2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

He's there to stir the pot. Don Cherry for Americans, if you will.

Disagree. Don Cherry actually knows what he's talking about, he just says things that people don't want to hear. I don't find Don Cherry to be controversial at all. Howard Cosell stirred the pot. Mike Milburry is just an idiot!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milbury's peak as an analyst came when Jeremy Roenick cried and he was like "d'awww, dry those eyes, kiddo, I never won nothin' neither!" Well, no, you didn't, Mike, but unlike you, Jeremy Roenick didn't suck at his job and kill a whole franchise, you dumb peen.

mike milbury is like the troll gms that get accepted into FHLs and intentionally destroys a franchise by letting other gm's take all the talent for old guys and over-hyped and overrated prospects. usually ending with the commish removing the gm in the case of my old FHL or said gm quitting in the case of numerous FHLs i've been in.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Surprise, surprise: Toronto is the most valuable team in the NHL.

However, here's the big story:

The value of the Winnipeg Jets increased 21%, the most among the 30 teams. After buying the Atlanta Thrashers in May for $110 million, plus a $60 million relocation fee, True North Sports and Entertainment moved the team to Manitoba where the previous incarnation of the Jets played as part of the NHL from 1979 to 1995 before moving to Phoenix. In Atlanta the team sold only 73% of their tickets last season but have sold out all of their games for the 2011-12 campaign in less than 30 minutes.

They're still only #24 in the league, but it's still impressive. Really happy to see that the players on that team have landed on solid ground. Hopefully it can translate to on-ice success soon.

here’s Forbes 2011 Top-10 (with each team’s 2010 ranking in parentheses.)

No. 1: Toronto (1)

No. 2: New York Rangers (2)

No. 3: Montreal Canadiens (3)

No. 4: Detroit Red Wings (4)

No. 5: Boston Bruins (5)

No. 6: Chicago Blackhawks (7)

No. 7: Vancouver Canucks (8)

No. 8: Philadelphia Flyers (6)

No. 9: Pittsburgh Penguins (9)

No. 10: LA Kings (12)

Surprise, surprise: Toronto is the most valuable team in the NHL.

However, here's the big story:

The value of the Winnipeg Jets increased 21%, the most among the 30 teams. After buying the Atlanta Thrashers in May for $110 million, plus a $60 million relocation fee, True North Sports and Entertainment moved the team to Manitoba where the previous incarnation of the Jets played as part of the NHL from 1979 to 1995 before moving to Phoenix. In Atlanta the team sold only 73% of their tickets last season but have sold out all of their games for the 2011-12 campaign in less than 30 minutes.

They're still only #24 in the league, but it's still impressive. Really happy to see that the players on that team have landed on solid ground. Hopefully it can translate to on-ice success soon.

here?s Forbes 2011 Top-10 (with each team?s 2010 ranking in parentheses.)

No. 1: Toronto (1)

No. 2: New York Rangers (2)

No. 3: Montreal Canadiens (3)

No. 4: Detroit Red Wings (4)

No. 5: Boston Bruins (5)

No. 6: Chicago Blackhawks (7)

No. 7: Vancouver Canucks (8)

No. 8: Philadelphia Flyers (6)

No. 9: Pittsburgh Penguins (9)

No. 10: LA Kings (12)

Glad to see that the Caps are still rocking the red in Operating Income and to think it's a $1.6 million increase from last year! :upside:

Trading Bobby Ryan would be such a backwards move by the Ducks.

Exactly. It's not like the Ducks are in the position of the Flames needing to get younger. The Ducks core is all under 30, and Bobby Ryan will continue to be one of the NHL's best. Firing Carlyle would be a better move. Like I said a few pages back. The Ducks are too good, to be this bad for long. Talk to me if they still suck in March.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Trading Bobby Ryan would be such a backwards move by the Ducks.

I'm sure the Maple Leafs fans over at HFBoards.com think that Bobby Ryan to Toronto for a 7th round pick is more than fair for both sides.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't know what's my favorite part of HFBoards. The wacky trade rumors, the "NHL NEEDS TO GO BACK TO ESPN!!!1 NBC AND VERSUS DROOLZ!"/"WHY ARE THE PENGUINS ON NBC AGAIN THIS WEEK?!? THEY SHOULD SHOW THE SHARKS-DUCKS GAME INSTEAD!!1 EAST COAST BIAS!" threads, or the entertainment section which is the most hipster I've ever seen in any sports board where they all :censored: on anything that more than 20 people heard/watched (with the exception of Radiohead, The Wire, or Arrested Development) :lol:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I don't know what's my favorite part of HFBoards. The wacky trade rumors, the "NHL NEEDS TO GO BACK TO ESPN!!!1 NBC AND VERSUS DROOLZ!"/"WHY ARE THE PENGUINS ON NBC AGAIN THIS WEEK?!? THEY SHOULD SHOW THE SHARKS-DUCKS GAME INSTEAD!!1 EAST COAST BIAS!" threads

the Business of Hockey board run by a crazy cat lady who deletes anything that doesn't say the Sharks are the best sports team ever

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know what's my favorite part of HFBoards. The wacky trade rumors, the "NHL NEEDS TO GO BACK TO ESPN!!!1 NBC AND VERSUS DROOLZ!"/"WHY ARE THE PENGUINS ON NBC AGAIN THIS WEEK?!? THEY SHOULD SHOW THE SHARKS-DUCKS GAME INSTEAD!!1 EAST COAST BIAS!" threads

the Business of Hockey board run by a crazy cat lady who deletes anything that doesn't say the Sharks are the best sports team ever

Oh yes, I totally forgot about that. Or how he locks things for god knows what reason even though they deal with business and hockey. Or the other Business of Hockey mod that wants every team that's not original six or the Flyers/Penguins/Capitals/Sabres to move to Canada

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I was lurking at Business of Hockey today and happened upon an inscrutable block of text supposing that Canadians and Southwesterners are culturally congruent rednecks and for this reason the Coyotes will be an overwhelming success.

Ya?. Well Canada & Canadians' have a lot more in common with California, the South & Southwest then you might think. All 3 regions are practically "separate estates" within the greater fabric of the US and share plenty with Canada & Canadians in living in the shadow of a giant. I think some empathy's in order. We share the same DNA as a result of it. Interchangeable, as in You might be a Canadian, Southerner, Cowboy or Californian if....

you ever got too drunk to fish

every socket in your house breaks a fire code

the gas pedal on your car is shaped like a barefoot

Jack Daniels Distillery sends you both Birthday & Christmas Cards

Your mother-in-law doesnt bother to remove the cigarette from her lips when telling the traffic cop to "kiss my ass"...

ya, you might be a Canadian, Southerner, Cowboy or Californian if....

You think Sherlock Holmes is a housing development

You.....

We should have a Bad HFBoards Post Aggregator in the spirit of the one for mothership comments.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived