2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All they do is cough it up every time they get the puck.

Seeing as how they still have Hainsey, Bogosian, and Oduya playing defense, they're going to turn the puck over. A lot.

But but but we're supposed to shut up about how theyre still the Thrashers....

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

All they do is cough it up every time they get the puck.

Seeing as how they still have Hainsey, Bogosian, and Oduya playing defense, they're going to turn the puck over. A lot.

But but but we're supposed to shut up about how theyre still the Thrashers....

I made this post on Facebook the day the NHL officially approved the sale of the Thrashers:

"Good news, Winnipeg: You're getting the Atlanta Thrashers.

Bad news, Winnipeg: You're getting the Atlanta Thrashers."

I went to the Jets/Yotes game yesterday and it was definitely weird. You look up and you see Hull, Steen, and Hawerchuk's retired numbers. The crowd was probably 30-35% Jets fans, and they were nice and loud. The weirdest thing though is that Phoenix was almost commemorating the fact that it was New Jets vs Old Jets. They had a commemorative puck for the first ever Jets/Yotes game and some other stuff during the game.

The fans were pretty good for the most part. Cheering for their team on each side. It was strange to see some of the Phoenix fans had some anti-Winnipeg signs, considering Winnipeg never really did anything to them (I guess trying to poach the Yotes over the last few years) and Phoenix was the one who took the first Jets. There were some loud, drunk, obnoxious Winnipeg fans near me that got the crowd to turn on them only because of how obnoxious those guys in particular were being. (They weren't much older than me. Maybe 7 or 8 when the first Jets left.)

Probably the weirdest, and really kinda low blow, thing that happened was the Yotes showed highlights of the very first Coyotes game in Phoenix after the move from Winnipeg. Every Winnipeg fan booed as loud and hard as they could, and I couldn't blame them. I guess the Yotes were trying to honor the Winnipeg connection, but I'm sure for the people that could remember the Jets leaving, that wasn't the best thing to show. But hey, it's your arena (kinda). Show what you want.

As I was leaving the arena, I patted a couple Jets fans on the back just saying good luck and that They're still the Thrashers. That's why they're so bad. I mean I was excited to watch the Jets, but actually watching them, I was quickly reminded that they are indeed still the Thrashers. And they still suck.

Side note on that, I saw a couple guys wearing Thrashers jerseys and had like Thrashers season ticket lanyards around their necks and stuff. I mean I guess you still love your team, but what damn masochists they must be, especially with that many Jets fans in the arena.

But just based on the atmosphere for this one game, as long as the Yotes are around, this is going to be a big rivalry for the fans at least.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well, we can all hope there won't be any more of these awkward Jets-Coyotes games.

The Jets really ought to move Byfuglien back to forward. The Hawks quit on the Buff-at-defense experiment at least three times. It won't change the fortunes of the team overnight, but at least it gives them a little more presence up front and stupid-proofs Byfuglien a little bit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, we can all hope there won't be any more of these awkward Jets-Coyotes games.

The Jets really ought to move Byfuglien back to forward. The Hawks quit on the Buff-at-defense experiment at least three times. It won't change the fortunes of the team overnight, but at least it gives them a little more presence up front and stupid-proofs Byfuglien a little bit.

He's practically playing forward half the time anyways. I would probably say he ventured past the dots every other time that Winnipeg gained the zone when he was on the ice. And when he takes the puck across the blueline himself, he's much more apt to continue on down low.

He was extremely productive on defense last year, but he can cause a lot of havoc when he's down low full time. I'd do it if the Jets had a viable defenseman to take his spot back there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I made this post on Facebook the day the NHL officially approved the sale of the Thrashers:

It finally hit me this morning that not only did I spent $200 to watch the Thrashers on Center Ice all season, I've only been able to actually get to my Center Ice games twice so far this year.

I shouldn't be allowed near money, apparently.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Avs win again, this time in OT against the Leafs. That's 5 straight wins all on the road for Colorado.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Fun game to watch. Penguins were obviously exhausted, and it showed. That they even scored a goal should be considered some sort of moral victory. The Winnipeg crowd was awesome, especially at the end. Ondrej Pavelec should steal more than a few games for the Jets this year.

#craigadams

It finally hit me this morning that not only did I spent $200 to watch the Thrashers on Center Ice all season, I've only been able to actually get to my Center Ice games twice so far this year.

I shouldn't be allowed near money, apparently.

I forgot that the NHL has their free preview of Center Ice for the first couple weeks of the season, and watched the latter half of the game tonight. I'll try to watch them every so often via online resources, but I'm too busy to pay $200 to watch hockey nightly.

The Jets crowd chanted "Fluery! Fluery!" tonight. Apparently they don't know his first name either, just like us Atlantans don't.....

Fun game to watch. Penguins were obviously exhausted, and it showed. That they even scored a goal should be considered some sort of moral victory. The Winnipeg crowd was awesome, especially at the end. Ondrej Pavelec should steal more than a few games for the Jets this year.

I got to say, that really was a helluva game. As for being exhausted, they are going to have to get some good time off here soon, tonight will already be game 8 of the season for them and its just 13 days old.

I know I am not allowed to have any opinions in these matters, but even after watching the explanation video I do not think Letang's hit was suspendable. Was it a penalty? Yes, by all means it was, especially with the new rule, but it wasn't worthy of suspension.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived