• Last Reply

Thru Thanksgiving Day 2011:

Regulation Win = 5 pts.

Overtime Win = 4 pts.

Shootout Win = 3 pts.

Shootout Loss = 2 pts.

Overtime Loss = 1 pt.

Regulation Loss = 0 pts.

Ties determined by Regulation Win Percentage, and Regulation+Overtime Win Percentage, and then Regulation+Overtime+Shootout Win Percentage, chronologically

Division Leaders are in bold

Average Pts. Per Game Ranking:

TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS 3.413

1. San Jose 3.211

2. Florida 3.048

3. Detroit 3.00 [RW%-55%]

4. Philadelphia 3.000 [RW%-52%]

5. Minnesota 2.952

6. Boston 2.950

ONE STANDARD DEVIATION 2.946

7. NY Rangers 2.889

8. Phoenix 2.850

9. Dallas 2.810

10. Washington 2.800

11. Chicago 2.727 [RW%-40.9%, RW+OW%-45.5%]

12. Pittsburgh 2.727 [RW%-40.9%, RW+OW%-40.9%]

13. Edmonton 2.714 [RW%-48%]

14. St. Louis 2.714 [RW%-43%, RW+OW%-52%]

15. Buffalo 2.714 [RW%-43%, RW+OW%-48%]

16. Toronto 2.636

17. Vancouver 2.619

18. Los Angeles 2.591

19. Nashville 2.571

AVERAGE - 2.480

20. Montreal 2.318

21. New Jersey 2.300

22. Tampa Bay 2.250

23. Ottawa 2.238

24. Calgary 2.050

25. Winnipeg 2.048

ONE STANDARD DEVIATION 2.014

26. Carolina 2.000

27. Colorado 1.727

28. Anaheim 1.667

29. NY Islanders 1.579

TWO STANDARD DEVIATIONS 1.547

30. Columbus 1.429

THREE STANDARD DEVIATIONS 1.081

Average: 2.480

Standard Deviation: 0.466

The Blue Jackets are horrid.

Hey, look who remembered how to play hockey! (Hint: Not Anaheim.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, if the Blue Jackets win in overtime or better (home vs Sabres) they will pull into 29th place ahead of the Islanders who lost to New Jersey 1-0 today. (based on point format list above).

To root for the outlier or not to root for the outlier? And what does it mean?!

Hey, if the Blue Jackets win in overtime or better (home vs Sabres) they will pull into 29th place ahead of the Islanders who lost to New Jersey 1-0 today. (based on point format list above).

To root for the outlier or not to root for the outlier? And what does it mean?!

One should not mix LSD and math. That's what it means.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have a theory that the guys on the Blue Jackets secretly hate Steve Mason. And I mean that in the sense that he's a doucher in the lockerroom. Like he's that kid on the team who's just annoying to be around and nobody really likes him. Also, they're sick of his :censored:ty play, and subconsciously they don't put forth the best effort when he's in the lineup.

It's no coincidence that ever since Curtis Sanford took over starting the team is 3-0-2. He's played better in the net. The softies aren't getting in, but also the team looks so much more confident when they get to play in front of a stable goaltender. I told you guys they weren't that bad.

They won 5-1 tonight against Buffalo so..... WE'RE NOT THE WORST! WE'RE NOT THE WORST! WE'RE NOT THE WORST!

PvO6ZWJ.png

The softies aren't getting in, but also the team looks so much more confident when they get to play in front of a stable goaltender. I told you guys they weren't that bad.

For whatever it's worth, I don't think the Isles are as bad as they look, either. Worst team on paper is either Carolina or Winnipeg. Jets are going to end up with Yakupov, mark it: resurgent NHL market known for its European stars, sure to finish in the bottom five.

Good win for the Hawks, finally, but my joy is tempered by Corey Crawfuhr giving up five goals. Call up Salak, see what he can do. Or, you know, goddamn play defense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Overtime/shootout wins already count less because they represent a smaller gain in points on your opponent.

But that doesn't matter if it's an OT win over an opponent in the other conference. The Leafs just won in a SO over Dallas and it would've made no difference if they won in regulation because how well Dallas does in the West has no impact on how the Leafs do int he East.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The softies aren't getting in, but also the team looks so much more confident when they get to play in front of a stable goaltender. I told you guys they weren't that bad.

For whatever it's worth, I don't think the Isles are as bad as they look, either. Worst team on paper is either Carolina or Winnipeg. Jets are going to end up with Yakupov, mark it: resurgent NHL market known for its European stars, sure to finish in the bottom five.

Good win for the Hawks, finally, but my joy is tempered by Corey Crawfuhr giving up five goals. Call up Salak, see what he can do. Or, you know, goddamn play defense.

The Ducks should not be anywhere near as bad as they are, but hey look where we are. If the Isles somehow won their two games in hand and Columbus gets another win, the Ducks will be in last place.

I wonder if being in last :censored: ing place in the whole :censored: ing league will finally get somebody's attention up in the suits. <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks will right their ship I guarantee it. They're too good, too be this bad for long. Now on to the Flames. They suck, I'm gonna leave it at that. If Butter would realize the team isn't buying into his Defensive first game, when we have like one or two decent scoring threats, the losses will continue to build up, and this year I really could care less it's been 7 years since a playoff series victory, time to rebuild and fail for Nail, trade Iginla to a decent Cup threat that can part with some top prospects and a first rounder, but that may have to wait until the offseason when teams have more flexibility.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Ducks will right their ship I guarantee it. They're too good, too be this bad for long. Now on to the Flames. They suck, I'm gonna leave it at that. If Butter would realize the team isn't buying into his Defensive first game, when we have like one or two decent scoring threats, the losses will continue to build up, and this year I really could care less it's been 7 years since a playoff series victory, time to rebuild and fail for Nail, trade Iginla to a decent Cup threat that can part with some top prospects and a first rounder, but that may have to wait until the offseason when teams have more flexibility.

On the Ducks, I want to believe you, but I'm not sure. The only time they've looked legitimately good was the first 5 games. They open up with a loss against Buffalo in Helsinki, eh whatever. They looked bad, but it was the first game and Buffalo was supposed to be good. Next night in Stockholm, they look a little better and pull out a shootout win over the Rangers. Pretty good, split in Europe, go home and recharge. They they come out gangbusters and shutout the Sharks, then dominate the Blues, then beat the Sharks again in San Jose. 4-1, best start since the 06-07 Cup season, everything looks rosy, and hell we may be a Cup contender.... Well since then, they've won TWO of 18. TWO of 18. They've looked completely listless. They're just guys in uniforms at this point. I see flashes of what I saw at the beggining of the year, but it's just 5-10 minute flashes. Other than that, I see absolutely nothing. When it's just a complete utter nothing effort, it's two things. Either play great defense, then score no goals and lose, or like today, score goals, play no defense, and lose. It's horrible. And from what I understand, with their contract extensions, neither Murray or Carlyle will be fired anytime soon. And Carlyle wont go while Murray is GM, but I also don't want Murray to be the GM that picks the next coach... Blah.

----

For the Flames, I was actually in St. Louis and went to the Blues/Flames game. First, Love what I saw from St. Louis. For now, looks like Hitchcock doesn't have them mucking out the same old Hitchpuck. Elliot was great for the Blues too... Calgary, well, they aren't that great either. Unlike the Ducks though, I actually saw them playing hard and competing for pucks, but you're right the defense is not great at all. Iginla doesn't really have a place on this team anymore. Unless he just loves the Flames like no other and wants to lead up the next generation in Calgary, it'd be best for the Flames and for him to be traded. They're just kinda stuck in the muck and the constant slosh in the middle/bottom of the West. Never great anymore, but not truly really bad either. I'd trade the assets they have (like Iginla/Kipper/Boumeester. Maybe not all of them, but at least one or two) and just start it all over.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks will right their ship I guarantee it. They're too good, too be this bad for long.

They're not this bad, but this isn't some unforeseen underachievement here. They're not very deep. I had them finishing between 7th and 10th.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a theory that the guys on the Blue Jackets secretly hate Steve Mason. And I mean that in the sense that he's a doucher in the lockerroom. Like he's that kid on the team who's just annoying to be around and nobody really likes him. Also, they're sick of his :censored:ty play, and subconsciously they don't put forth the best effort when he's in the lineup.

It's no coincidence that ever since Curtis Sanford took over starting the team is 3-0-2. He's played better in the net. The softies aren't getting in, but also the team looks so much more confident when they get to play in front of a stable goaltender. I told you guys they weren't that bad.

They won 5-1 tonight against Buffalo so..... WE'RE NOT THE WORST! WE'RE NOT THE WORST! WE'RE NOT THE WORST!

It's a tough life for us Jackets fans. I get success with a couple of the teams I follow, but nothing would be as sweet as CBJ success.

Mase is a douche, we really aren't that bad with both of our top acquisitions in the lineup given settling in time (4 games), and I think we can turn it around. Didn't the caps not win in like 13 games or so leading to the classic? Why not us?

Go Jackets!

Manchester-City-icon.png

Holy :censored: you just described the Leafs from a few years ago.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's a tough life for us Jackets fans. I get success with a couple of the teams I follow, but nothing would be as sweet as CBJ success.

Mase is a douche, we really aren't that bad with both of our top acquisitions in the lineup given settling in time (4 games), and I think we can turn it around. Didn't the caps not win in like 13 games or so leading to the classic? Why not us?

Go Jackets!

The Capitals won 80% of their games before that and were above 500 after that. I think "why not us?" can be answered with, "because we're not as good as the Capitals".

There's 60 games left and 8th place will probably require about 95 points which means the Blue Jackets would have to go 40-20-0 to make the playoffs. It's a long shot, but I'm still holding out hope. I think we're probably more like last year's devils than last year's Capitals.

I never thought they'd finish in last place so tanking the season for Nail Yakupov didn't make sense to me. I"m just going to enjoy watching them try to dig themselves out of their hole. If they can do it, it'll be awesome and a great story, but if not we'll still get to see Ryan Johansen develop, Nash and Carter continue to build chemistry, and hopefully Sanford/Dekanich push Steve Mason out of the picture

But so far, it's looking like the turning point came when they quit playing Mason and traded for Mark Letestu and some guy named Nikita Nikitin. Who knew?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived