The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

This may be off-topic but I saw you at the Devils game Tank and you look better than ever.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be off-topic but I saw you at the Devils game Tank and you look better than ever.

Isn't this type of message something you'd wanna say in private?

6uXNWAo.png

I really think the Devils can win tonight. They're going to have to get the first goal and make life a living hell for Jon Quick.

I'm not holding my breath though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I still believe the Devils have a shot. If they can force a game 5, they will have 2 of 3 games at home. They just have to play like they did in games 1 and 2, and hopefully a few bounces can go their way. It's going be hard, but you gotta believe!

I still believe the Devils have a shot. If they can force a game 5, they will have 2 of 3 games at home. They just have to play like they did in games 1 and 2, and hopefully a few bounces can go their way. It's going be hard, but you gotta believe!

That doesn't mean a whole lot against this particular Kings team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Take the Beast down!

(Side thought: If the Devils had made the 2006 Final and the last date of that final had been June 6 (6/6/06), how many predictions of doom would have surfaced on the Internet?)

You're absolutely right. Unless the Devils just give up, the Kings are going to have to keep battling until that final buzzer. If they stop playing, the Devils could steal one or even two. If the series gets tied 2-2, the Devils will have a legit shot at the Cup.

I can't imagine the Kings choking, though. It would be the biggest collapse in NHL history and a near-unforgivable letdown to their fans in LA. :rolleyes:

The Devils played much better in games 1 and 2, and this series really could be 2-1 Devils if not for a big mistake in leaving Kopitar wide open, and Brodeur not being able to see Carter's shot. The Devils carried the action for both of those games. If they can survive this game 4, they will have momentum going into game 5, plus the home ice. Just because the Canucks, Blues, and Coyotes couldn't come back, doesn't mean you should rule out the Devils. (The Coyotes and Blues were system teams that really shouldn't have been there, and the Canucks choked. The Kings aren't some dynasty to be, they really are just a hot team that has played teams that really weren't that great.)

You're absolutely right. Unless the Devils just give up, the Kings are going to have to keep battling until that final buzzer. If they stop playing, the Devils could steal one or even two. If the series gets tied 2-2, the Devils will have a legit shot at the Cup.

I can't imagine the Kings choking, though. It would be the biggest collapse in NHL history and a near-unforgivable letdown to their fans in LA. :rolleyes:

Too bad its quite literally impossible for it to get to 2-2 since the Kings are up 3-0. No way they blow this.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

A clinching game isn't on NBC?

OITGDNHL

Yeah. I know this has happened for a long time, but why are the Stanley Cup games on Versus/NBCSN? I know a couple were on ESPN, but ESPN is a way bigger network.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Devils played much better in games 1 and 2, and this series really could be 2-1 Devils if not for a big mistake in leaving Kopitar wide open, and Brodeur not being able to see Carter's shot. The Devils carried the action for both of those games. If they can survive this game 4, they will have momentum going into game 5, plus the home ice. Just because the Canucks, Blues, and Coyotes couldn't come back, doesn't mean you should rule out the Devils. (The Coyotes and Blues were system teams that really shouldn't have been there, and the Canucks choked. The Kings aren't some dynasty to be, they really are just a hot team that has played teams that really weren't that great.)

I'll point out that the only goal the Devils scored in the first game is one that Quick saved up into the chest of a Kings player, it then rolled down over the shoulder of the Devil in front of him and into the net. Huge fluke goal. In game one, the Kings actually carried the action for the better part of the first two periods and the game might not have even seen OT if not for that goal.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'll point out that the only goal the Devils scored in the first game is one that Quick saved up into the chest of a Kings player, it then rolled down over the shoulder of the Devil in front of him and into the net. Huge fluke goal. In game one, the Kings actually carried the action for the better part of the first two periods and the game might not have even seen OT if not for that goal.

Yeah, Quick was great, but if Quick wasn't playing great, I guarentee the Devils would've scored another goal or two, at least.

Yeah, Quick was great, but if Quick wasn't playing great, I guarentee the Devils would've scored another goal or two, at least.

And...? How's that relevant? It's one thing if you're saying "if they hadn't caught this or that lucky break, blah, blah, blah...", it's a whole 'nother to say "if this player hadn't played well..."

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived