The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God, Devils.

I can still hold June 6th sacred in my sports fandom, and the Cup will still be won on network TV. All good things in my mind.

I think the Devils can very well send this to back to LA again. I don't know if they could make it out of LA a second time, but I believe they can do it. They played much better at home. They could have won either of the first two. They have confidence with actually beating Quick. I say we get a Game 6, then I just hope to hell for a Game 7.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

This really doesn't surprise me. It's not like New Jersey played poorly in the Series. Sure LA was clicking in Game 3 after scoring the first goal, but other than that it's been a very even series. Of course, this isn't the first time the Kings have been up 3-0 and lost Game 4 at home. I think they got ahead of themselves and figured it'd be easy to close it out after the last game. I don't know where everyone's got this idea that the Kings have dominated the Series, it's really been a good hard fought 4 games. I will say that it was interesting to see the penalties even after three games where the officials seemed to call nothing for LA and everything for the Devils. I think Darryl Sutter's comment on Monday night about how the team with the most penalties in the playoffs had only 4 after 3 games. The interesting question is, how many of the LA bandwagon fans have fallen off and broken an ankle?

Was nowhere near a television tonight, so I'm good with a 72-hour delay on the Kings clincher. It's only fitting that the Kings wrap up the Cup on the road anyways. B)

6uXNWAo.png

If the Kings win it in New Jersey, it'd be the fifth-straight Cup won on the road. Any idea what the longest streak is?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Henrique goal was the first legitimate "beat" on Quick in this series.

I'm just looking for anything to hold on to... but that means something to me. It shows that Quick can be beat without needing a lucky bounce or massive traffic in front of him or a tip/deflection. Hope that does something for the Devils mentality going forward.

We'll see what happens in Game 5. I'm just happy there's a Game 5.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sorry LA Fans. I publicly supported the Kings last night for the first time. See how well that turned out. <_<

I blame the wonderful KNBC graphic in your avatar for the loss ^_^

VmWIn6B.png

Pretty much owned in the first three games, steal game four and heading home for game five against a team that pretty much is guaranteed to win in your arena... damn this sounds familiar...

oBIgzrL.png

Pretty much owned in the first three games

I beg to differ with this assessment...

Let me rephrase, "unable to score on anything except maybe one of the ice girls in the first three games".

oBIgzrL.png

This series could easily be 2-2 if the Devils converted their shots, and got higher quality scoring chances.

I think the worst thing could have happened to the Kings, going back to Newark. I've always learned when you have a team down kill them ASAP. If the Devils win 5, I'd be willing to bet it gets back to Newark.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This series could easily be 2-2 if the Devils converted their shots, and got higher quality scoring chances.

I think the worst thing could have happened to the Kings, going back to Newark. I've always learned when you have a team down kill them ASAP. If the Devils win 5, I'd be willing to bet it gets back to Newark.

Well... yeah. Clearly.

And it doesn't go back to Newark. I don't see Quick losing three straight games. They've beaten him on one clean shot in the entire series -- the Elias goal could've easily been goaltender interference. He's been unreal and with a goaltender that hot, I don't see how you lose three or four straight.

IUe6Hvh.png

Making a brief side trip into the Calder Cup Finals (Norfolk Admirals vs. Toronto Marlies), did anyone else see the way Game 3 ended in OT tonight? I guess even the Maple Leafs' farm team can't catch a break. :lol:

CCSLC signature.png

Making a brief side trip into the Calder Cup Finals (Norfolk Admirals vs. Toronto Marlies), did anyone else see the way Game 3 ended in OT tonight? I guess even the Maple Leafs' farm team can't catch a break. :lol:

Bad bad bad bad bad.

I'm going to game 4 tomorrow, and though I'll be cheering for the Marlies, I kinda want to see the Calder Cup get won.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Torontonians: Finally! We have important hockey being played! And we have a fair chance of winning!

Hockey gods: LOL nope

That was the first pro hockey game ever played in Toronto in June. I really wanted to blame injuries for the first two games (having their three best scorers injured), but even when they got Zigomanis back last game, the PP still stunk. Oh well, I just hope they can steal one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

calder cup final game 3 ot goal

there is going to become a time when, like in the stanley cup final in 1999, the nhl, or other sports leagues, they would have to play the game over again.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Archived