Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

"A little birdie gave out a few hints the helmets will be darker, and there will be some feather trim." To me, it sounds like he's still talking about the helmet in that sentence.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this any different than the Bengals putting tiger stripes on their helmets or the Rams putting horns on theirs?

Considering those looks have been around for decades, yes. Yes it is.

If the change is subtle, it might not be a bad thing. If Seattle ends up looking like Oregon, hold on to your butts.

The Rams have a free pass since they invented the helmet logo in the NFL in 1948.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

So they're darkening the blue, converting denim to a steel color, and accenting the uniforms with a feather pattern?

Honestly, that sounds 10x better than what they have now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So they're darkening the blue, converting denim to a steel color, and accenting the uniforms with a feather pattern?

Where is everyone getting this feather idea for the uniforms? All I read was a darker color and some sort of feather trim to the helmet. Am I missing a link to this or are people just coming to their own conclusions because of a college team from a different state?

Where is everyone getting this feather idea for the uniforms? All I read was a darker color and some sort of feather trim to the helmet. Am I missing a link to this or are people just coming to their own conclusions because of a college team from a different state?

I think you're coming to your own conclusion that the trim is solely related to the helmet. The quote is actually really vague.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think you're coming to your own conclusion that the trim is solely related to the helmet. The quote is actually really vague.

Fair enough, but it's one sentence and he never mentions any other part except the helmet.

From that picture, it looks like Arnie is big in every area except that one that the girl is interested in :P

Visual lesson on why you don't take steroids, kids. :P

I think people are too hung up on the old Seattle look (and I think many anticipated a return to it with Nike) to really realize that these changes sound about 50 times better than the mess they wear now

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

So they're darkening the blue, converting denim to a steel

color, and accenting the uniforms with a feather pattern?

Where is everyone getting this feather idea for the uniforms? All I read was a darker color and some sort of

feather trim to the helmet. Am I missing a link to this or are people just coming to their own conclusions because of a college team from a different state?

Fair enough, but it's one sentence and he never mentions any other part except the helmet.

Trim could be related to any part of the uniform. It's trim :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oreattle Seaducks???

If anything, I'd expect something along the lines of the tail in the logo of the Thunderbirds. That is, if there's any truth to that rather than someone trying to blow smoke up our arses.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oreattle Seaducks???

That's my issue. We are Washington. The Ducks are Oregon. Nike has both main schools up here under contract (WSU and the Huskies) and neither one of them have outrageous Oregon style uniforms. Seattle and Eugene are over 280 miles apart. I just get really bothered when people combine the 2 states. Even if this feather trim is somewhere on the uniforms and not on the helmet, I'm sure it will be a brand new unique style all to ourselves and not a carbon copy of a college team.

My assumption is that the trim will be on the uniforms because the helmet's already one of the better ones in the NFL. The wrap-around seahawk looks pretty badass, why take away from it?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Or if the quote is related to just the helmet, could "feathered trim" mean the paint on the helmet is "feathered" or "faded" from the primary dark color to a lighter secondary color along the edge of the helmet shell ?

Now that would be a beauty to see.

Or if the quote is related to just the helmet, could "feathered trim" mean the paint on the helmet is "feathered" or "faded" from the primary dark color to a lighter secondary color along the edge of the helmet shell ?

This was my first thought as well.

The more I've pored over this, the more I've realized how much I really don't care for the current Seahawks set. They always seemed to me like a franchise with such a good premise that never really nailed it's look. I love the new seahawk logo but the colors were so boring. I hope they get dynamic with the midnight navy/steel/electric green.

twitter

I just taking a wait and see approach with this.

I don't why they just don't use their old colors in combination with their modern logo. That was one of the best uniform sets in the NFL. The only reason I don't think it got more respect at the time was because the Seahawks rarely had good teams in those jerseys.

Not that I have the ability to confirm anything, but I'm surprised you guys are responding to this speculation, especially coming from a beat writer. The same beat writers who get bashed for not knowing about a Philly blue alt, are suddenly a source of reliable info...

If I'm any NFL team getting changes, I'm keeping my lips locked to drum up whatever excitement I can for possible uniform changes...

Archived