2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

The Canucks players are an absolute joke. That is all.

Agreed. SIX Canucks jumping on Shawn Thornton? Pansies.

How do the Canucks wind up with a 5 on 3? Lapierre and Burrows are such a disgrace to the game of hockey.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Lapierre comes off bench (why? all he does is turtle anyway) and Sedin runs on once things get tough. :lol:

It's just too bad NHL Network viewers get the Canucks crybaby announcers. Only time in the history of the world Edwards is preferred.

I would say that the Canucks should just match the Bruins physicality, but it's obvious they don't have anyone who'd be willing to cleanly answer the bell.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I would say that the Canucks should just match the Bruins physicality, but it's obvious they don't have anyone who'd be willing to cleanly answer the bell.

That's the problem. They try to match it but thy can't, it looks like amateur hour every time these guys try to scrap.

PS I never get tired of the unintentional comedy that is watching Timmy play the puck in the trapezoid.

PPS Wow! What a goal! Take a TV timeout so Schneider can relace his skates

EDIT: cool fight Max, he threw what, one or two punches?

Despite being one of those anti-south hockey Northerners, I would actually be against the Blue Jackets moving.

They've never been good. They made the playoffs once and were swept. They've had pretty much one above-average player in their existence and thus never a chance to establish a decent fanbase. In their first 3 years, they finished top 12 in attendance. So when there's some excitement around them, they can attract fans.

Now I know some people will be like "The same logic applies for Atlanta!". Nope.

- The Thrashers have had more star players (including Heatley, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Savard, and Byfuglien).

- The Thrashers finished higher than the Blue Jackets in attendance only once.

- The Thrashers never finished out of the bottom 9 in attendance, even when they won their division

- Both teams were about even all-time (Atlanta was actually slightly better)

(GP-W-L-T-OTL)

ATL: 902 - 342 - 437 - 45 - 78 (.447 Points %)

CBJ: 859 - 323 - 419 - 33 - 84 (.444 Points %)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Despite being one of those anti-south hockey Northerners, I would actually be against the Blue Jackets moving.

They've never been good. They made the playoffs once and were swept. They've had pretty much one above-average player in their existence and thus never a chance to establish a decent fanbase. In their first 3 years, they finished top 12 in attendance. So when there's some excitement around them, they can attract fans.

Now I know some people will be like "The same logic applies for Atlanta!". Nope.

- The Thrashers have had more star players (including Heatley, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Savard, and Byfuglien).

- The Thrashers never finished out of the bottom 9 in attendance, even when they won their division

(GP-W-L-T-OTL)

Because .447 is SOOOO much higher than .444.

(GP-W-L-T-OTL)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

(GP-W-L-T-OTL)

Why would feelings about the south apply to Ohio?

I think a lot of people just use that as a stand-in for a "resistant to change" mentality.

The Blue Jackets can attract a respectable niche of hockey diehards, but I don't think they can remain solvent without taxpayer bailouts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Blue Jackets can attract a respectable niche of hockey diehards, but I don't think they can remain solvent without taxpayer bailouts.

Which is kind of, sort of what's happening with this huge complicated restructuring of how Nationwide Arena's going to be owned.

/Columbus'll come out for a winner. The issue's going to be getting to that stage.

6fQjS3M.png

Ok, since I'm not a die-hard NHL fan like some around here, who besides obviously Phoenix, is in danger of relocation/contraction? I've mostly heard Columbus and Florida around these parts.

No one has bought the Blues yet, and I think there is legitimate reason for concern on that front. The Thrashers were dead and gone to Winnipeg in February of last year, even though word didn't start surfacing until May, and it wasn't made official until June. If the Blues get sent to Quebec to keep the circus running in Glendale, I may not be responsible for my actions.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

(GP-W-L-T-OTL)

I can't read. :P

Wow, I continue to have terrible luck with forwards in fantasy. First I left Horton on the bench in that 9-0 game and when I started Horton in place of Alexandre Burrows, Burrows goes and gets himself a goal and FOURTEEN penalty minutes. The only good thing to come of starting Horton is that he's +1 to Burrows' -1.

Damnit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

107 penalty minutes between the teams. Jesus.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's just too bad NHL Network viewers get the Canucks crybaby announcers. Only time in the history of the world Edwards is preferred.

I actually enjoy listening to Edwards. He's always into the game, and he has emotion, unlike some announcers. He's not the greatest of all time, but he's entertaining.

Archived