2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Thread

RyanMcD29

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think JJs new scheme is sharp (Shelby stripes kinda) but overall a downgrade. Miss the neon yellow Hendrick door numbers; too much blue/white.

Still really like the Kobalt Tools version.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I like Harvick's revised Bud scheme this year. It has a bit more red along the logo on the back fender and the hood emblem compared to last year.

771-nLSAB.Em.158.jpg

Also, I'm not fond of the new scheme for the 48 car. It looks too bland. However, I'm awaiting the few races when Jeff Gordon will race the DuPont car.

isnt Harvick driving the red/white version mostly this year?

now this is a damn beautiful ride. the problem with nascar livery is most of it is. . . well theres no word except terrible. nascar needs a dose of minimalism. (joey lagano's ride is my 2nd favorite. all orange. well designed) they should have kept the yellow numbers though, everyone recognizes the yellow numbers, like the silver version

Jimmy-Johnson-Lowes-48.jpg

636a01d85fca11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

C48282XKBJJ.jpg

JJF__91313_zoom.gif

JJAM0819.JPG

not sure what to make of Gordon's stuff. i think i like it. would rather see blue here than black though. and look, yellow numbers!

4021.jpg

37600010150495448131054.jpg

this is one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen. seriously, who thought those MTDEW mountain graphics were a good idea?

catch_a_look_at_dale_earnhardt_jrs_new_paint_scheme.jpg

did Hamlin have this last year too? i hate it, but whatevs

2012-nscs-11-car.jpg?w=572

if it aint broke dont fix it. the Wood Brothers scheme is my favorite. this is how it should be done. follow the lines of the car and compliment the shapes and curves. make the numbers unique and contrast to the rest of the colors. perfection

Trevor_Bayne_beach_2012.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the cool thing about Johnson's car is the consistency from scheme to scheme, though I do agree the yellow numbers have become iconic and they should've stuck around.

Also Harvick's going to run the black Bud car mainly (in addition to the Jimmy John's and Rheem cars again). I think the red car's showing up every so often.. maybe night races? Not sure what the rhyme and reason will be behind that.

As a good resource, here's Jayski's paint scheme pages. Just a heads up, though, you can't hotlink anything found there so it's a see, but don't touch type of deal http://www.jayski.com/schemes/paintschemes.htm

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

i wont link directly, but Brad Kawasaki-yama-yomama'a car is a good example of what drives me nuts in nascar livery. http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2012/2cup.htm those graphics are terrible to beign with. they crowd everything, just getting in the way of the quarterpanel name and door number, and is it supposed to be flowing from glass to bottle?

also, that is the best website design ive seen since 1996 /sarcasm

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Kenseth's car (best buy) is another that makes me wonder who the hell designs this stuff. why is the door graphic going forward but the number leaning back? on the right side they didnt mirror the number so its actually going the right way, forward. the quarter panel yellow section goes up rather than following the line of the panel, like the rest of the graphic is doing. terrible tangent at the tag on the hood and headlight graphic. i swear nascar makes me rage

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Kenseth's car (best buy) is another that makes me wonder who the hell designs this stuff. why is the door graphic going forward but the number leaning back? on the right side they didnt mirror the number so its actually going the right way, forward. the quarter panel yellow section goes up rather than following the line of the panel, like the rest of the graphic is doing. terrible tangent at the tag on the hood and headlight graphic. i swear nascar makes me rage

TRUTH! I hate the lack of attention to detail. Numbers that are skewed different on each side drives me nuts. Penske, Roush, and Stewart-Haas are the guilty parties, and the #5 Hendrick car.

iq5b7nF.png

I'm with the others that Johnson's ride would be perfect if they kept the yellow numbers.

I'm with BrandMoore on the Wood Brothers 21. Classy.

Really digging Smoke's Office Depot scheme. Has kind of a hot rod feel to it.

Love the stripes on Newman's Army car.

I actually kinda like the graphics on Jr's Diet Dew car.

Number 36...didn't know Ollie Williams was running a bargain outlet too! Would love to see those commercials happy.gif

Archived