2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine, in his weekly interview for WHDH-TV's Sports Xtra, said that third baseman Kevin Youkilis seemed to be less "into the game" than in the past.

"I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason," Valentine said in the interview. "But [saturday] it seemed, you know, he's seeing the ball well, got those two walks, got his on-base percentage up higher than his batting average, which is always a good thing, and he'll move on from there."

Youkilis, 33, is hitting .200 with a .265 OBP, .233 slugging mark and .498 OPS this year, though he's 6-for-18 with three walks and two doubles in his last five games.

Valentine is a fool for saying this publicly.

This is why Bobby V is the wrong manager for that team. The Red Sox are a bunch of headcases who needed their ego stroked, and Bobby V dont play that.

They're not a bunch of head cases, for the most part. There's a way to do things in this town and there's a way not to do things. Shockingly, Bobby picked the way not to do things.

@paul_casella

If [Lincecum] gives up another run tonight, it'll mark the first time in his career he's given up 5-plus in four straight starts.

Also from twitter, http://twitter.com/#!/LoMoMarlins/status/192084276160892928/photo/1.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I really didn't want to laugh at something so juvenile, but I gotta admit it's pretty funny.

Is anyone else thinking that baseball season is off to kind of a weird start? I can't put my finger on what it is, but something about the first couple weeks of the season just seems a little odd or something. Maybe it's just me.

BB52Big.jpg

Is anyone else thinking that baseball season is off to kind of a weird start? I can't put my finger on what it is, but something about the first couple weeks of the season just seems a little odd or something. Maybe it's just me.

I'm feeling that too. I guess I've been busier this year so I wasn't able to devote as much of my attention to Spring Training and the baseball season really snuck up on me this year. It doesn't feel like we should be watching baseball yet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what hurts baseball a bit is how intense and awesome the Stanley Cup has been. However, I have been to one Mets game already, and plan to go to two games next week.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

At least lincecum won something object just chokes

Damn auto text ovie

what is this im in phone

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

via @acomak on twitter: After Gio Gonzalez's seven scoreless tonight, the #Nats starting pitchers have a 1.69 ERA this season.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Jamie Moyer beat the Padres tonight and pitched 7 shutout inning at 49 he is the oldest pitcher to win a MLB game. Man the Padres are pathetic I guess nobody on that team is capable of Jackin' It in San Diego.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived