2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

Penalty Overturned....

http://www.nascar.com/news/120320/cknaus-jjohnson-rhendrick-win-final-appeal/index.html

National Stock Car Racing chief appellate officer John Middlebrook rescinded the loss of 25 driver points, 25 owner points and six-race suspensions for crew chief Chad Knaus and car chief Ron Malec. The decision was reached after a final appeal hearing at NASCAR's Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C.

Middlebrook also ruled the $100,000 fine assessed to Knaus would stand, and that Knaus and Malec would be placed on probation until May 9.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So translation being we didn't want to screw over one of our top drivers for cheating. Now that's more like the NASCAR I know.

They had nothing to do with the fine being reduced. It's an INDEPENDENT arbitrator (and for someone like you I will independent means he has nothing to do with NASCAR whatsoever) who ruled that NASCAR was wrong in penalizing the #48 after they okayed the car in the R&D center, it raced 4 times before, and they allowed other cars to fix what was wrong in the same area without being penalized.

Found this on Jayski but also found a link. It looks like Chevy's new car will come from Australia, the Commodore. If you want a chance to drive a Holden in the U.S. here's your chance.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/commodore-returns-chevy-announces-new-racecar-109445/

"The latest information we've gotten suggests Chevrolet will bring the Commodore back to North America as a high-performance Chevrolet sedan,"

Could come with a V8.

baltimoreravens.png

New format to the All-Star Race...

http://www.nascar.com/news/120327/all-star-changes-empasize-segment-wins/index.html

"This year's format will place a higher premium for drivers who win one of the four segments, however, as the winners of the first four segments will move to the front of the field and line up 1-4 prior to the field coming to pit road for the final mandatory pit stop. When the drivers come down pit road, crew chiefs will have to decide on their best pit strategy, as multiple scenarios will unfold. The team that makes the best call, combined with the optimum performance on pit road, is likely to be in the driver's seat for the final 10 laps of competition."

baltimoreravens.png

Jeff Gordon has all but lapped 17 cars and it's only lap 211. His car is leaps and bounds better than everyone else.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Dale Jr. looks pretty damn good as well. I'm cool with either one winning.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we can possibly throw out Gibbs switching manufacturers via Jayski...

Joe Gibbs Racing plans to sign a long-term extension with Toyota within the next month, ending any speculation it could move to Dodge. "We're working on that," JGR president J.D. Gibbs told ESPN.com on Sunday after Denny Hamlin's victory at Kansas Speedway. "We'll be with Toyota for a long time to come." Dodge has been looking for a team to anchor its 2013 program since Penske Racing announced earlier this year it would leave the manufacturer for Ford next season. JGR, since its contract with Toyota is up after this season and because the organization has the infrastructure to build its own engines, became a natural target. Gibbs said that is not a consideration

Speaking of Toyota...

On May 22 at TRD (Toyota Racing Development) U.S.A. in Salisbury, N.C., reporters will get their first look at the new Camry to be raced by Toyota teams in 2013.

Rumors going around Petty may go back to Dodge as well.

baltimoreravens.png

I'll give the changes at Bristol a chance, but it completely disappoints me that Bruton Smith is so stupid to think the attendance at the track is because of the great racing on the track and not the economy where people don't have the money to travel to to the track and spend a weekend of recreation at the track. Hmmm... I guess Bruton's so full of himself and how he's been called a "great" promotor, that he thinks he knows everything and yet is so stupid he can't see the real problem. Oh well, I guess we'll have to deal with the idiots who would rather watch boring F1 follow the leader followed by the end of the race wreck that Bristol use to be. All I heard today at the announcement were two of the dumbest loudmouths in the sport, Bruton Smith and Darrell Waltrip.

As Kyle Busch won a pretty interesting Richmond race because of all of the track changes and the dominance of Edwards, Stewart, and Busch during separate parts of the race, it is time for everyones favorite event. Dreams come true at the Aaron's 499, and my dream just came true because it is TALLADEGA WEEKEND!!! The pack is back causing intense action throughout all 499 miles and the Nationwide race is always exciting at Talladega. Who is excited for some Talladega racing boys???? DW reference without the boogity boogity boogity.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived