Minor League Baseball

raysfan24

I recently read this article on the Binghamton Mets moving to Ottawa.

Article

I also follow a website about this stuff

Website

Some of the rumors include:

Binghamton moves to Ottawa

Hagerstown Suns move to Winchester, VA

Lynchburgh Hillcats move to Wilmington, NC

New Hampshire Fisher Cats move to AAA

There are a lot of these rumors. I have even heard a rumor about a AA team in Montreal for 2013!

They already announced there will be an Eastern League team playing in Ottawa for 2013 but HAVE NOT announced what team it will be, but it is rumored to be the Binghamton Mets.

mcbqza.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I think the Blue Jays would love to get their triple-A team out of Las Vegas if they could. Between the long travel for call-ups and send-downs, and the insane park factors making it impossible to judge talent, it's just a bad fit for the team... if they're anyone's affiliate, it should be a western team, though the park factor will still be there. But it's hardly the only PCL team with that issue...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Why is this in general design?

This is sports in general, not general design.

It was in the general design subforum when it was originally posted.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Article

Website

There are a lot of these rumors. I have even heard a rumor about a AA team in Montreal for 2013!

They already announced there will be an Eastern League team playing in Ottawa for 2013 but HAVE NOT announced what team it will be, but it is rumored to be the Binghamton Mets.

Everything except the AAA change for the Fisher Cats seems to make sense. But I just don't see who would move to NH right now as a AAA team unless it were Vegas, which of course makes no sense.

Article

Website

Everything except the AAA change for the Fisher Cats seems to make sense. But I just don't see who would move to NH right now as a AAA team unless it were Vegas, which of course makes no sense.

There was also the rumor of the Mets AA affiliate moving to Long Island before the Atlantic League bought the rights but yeah, with the exception of NH moving up, I just don't see that happening unless a team from AAA moves down (which I can hope for Richmond with a Washington Affiliate, I can dream).

Oh & don't forget the Carolina Mudcats moving to Pensacola, FL in the Southern League & Kinston,NC moving to Zebulon, NC in the Carolina League.

baltimoreravens.png

The only thing I could see New Hampshire getting a AAA would be obviously if A. an International League team steps down, but all of them are pretty well established so I don't know how that's going to work out.

Scenario two would be Vegas or another team in the PCL dropping their AAA team altogether and Nashville or another PCL team moving over to the International League. I think that or something similar is actually more likely to happen. It just makes sense for their to be 16 teams in the International League and 14 in the Pacific Coast League the way Major League Baseball is geographically aligned with their franchises and eventually I think that's what's going to happen.

There was also the rumor of the Mets AA affiliate moving to Long Island before the Atlantic League bought the rights

what rights? The Atlantic League is an in affiliated independent outfit. They have no veto power over Organized Baseball, unless you mean they bought an exclusive lease on the only available ballpark.

There was also the rumor of the Mets AA affiliate moving to Long Island before the Atlantic League bought the rights

what rights? The Atlantic League is an in affiliated independent outfit. They have no veto power over Organized Baseball, unless you mean they bought an exclusive lease on the only available ballpark.

Ah, that's what I meant. Thanks Gothamite.

baltimoreravens.png

Not so much the Ducks, kind of a close rival so to speak, but I doubt it will happen, in order for it to happen, the voters had to agree to it & we all know where that went to.

It's official: the independent Atlantic League has landed the rights to manage and place a team at a new Long Island ballpark as part of a Nassau County Coliseum development, a project expected to cost $50 million if approved by voters in August,

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201107113986/at-the-ballpark/future-ballparks/atlantic-league-lands-long-island-ballpark

baltimoreravens.png

I'd be more surprised if the Yankees allowed any move west of the Hamptons to happen. I'm sure the Mets would love to move their AAA team to Long Island, but the Yankees would throw a :censored: fit if they ever seriously tried.

The only way I think it would work out is if the Mets allowed the Yankees to move their AAA team into the area as well, which I think may eventually wind up happening. This whole tit for tat thing both teams have going on I feel is really dumb. Just make the Cyclones the Mets AAA team and have the Yankees move into Newark or build their own ballpark and be done with it. (Not sure if you could expand the ballpark in Staten Island up to AAA standards, but certainly would be an option if you could.)

Instead the Yankees are probably going to stay with their team in Scranton and the Mets are going to continue to wander the Minor League landscape once their deal with Buffalo is up because no minor league city wants to take a Mets minor league team as long as the team is run by the Wilpons. The Mets could very well have the worst combined affiliate record at the minor league level of any major league team this year.

Archived