Jacksonville Jaguars

Lights Out

I think the pants and numbers are the only things I don't like about the set. I think the gradient pants are a bit overkill (maybe keep it to the side insert instead). The helmet and jerseys, however, are really nice. I'd second the notion to use a different number font (their old font or something similar would be perfect), but for the most part, this is really nice work. Great job.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

No gradient on the jersey/pants please. It doesn't work like it does on the helmet.Make the pants stripe bigger too. Add a teal alternate?

Except that you CAN get that effect with textiles. You see it all the time with bed sheets and the like. I think Nike, with all its R&D, could figure out a way to replicate the effect in the pants.

cttdolphins2.png

No gradient on the jersey/pants please. It doesn't work like it does on the helmet.Make the pants stripe bigger too. Add a teal alternate?

Except that you CAN get that effect with textiles. You see it all the time with bed sheets and the like. I think Nike, with all its R&D, could figure out a way to replicate the effect in the pants.

Except WHY would you want to? The Jags RUINED the best use of negative space ever seen in sports design by adding the pearlescense to the helmets. Now the lack of outlines on the Jaguar make no sense at all. Why if balck is now supposed to be their primary colour would they try and force teal into the helmet?

Thought it was a rotten idea at the time of unvieling and two seasons in I still haven't changed my mind, and no one has been able to give an explanation good enough to make me even consider changing my mind. It was a change for changes sake and they couldn't make the obvious "go black" decision cos they had already done that so they came up with flip paint instead.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I prefer the teal-flaked helmet. The plain black helmets looked absolutely hideous on the field - they were bland, and I think the negative-space effect on the logo was really amateurish.

Each to their own I guess, but I wouldn't have called the use of negative space amateurish. If anything sticking a white outline round it would have been the mark of an amatuer and they had the balls not to do that and as a result had something in the NFL which was unique.

The teal flaked helmet doesnt solve your issue with what your percieve to be an amateur solution infact it only compounds the problem by messing up the negative space so really fail to see how it's an improvement, unless you just like shiny things?

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

At least with the teal flakes, you can see part of the black outline. With the plain black helmet, it just looked like a jaguar head cut in half horizontally.

No you cant because the outlines dont exist on the decal, the decal is clear vinyl with the coloured parts of the logo printed on it, so now what you get is the metallic flake appearing where black out lines SHOULD be, hence the reason why I think it was a bad idea and ruined what was a bold and individual design with regards football helmet logos.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I like the uniforms but there is too much gradients in the pants, helmets, and shoulders. I'm fine about gradients on the numbers but this is too much overkill. I would also see a teal or gold alternate to make them look better.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived