Future for the Columbus Blue Jackets

KyleMakesConcepts

It is the day of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, and the Columbus Blue Jackets have the first overall pick. Instead of the Blue Jacket's GM going up to announce that they will draft Nail Yakupov with the first overall pick, Gary Bettman comes back up on stage. He announces that the Columbus Blue Jackets have traded their first round draft pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, their third round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry draft, and Rick Nash to the Toronto Maple Leafs, in exchange for Luke Schenn, Jake Gardiner, and Nazem Kadri. This instantly gives the Jackets one of the best defenses in the NHL, with Johnson, Schenn, and Gardiner, a young, promising prospect in Kadri, and it gives the Leafs something they really need; which is scoring. The day after the NHL Entry Draft ends, the Jackets announce they will be getting new uniforms for the 2012-13 season.

ColumbusBlueJackets.jpg

So, what do you guys think about the fantasy story and the concept? Write what you think about the concept, and your own fantasy CBJ Draft Day stories in the comments below. Thanks!

Sorry about the concept guys, still trying to get it on here. Heres the link until I can figure out how to get it up.

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

The jerseys are alright but the pants look too Rangers.

And that trade would instantly go down as the worst trade in the history of hockey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The IMG code is right there on your photobucket man looks like this:

[img=http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/kylemakesconcepts/ColumbusBlueJackets.jpg]

ColumbusBlueJackets.jpg

Thanks, I tried posting that but the picture would not show up.

I think it's another example of Maple Leafs fans overvaluing their players, especially their prospects. If you were Columbus, would you honestly do that deal?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm not even sure that those three players get Rick Nash, let alone a first overall pick. The two best pieces of the deal are both heading towards the Leafs in the deal.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

What's up with the trade? Why would Columbus trade the 1st overall pick AND Nash? They are trying to rebuild and you have a major head start with a 1st overall pick. They need to replace Nash, not just get rid of him, and Toronto doesn't have anyone or any combo of players that can do that. Also, why throw in a 3rd rounder in 2014. How can anyone even project the value of that pick right now. I'm a die-hard Leafs fan (I got their logo tattooed on my arm), but I would bet massive amounts of money, that I don't have, that Nash isn't ending up in Toronto.

Concept; I would make the shoulder patches smaller. I'd also reverse the red and blue on the pants. As mentioned above, right now they look too much like the Rangers pants. Decent concept, but I would have to say that it's not better than what they have now. IMO there is no need for change with the Jackets' home and roads.

I'm not even a Leafs fan, guys. Ive heard that Columbus does not really like drafting Russian players, and Kadri coming back the other way would be a good deal. Besides, this is just what I would like to happen, all of you can write what you want to happen in the comments.

I'm not even a Leafs fan, guys. Ive heard that Columbus does not really like drafting Russian players, and Kadri coming back the other way would be a good deal. Besides, this is just what I would like to happen, all of you can write what you want to happen in the comments.

That philosophy has certainly worked out well for the team :rolleyes:

This trade reminds me of a blockbuster trade of a different sport:

1989: Dallas Cowboys send RB Herschel Walker to the Minnesota Vikings for 5 veteran players and 8 draft picks.

Result: Cowboys go on to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Herschel lasts only 2 and a half seasons with the Vikings, who hadn't won a playoff game since 1988 at the time, (they would finally win one in '97, the same year Walker retired with the Cowboys. You know what happened to them the year after that.)

That philosophy has certainly worked out well for the team :rolleyes:

No, more like Nikita Filatov (among other notable examples) was a diva who didn't feel like working at all for anything and pissed away tons of potential before ending up going back to Russia. The Jackets just haven't had great success with any draft picks...

Except the other guy they took #1 overall. No way in hell even Scott Howson would do the deal you've proposed. The Jackets aren't going to trade the first pick if they don't lose the lottery. Period.

Anyways though, that jersey is pretty damn nice. I like it.

6fQjS3M.png

This was the design I did not long ago:

Columbusrebrandcannon-state-wordmark.jpg

Can you please shoot me an email at spyboy1@gmail.com? I tried to send you a private message but I got a notice that said you cannot use the messaging system.

Thanks,

jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It is the day of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, and the Columbus Blue Jackets have the first overall pick. Instead of the Blue Jacket's GM going up to announce that they will draft Nail Yakupov with the first overall pick, Gary Bettman comes back up on stage. He announces that the Columbus Blue Jackets have traded their first round draft pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, their third round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry draft, and Rick Nash to the Toronto Maple Leafs, in exchange for Luke Schenn, Jake Gardiner, and Nazem Kadri. This instantly gives the Jackets one of the best defenses in the NHL, with Johnson, Schenn, and Gardiner, a young, promising prospect in Kadri, and it gives the Leafs something they really need; which is scoring. The day after the NHL Entry Draft ends, the Jackets announce they will be getting new uniforms for the 2012-13 season.

ColumbusBlueJackets.jpg

So, what do you guys think about the fantasy story and the concept? Write what you think about the concept, and your own fantasy CBJ Draft Day stories in the comments below. Thanks!

Sorry about the concept guys, still trying to get it on here. Heres the link until I can figure out how to get it up.

fixed it.the jersey is a good start.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

ColumbusBlueJackets.jpg

Last I checked the Leafs outscored the 1st place Rangers and had 2 players in the top 5 for 75% of the season. We don't need scoring we need defence, it's not quantity it's quality, something lost on Burke atm.

untitled-6.jpg

Ok guys, please forget about the trade. I realize it was stupid and will never happen, so let's just move on from it. I started a new thread with this concept, but it is not getting many replies. So, I'm posting it on this thread. After looking at the previous concept, I realized that the jersey was more like the original Blue Jackets jersey, and there was not really any elements from the current jersey in it. In this new concept, I feel I blended the 2 jerseys together well. I would love C&C, thanks for viewing this thread!

PresentationforCBJ.png

ok....here are my edits for you - 2 different versions that are a bit more realistic with the way reebok makes their jerseys.

cb2.png

cb1.png

now on to my critiques....

i really dont think that this concept is the greatest one ever. just seems too "cookie cutter"-esque and bland. personally, as a jackets fan, i would not want to see this jersey on the ice. yes, i would love to see some new duds (personally i wanna see my latest cbj concept from my own thread used) that are classic, but not overly simple. something that pays homage to the state/civil war like the third uni. i dont wanna sound harsh, but your concept is just too easy and simple. really, a lot of teams can pull off this look (with their colors ofcourse).

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Archived