2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be so surprised. Even if the Flames were within 4 points of a playoff spot tonight, they're only a shootout win against the worst team in the league from having a winless road trip. Boston is an exceptional team, Calgary is an old team, that's beat up and just looks lost at times. I just want Iggy to score 500, and be done with it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nathan Horton has two goals and one assist and I left him on the bench in fantasy. Awesome. Just :censored:ing awesome.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

All-Star game starters have been announced. Forwards are Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek. Defence are Erik Karlsson and Dion Phabeuf. Goalie is Tim Thomas.

I got to laugh at the sports media making a big deal of this, because Senators fans stuffed the ballot. These are the starters as voted by the fans. You can debate the validity of these players being All-Stars, but the fans voted them in. Who cares?

Even if all six players were All-Star calibre players, the starters were voted for. These six players could end up being on different teams and playing one face off before being pulled. It's an All-Star game, it doesn't matter.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I will apologize for Rene Bourque's chicken wing to the head of Nick Backstrom, and as punishment I fully expect the Bruins to score 10 goals on Leland Irving tonight. \

If Boston gets goal #10, this is POTD.

Well too be fair I said 10 on Irving, he only had 6 on him tonight. :P Though it doesn't really matter, does it.

All-Star game starters have been announced. Forwards are Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek. Defence are Erik Karlsson and Dion Phabeuf. Goalie is Tim Thomas.

I got to laugh at the sports media making a big deal of this, because Senators fans stuffed the ballot. These are the starters as voted by the fans. You can debate the validity of these players being All-Stars, but the fans voted them in. Who cares?

Even if all six players were All-Star calibre players, the starters were voted for. These six players could end up being on different teams and playing one face off before being pulled. It's an All-Star game, it doesn't matter.

And it's "starters" which in hockey, really doesn't mean much at all. An overrated term.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wow, Blackhawks. You get me so excited by scoring two in 25 seconds to tie it and then you :censored: the bed. Damnit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nash: No-trade clause with Jackets not an absolute

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610085

In admitting to the Columbus Dispatch that the 2011-12 season is the most difficult of his career, Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash also answered a hypothetical question about whether he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause, which expires at the end of the 2014-15 season.

Nash told Aaron Portzline of the Dispatch that he would be willing to agree to a trade if it meant the Blue Jackets would be getting pieces back to help them to build a new foundation for future success.

"The city of Columbus deserves a winner and deserves a good product on the ice," Nash said. "If it comes to that -- like you said, all speculation -- but if they don't want me here, they want to move me? I'm not going to do something where it's going to hurt the franchise just because I have that in my contract."

baltimoreravens.png

They just scored six last night.

Jesus.

11th time they've scored at least 6 goals this season. "Six Goal Minimum" or "Six Goal Quota" has become a meme among Bruins fans.

~~~~

Nathan Horton has two goals and one assist and I left him on the bench in fantasy. Awesome. Just :censored:ing awesome.

Me too. I'm sad.

Of course, I only check my fantasy team every few weeks to check out the standings. Horton's been on the bench for the entire season.

spacer.png

And it's "starters" which in hockey, really doesn't mean much at all. An overrated term.

Hey man, on my high school team that meant you got to stand on the blue line for the national anthem while the rest of the team stood on the bench. That also meant you looked cooler and had a better view of the babes in the stands. Starting on my team was a big deal, though I get what youre saying.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hey man, on my high school team that meant you got to stand on the blue line for the national anthem while the rest of the team stood on the bench. That also meant you looked cooler and had a better view of the babes in the stands. Starting on my team was a big deal, though I get what youre saying.

Step above mine. All you got at my high school was your name announced and you sprinted to the blueline. Then, the rest of the team joined you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Flames season saved. They've acquired Blair Jones from Tampa Bay!!

Yeah, he's a pretty solid player. He'll work hard and score a goal sometimes.

Tampa gets Brendan Mikkelson from Calgary in return.

I'm actually surprised that Mikkelson wasn't up here when all the injuries happened, but he was passed over for younger players. 3rd Paring defenseman, he's solid and depth is always good.

As for Jones doesn't look like much more than a 3rd/4th line guy, that can kill penalties. Doesn't hurt when you throw some new blood in the lineup.

Archived