsuan Lin.

LINsanity is here, fellas....

Well, he has to do really good first...

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Just came to the realization that Devin Mesoraco on the Reds is my neighbor's cousin. I was playing MLB The Show, and I swore he looked familiar. It finally clicked who it was. I've officially played against an MLB player. (assuming back yard wiffle ball counts) :D

Wow this sucks, I am no fan of San Fran, but I like Brian Wilson, he is a colorful personality MLB will miss.

Wow I don't. I think he's a great pitcher and I really hope his injuries aren't too severe. Having said that, I think his act is beyond played out.

newsig.jpg

Gentlemen. The season is 9 days old. We don't know anything yet.

OK we should close the thread, then. Can't talk about anything, seasons's too young!

Just stop. :rolleyes: You know what I meant. It's a little early to start in with the doom and gloom we're seeing over some slow starts.

The same boring chorus of "it's only April!!!" comes every year, in every thread. We know it's early, but if someone sucks we'll still talk about it.

No one is saying not to talk about it. People just need to stop acting like a 2-5 start is the end of the world. On this date last year, the D-Backs were in last place, the Indians and Royals were tied for first, the Rays were in fourth, and the Rockies were 11-2.

But you all go ahead and panic over what's happening two weeks into the season if it makes you feel better.

BB52Big.jpg

Marlins finally got their first homer. The new monstrosity got to work it's magic for the first time in a game and it was...well, just as weird as I think everyone figured.

http://deadspin.com/5902123/the-marlins-finally-hit-a-home-run-in-miami-and-so-we-finally-got-to-see-their-sculpture-in-action?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

"Light that thing up!"

Bert_2.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Marlins finally got their first homer. The new monstrosity got to work it's magic for the first time in a game and it was...well, just as weird as I think everyone figured.

http://deadspin.com/5902123/the-marlins-finally-hit-a-home-run-in-miami-and-so-we-finally-got-to-see-their-sculpture-in-action?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

"Light that thing up!"

:lol: AWESOME!

I saw, I came, I left.

The Rays have surrendered home runs to Cody Ross and Mike Aviles on back to back days.

I don't think either of those two guys are particularly "bad", per se, but they are far from the types who should be ripping Rays pitching a new one.

And on that note, this is the exact opposite of the Patriots Day weekend series that these two played in 2010, when the Rays swept all four at Fenway. At this rate, Boston's going to sweep all four from Tampa.

spacer.png

Can't tell if the Dodgers are this good, the Padres are that god awful or some combination of the two.

Do know the Padres have to be thrilled about only having to play the Dodgers two more times after today until the All-Star break. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a team just flat out own another team like the Dodgers have owned the Padres thus far. The Dodgers have outscored them 40-26 thus far in the seven games they've played against them, including the game currently being played.

Red Sox were 10-2 with a 72-44 run differential against the Yankees after an August series last season, and that was a case of two much more evenly matched teams than LA and San Diego.

I think LA was underrated coming into the season, given the hot finish they had last season (they actually finished 82-79, despite being well below .500 for much of the year) and they have the best player in the NL and possibly baseball right now. Kershaw and Billingsley is a fantastic head of the rotation. They should win more than half their games this season.

That said, Pittsburgh and San Diego are absolutely God awful. They should be 9-1 given that they opened up with those two teams.

spacer.png

"Light that thing up!"

The only way that would've been any better than it was (going from "awesome" to "BAH GAWD, KING, IT'S BEAUTIFUL") is if the Marlins were wearing orange caps as well. If you're gonna be tacky as hell, go all the way!!! :lol:

Also, the Braves have bounced back from their 0-4 start with 5 straight wins. This is why panicking about the results from week one of a baseball season is pretty pointless.

"Light that thing up!"

It makes no sense, it's tacky as hell, and it has nothing to do with baseball. I absolutely love it. It's great.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived