The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only way tonight could get worse for the Devils' special teams would be for them to give up a shortie.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Los Angeles also improved in the off-season, at least in a theoretical sense.

Mike Richards is very good. They signed Simon Gagne, who unfortunately lived up to his resume with his season-long injury.

And then they added Jeff Carter, and this allowed Voynov to get more playing time, and he's been fantastic replacing Jack Johnson.

I was honestly baffled most of the season why the Kings couldn't put the puck in the net. Why Jonathan Quick had 6 or 7 losses of the 1-0 variety. LA won 46 games each of the past two seasons. They should've been good for another 46 or so this season as well. It's very rare to see a team that doesn't mesh until magically the calendar flips to mid-April.

spacer.png

Terry Murray failed to motivate a team, that really had I guess in a way character issues.

All you needed was a farm boy from Viking, Alberta to change everything. That roster was always there. Get used to it NHL. The Kings aren't going anywhere for quite sometime.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If I was a Devils fan, I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't be mad. This Kings team has just been too good since the playoffs started. They've basically been what the Spurs have been over in the NBA, except they didn't have an OKC-sized stumbling block.

I'm not really a huge expert on the history of this thing, but if the Kings complete the sweep, where would they rank on the list of great playoff runs?

If I was a Devils fan, I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't be mad. This Kings team has just been too good since the playoffs started. They've basically been what the Spurs have been over in the NBA, except they didn't have an OKC-sized stumbling block.

I'm not really a huge expert on the history of this thing, but if the Kings complete the sweep, where would they rank on the list of great playoff runs?

To me it's the greatest playoff run in NHL history. The Kings made the playoffs on the last week of the season as the eight seed. They then proceeded to absolutely dismantle the top three seeds in the west, and (so far) the team who took out the east's number one seed, while

not even dropping a game on the road.

The 1988 Oilers were one of the most stacked teams in history. I wouldn't really consider that to be LA's case. And Edmonton also had home-ice advantage in a couple series.

Manchester-City-icon.png

New Jersey's power play has been horrendous. Marty has been awful. Quick has been ridiculous.

The Kings (The mother :censored: ing Los Angeles :censored: ing Kings) are one win away from the Stanley Cup.

I know why it's all happening. I see the actual Xs and Os. But I still just don't understand how a team can play like the Kings did all season, middle along, be so inept offensively, so inconsistent, then all of a sudden look like the 1927 Yankees, 1996 Bulls, and 1988 Oilers had a baby and put it on ice skates. I just don't understand. By most accounts, people had this Kings team out decently quick for the most part. Even in my most impartial thoughts, I couldn't imagine the Kings getting this far. I thought it had to be all Quick, and while Quick has been stupidly good, the rest of the team is playing that much better. I don't understand how it can flip THIS drastically. It's unfathomable.

The Devils need to win on Wednesday, not even to just extend the series, but for mine and other Ducks fans sake. Wednesday will be 5 years TO THE DAY that the Ducks won their Stanley Cup on June 6, 2007. Not only will the 5-year grace period end, but with a Kings Cup? Oh God... I know I at the very least would never be able to celebrate or remember that date the same way ever again.

I just... I can't... I can't do this. For :censored: sake, Devils. PLEASE. ONE GAME. COME ON. LET'S GO.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived