2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not necessarily defending the coaches who were fired or even trying to relate it to these firings, but I thought I should while we're on the topic of coaches being fired. Ron Wilson was saying last year (paraphrased) that whenever a team goes on a horrible losing streak, it's always the coach who gets blamed and becomes the scapegoat. But when the team's on a winning streak, everyone congratulates the players for chipping in, doing their part, doing the little things etc... In all honesty, has a team ever gone on an extended losing streak where not one article or fan group pops up calling for his head? Has a team ever gone on a big winning streak where people credited the coach at all, let alone before any of the players?

The Blues are like 10-0 since hiring Ken Hitchcock and I've heard loads of praise directed towards Hitchcock before they get to the players. So yes, coaches often do get credit for winning streaks too.

Well duh. They just hired him and improved. Obviously people will praise him. That's the only logical thing they can do. I'm talking about a team midseason with a coach already established with the team like Ronny with the Leafs.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I didnt think McPhee would do it. Hunters work ethic will get him through. Bruce did a good job here, no disrespect to him at all. Hunter brings a whole new level of respect. The Caps dont have many "all time great" players, but Hunter is that guy. Believe it or not this Caps fan remembers him as a player. Cautiously optimistic that this works.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Actually the Ducks are shuffling their lines too. Bobby Ryan's been moved to the third line and Beleskey is now on the top line with Getzlaf and Perry. I'd say breaking RPG up is a risky move, but they just haven't been all there this season and Anaheim are a very top-heavy team.

Could this be Carlyle's last hurrah?

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Saw Mike Milbury and immediately closed the window.

I agree. Mike Milbury is the biggest moron in hockey. He knows nothing about hockey as was proven by his coaching and GM duties and further proven by his analysis of the game.

Yet they keep on putting him on NBC, Versus, CBC FFS, and NESN :wacko:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Milbury's peak as an analyst came when Jeremy Roenick cried and he was like "d'awww, dry those eyes, kiddo, I never won nothin' neither!" Well, no, you didn't, Mike, but unlike you, Jeremy Roenick didn't suck at his job and kill a whole franchise, you dumb peen.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

According to Kypreos, Bobby Ryan is being shopped. Interesting...

And on the topic of Milbury, I'd love to get in an argument with him. After every point he would say, I'd say "Says the guy who traded ____ for _______". glare.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Mike Millbury is not as bas ad Pierre McGuire or Barry Melrose who is too much into loving himself his hair and his clothes to talk about hockey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Alan May threatened to bring Dale Hunter to Versus Studios last night to kick Milburys ass. It was glorious.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mike Millbury is not as bas ad Pierre McGuire or Barry Melrose who is too much into loving himself his hair and his clothes to talk about hockey.

Pierre is a clown, but I'd still take his annoying ass over someone who has proven to be a goon as a player and a total hack as an executive. We've seen what Milbury's hockey intel has to offer - it's very, very little.

spacer.png

Pierre is a clown, but I'd still take his annoying ass over someone who has proven to be a goon as a player and a total hack as an executive. We've seen what Milbury's hockey intel has to offer - it's very, very little.

Yeah, I give McGuire a pass. Even though he comes off as really goofy at times, he at least knows his hockey pretty well

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived