The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Must win the next two. Not just one... both. And even if that doesn't happen, for the love of God, please just don't get swept.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the law of supply and demand applies, expect gas prices in Vancouver to skyrocket shortly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Go Kings go!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Aggressively rooting for the Kings like I'm watching a Bruins game, nothing would be more satisfying than a 1st round exit for the Canucks.

One more thing, why did Letang take 15 minutes to pull the trigger? Are you that inept that you have to use the crosshairs to hit an open net? No chance Bryz gets to that if he just unloads right away. Increadible save though.

That'll do it. Kings up 2-0 heading back home. That's tremendous, and another game you can't really fault Luongo.

Schnieder will probably be in net come Sunday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Canucks are doing the impossible. They're making me feel bad for Roberto Luongo.

Love Hughson and Simpson talking up Schneider for Game 3, when even they admit that Luongo isn't the problem here, for once. Yes, please, do exactly that.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This Kings team is good, but not that good. The Canucks are just stinking up the joint. Welp, the Hawks gonna get blamed for this, aren't they. The Professional Rioters© are coming for the Loop next.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Professional Rioters© are coming for the Loop next.

No, no, they moved the G-8 to Camp David, thank Christ.

They can try setting Los Angeles on fire, but good luck getting jaded onlookers to associate it with the outcome of a hockey game this time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This Kings team is good, but not that good. The Canucks are just stinking up the joint. Welp, the Hawks gonna get blamed for this, aren't they. The Professional Rioters© are coming for the Loop next.

Actually, the Kings are this good. The difference between a good team and a Cup winning team is minimal and small changes can make a huge difference. The only thing they were missing all year was a sniper to slot everyone into their proper places. Enter Jeff Carter and you have two solid lines that can put the biscuit in the basket. Throw on top of that one of the most underrated defenses in the league and one of the four best goaltenders in the game today in Quick. I'm not saying that they will win the Cup, but they lost a butt load of games because they couldn't score. Another thing is that since Sutter took over for Terry Murray, there is not constant shuffling of lines. Players know who they are playing with, so they have built up a chemistry with their linemates. I believe that the key to the Kings is Dustin Brown. If he can keep this elite level of play up, then they are extremely dangerous. The issue with Brown is that when he fails to score, he presses and disappears on the ice. He needs to score on a regular basis for this team to really get deep. I will say that as Jeff Carter made the Kings better, the loss of Daniel Sedin is huge as the Canucks have players playing out of position and it makes them weaker.

So, as of now, these are the teams that are most likely to make the semi-finals in the west (based on series score):

Phoenix

Nashville/Detroit

San Jose

Los Angeles

:angered::puke::angered::puke:

3 teams I absolutely despise, 1 team that beat the Ducks last year in a very painful series, and a team that will likely move, making it very awkward if they won the cup or even just the conference. I guess I'll root for the Nashville/Detroit winner... I couldn't handle LA or SJ winning.

Pick up the slack, St. Louis and Chicago. I hate Vancouver too, but I hate them less than the Kings, so, I guess go Nucks!?

Actually, the Kings are this good. The difference between a good team and a Cup winning team is minimal and small changes can make a huge difference. The only thing they were missing all year was a sniper to slot everyone into their proper places. Enter Jeff Carter and you have two solid lines that can put the biscuit in the basket. Throw on top of that one of the most underrated defenses in the league and one of the four best goaltenders in the game today in Quick. I'm not saying that they will win the Cup, but they lost a butt load of games because they couldn't score. Another thing is that since Sutter took over for Terry Murray, there is not constant shuffling of lines. Players know who they are playing with, so they have built up a chemistry with their linemates. I believe that the key to the Kings is Dustin Brown. If he can keep this elite level of play up, then they are extremely dangerous. The issue with Brown is that when he fails to score, he presses and disappears on the ice. He needs to score on a regular basis for this team to really get deep. I will say that as Jeff Carter made the Kings better, the loss of Daniel Sedin is huge as the Canucks have players playing out of position and it makes them weaker.

I have to agree with you oddball, the Kings are a pretty damn good team... they're are probably the most likely to make a deep run out of any of the lower seeded teams. The roster is pretty good, they just massively underachieved this year.

I don't think you can put the Coyotes and the Sharks up there with the Kings just yet. Let's wait and see how tomorrow's games go.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

From your worldwide leader in sports:

Vancouver forward Byron Bitz served the first game of a two-game suspension for a hit to the head on Kyle Clifford in Game 1. Andrew Ebbett took Bitz's spot in the lineup. … Clifford sat out because of an undisclosed upper-body injury

File this under the "duh" category

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived