2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Season

sportsfan0518

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can agree with that, I was disappointed with RIR, I mean it is the action track, I mean you can one race when it could be boring but 3 straight? Here's hoping Dega & Darlington can fix this.

BTW, let the silly season begin, Mike Ford is now the crew chief for the #43

baltimoreravens.png

Welp, I've now officially seen the greatest thing in NASCAR history

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/5/4/2998764/nascar-talladega-nights-car-ricky-bobby-kurt-busch

Oh. My. God.

I know who I'll be cheering for this weekend.

I was thinking the same thing, I so wanna see him win just for the paint scheme alone.

Ideally he'd win the race driving backwards, but I'm looking for him to win the race as well even though I'm not much a fan of the guy.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hopefully Dega can re-inject some life into Nascar, been kinda meh the last few weeks.

It has been, I hate to say it but they need more yellows to make the races more interesting. Way too many long and boring green flag runs.

Mike Ford is now the crew chief for the #43

But his driver is still Aric Almirola. Mike Ford could have an impact, but his driver is still below-average or barley average on a good day.

Welp, I've now officially seen the greatest thing in NASCAR historyhttp://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/5/4/2998764/nascar-talladega-nights-car-ricky-bobby-kurt-busch

I'm speechless, there are legit no words to describe how awesome that car is.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Hopefully Dega can re-inject some life into Nascar, been kinda meh the last few weeks.

It has been, I hate to say it but they need more yellows to make the races more interesting. Way too many long and boring green flag runs.

Mike Ford is now the crew chief for the #43

But his driver is still Aric Almirola. Mike Ford could have an impact, but his driver is still below-average or barley average on a good day.

Welp, I've now officially seen the greatest thing in NASCAR historyhttp://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/5/4/2998764/nascar-talladega-nights-car-ricky-bobby-kurt-busch

I'm speechless, there are legit no words to describe how awesome that car is.

Depends on the track imo, but honestly only two tracks can go caution free and still have great action. Daytona and Talladega. Sad to say it, attention spans just aren't what they used to be.

But, the long green flags run do nothing even for a big NASCAR like me. We need action!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Looks like we may have rumors going around on where Kurt Busch might go next year according to Jayski...

"Furniture Row Racing has met with Kurt Busch, but not in an effort to replace driver Regan Smith. "I met with Kurt about starting a second team for next year," said Joe Garone, FRR's general manager. Since FRR made its debut in 2005, it became clear to team owner Barney Visser that the Denver-based organization would eventually have to expand to two teams to compete with the NASCAR powerhouses."

Looks like Dodge wants to get involved with them as well

"However, Furniture Row has been mentioned as one of the top candidates for the Dodge Motorsports program. The sticking point in finalizing the deal appears to be which company will build the Dodge engines. Roger Penske currently builds Dodge engines for his teams. However, with Penske Racing moving to Fords for 2013, it's unclear what the future of Dodge's engine program will be. What is missing from the Dodge equation, however, is a marquee driver. Certainly, Busch would fill that void."

baltimoreravens.png

So looks like Eric McClure is alright. Had quite the wreck today in the Nationwide race. Head on into the inside wall on the backstretch. Thank goodness for the safer barrier and the new cars, or that could have been a terrible hit.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So looks like Eric McClure is alright. Had quite the wreck today in the Nationwide race. Head on into the inside wall on the backstretch. Thank goodness for the safer barrier and the new cars, or that could have been a terrible hit.

If that car hit about 100 yards closer to turn 3, Eric could have been seriously injured. But right before the Aaron's 499 starts, I just wanna say I have a weird feeling about David Gilliland today. Yesterday I watched the finish to the 2011 Daytona 500 and saw him push Edwards to a near win. I don't know, but him and David Ragan who has not been to impressive in 2012, could be a factor. Like I said, this is Talladega and I could be talking crazy talk!

Looks like we may have rumors going around on where Kurt Busch might go next year according to Jayski...

"Furniture Row Racing has met with Kurt Busch, but not in an effort to replace driver Regan Smith. "I met with Kurt about starting a second team for next year," said Joe Garone, FRR's general manager. Since FRR made its debut in 2005, it became clear to team owner Barney Visser that the Denver-based organization would eventually have to expand to two teams to compete with the NASCAR powerhouses."

"However, Furniture Row has been mentioned as one of the top candidates for the Dodge Motorsports program. The sticking point in finalizing the deal appears to be which company will build the Dodge engines. Roger Penske currently builds Dodge engines for his teams. However, with Penske Racing moving to Fords for 2013, it's unclear what the future of Dodge's engine program will be. What is missing from the Dodge equation, however, is a marquee driver. Certainly, Busch would fill that void."

Nope. He's looking at top teams, not second level teams. RCR and Joe Gibbs is what I heard today. I just don't know if Joe Gibbs could handle three hot-heads in the Busch Brothers and Hamlin. Then again, I'm not sure why RCR would want to add another hot-head to Harvick. Unless Childress goes all Kyle on Kurt before he runs the first race, I just can't see Kurt in either of those rides. Most likely destination would be Ganassi as Juan-Pablo looks for a ride.

Nope. He's looking at top teams, not second level teams. RCR and Joe Gibbs is what I heard today. I just don't know if Joe Gibbs could handle three hot-heads in the Busch Brothers and Hamlin. Then again, I'm not sure why RCR would want to add another hot-head to Harvick. Unless Childress goes all Kyle on Kurt before he runs the first race, I just can't see Kurt in either of those rides. Most likely destination would be Ganassi as Juan-Pablo looks for a ride.

Hmm, I guess JPM wasn't long term, it would be interesting to see that happen, JPM has been a bust since coming to NASCAR, sure he's won a few road course races but other than that what else? I would find it funny that Kurt would drive for Mr. Spencer's old sponsor. I couldn't see Kurt with JGR or RCR. Gibbs has enough of a headache with Kyle, why add another? The only way I could see Kurt with Gibbs is it they're that desperate enough to keep Home Depot as a primary sponsor.

Like I said though, no way in this lifetime, will a Busch drive for RCR.

baltimoreravens.png

I could see him doing something like Stewart and going halfsies on a team with Phoenix, as long as he can get a sponsor and maybe a teammate. Maybe a Vickers or Stadler.

*Sadler. Like Tony Stewart, I was in a way disappointed with 'dega. Sure it was great to see the pack again at Talladega, but the finish was not too exciting and I hate saying it, but they really need more crashes to make it entertaining. Sure a race could survive with no crashes (Talladega 500 2001) but I found myself once again kind of bored watching the race, just like a lotta other times this season! I feel like I am the only one who feels this way, does anyone else agree with me in a way?

Hmmm, interesting....

http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/blog/eye-on-nascar/19001382/new-number-for-matt-kenseth

Roush Fenway Racing will make an announcement regarding Matt Kenseth and his familiar No. 17 Sprint Cup Series ride.

According to the team a change will come as part of a new, soon-to-be-announced sponsorship agreement.

RFR will make an announcement at the NASCAR Hall of Fame next Monday regarding a new number for Kenseth's Sprint Cup Ford Fusion, as well as a new multi-year partner. Kenseth and team owner Jack Roush will be on hand to make the announcement, along with representatives of the new sponsor.

Either this has to deal with the All Star race, or maybe Carl is getting the Best Buy sponsorship or BB is dropping out altogether.

baltimoreravens.png

I'm curious to as why they'd be dropping the 17?

Because Best Buy has not had a good year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived