2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No more having to hear "IS THIS THE WEEK JUNIOR WINS A RACE?!?!" by the media! But in all seriousness, he was due for one and he's been running great all season so it's good for him to get it out of the way

Wait til Next sunday when we hear, "It's been 7 days since JR won a race, Will he stop the streak today?"

Media isn't that crazed over Dale anymore.

Oh no, it's going to get worse. Now they will hype him for the Championship. Nothing else in racing matters. It's all Junior, all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Dale Jr. is overrated and will never even sniff a Sprint Cup. He should make the cut again, but by Movember he will be way back in the pack.

Jr. is having is best season since 2003 where he finished 3rd in the points. He's been running solid week in and week out. Yeah, I get why you would say overrated. But if you don't think he's a contender, you're blind.

Matt Kenseth, current points leader, is leaving RFR at season's end; Possible move to JGR imminent; however, I hope he lands with Stewart-Haas.

All along thought it was going to be Carl, wonder if it's just a switch of rides. Kenseth to the 20, Logano to the 17. Of course the numbers could change.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Time to get prepared for the madness of Kentucky Speedway.

Part 1- Last year:

Once the Speedway put individual race tickets on sale, Carol snapped one up. She signed up with a charter bus company for a ride to the race. She bought new clothes to wear. Auck even boarded her two dogs so she'd be free to go. "Then I got up there," she says, "and they took it away from me." By the time the charter bus Auck was on waded through hours of traffic delays and reached the Kentucky Speedway gates, the race was almost over. The bus was turned away. "They said the parking lots were full," Auck said. "There were a lot of angry people (on the bus). I just sat there the whole way home with my arms across my chest. I was pissed."

Part 2-This year's plan:

?I?ve seen the document the Kentucky State Police has prepared as the traffic management plan,? Kentucky Speedway general manager Mark Simendinger said Thursday. ?It looks like Bill Belichick?s playbook. It?s extensive.

According to Speed, the front runner is none other than Joe Gibbs Racing, speed even said they think that an announcement would be done soon. Although, Kenseth has been brand loyal for a long time with Ford so the other rumor is Penske, however, if Andretti were to ever get in the game, this would be the driver I would go after, Kenseth is talented, but has the personality of an oak tree. Although, saying something like this usually while your in the points lead, isn't exactly a good idea either, just saying.

Welcome to the unofficial start to the silly season.

baltimoreravens.png

Absolutely shocked by the Kenseth news, especially how he's fit in well and has had a great relationship with Roush through the years. Unlike the Kurt Busch situation last year, however, he's at least got plenty of time to fit into a new ride. I could definitely see Andretti Petty (EDIT: way to confuse me, guys :P ) and Penske making plays for him, and if Stewart-Haas would ever need to justify going to a 3rd full time car this would be it. I see why JGR would be an option, but there's two issues: the fact they might want some more time for Logano to develop before kicking him out (say 2 years.. the guy's my age so the upside's still there) and their Nationwide Series program having some young guys who might be the next ones to make the move up should Logano be booted from the 20. Other than that he could fit in well with JGR.. even if he's not too much of a personality he would bring an established face to it and help take some of the pressure off Kyle and Denny as having the role of a veteran team leader at an early age

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived