The Winter Elite Showcase

creativelysain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify, what is going on in this next stage? Are we submitting what we feel is our best, and then you guys are cutting down the field, or is this just kind of an early stages concept pitch? I'm about to submit something, but I'm not really happy with it yet, and I think i need to explore the direction I'm going in further before I think it's work I'd be happy in submitting.

• 3 weeks later...

Well seeing that this hasn't gone anywhere in a while, I'll take the reins and make an executive judges decision. We appreciated all the submissions for the first round, but we weren't totally happy with what we saw. So we're going to give every entrant another opportunity to come up with a design before moving to the second round. With that said, here's a general idea of what we'd like to see from Round 2:

? We were really looking for concepts based on the phantoms idea, meaning more about ghosts and ghouls rather than pirates. We'd like to see concepts in this general direction.

? We would like to see full primary logos from everyone - meaning we'd like to have type incorporated into a full logo, rather than a helmet mark as we saw from some entrants.

That's pretty much what we've got for you guys, so take that for what it is and run with it. Thanks gents!

OD_Signature.jpg

Well seeing that this hasn't gone anywhere in a while, I'll take the reins and make an executive judges decision. We appreciated all the submissions for the first round, but we weren't totally happy with what we saw. So we're going to give every entrant another opportunity to come up with a design before moving to the second round. With that said, here's a general idea of what we'd like to see from Round 2:

? We were really looking for concepts based on the phantoms idea, meaning more about ghosts and ghouls rather than pirates. We'd like to see concepts in this general direction.

? We would like to see full primary logos from everyone - meaning we'd like to have type incorporated into a full logo, rather than a helmet mark as we saw from some entrants.

That's pretty much what we've got for you guys, so take that for what it is and run with it. Thanks gents!

Wait, so our next submission should include the type, or is that the following step after we re-submit a different design?

MegatronSig2.jpg

DP, this next submission should include type. Let's make the deadline for this next round Saturday, April 21 by 12pm Eastern time. Thanks guys!

So...

The logo should now include type.

You now want a "ghost-ghoul" concept,

due April 21st...

I'm done.

Work's really busy, now that the good weather's here.

Thanks.

Archived