The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Pittsburgh took the early 2-0 lead on their home ice vs. Philly, and ONCE AGAIN managed to crap it away, and will likely be down 2-0 heading East for Sunday.

The statistical probability of all that has to be some absurdly low number. Four of the last five games between these two (all in the past few weeks) have seen the Penguins do this, and the Flyers charge back and win.

All three road teams, thus far, have won tonight. It's up to LA to continue the trend and put Vancouver in desperation straits.

spacer.png

Thank you NBC Sports Network for dropping the ball! You friggin' cut away from the game to show your stupid filler program just because it's 7:00pm and you fail to let viewers in LA watch the end of the Flyers-Penguins? Great friggin' job you bunch of complete dumb****s!

8-5 win gives Philly a 2-0 lead. I sleep happy tonight.

I was invited to a local gay bar tonight for Crossdressing Night, and intended to dress as Crosby. (I think I'll save that for after the series sweep another night.)

Since the beginning of the 2010 playoffs, the Penguins are a meager 4-9 on their home ice (3-4 at Mellon, and 1-5 at Consol) and a horrendous 0-6 in elimination games on their home ice.

Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, the last four games between the Flyers and Penguins (sans the meaningless season finale) have seen the same script of the Penguins jumping to the early multi-goal lead, and then disintegrating and seeing the Flyers roar back and win. Three of these games at Consol. For all intents and purposes, the Flyers are 7-0 in that building.

I think the Penguins manage to split the next two, probably Game 3, and the NHL has proven to be the one sport where the 0-2 deficit on the road isn't the end of the world (see: '06 Carolina and '11 Boston for two post-lockout examples), but this is a deeper problem for the Penguins. Their D has been sketchy ever since the Flyers broke their long winning streak back on 3/18, and this sketchy D shows MAF's true colors. The Penguins are in a world of trouble, and if tonight was a character game, then I can't even begin to imagine what Game 3 is for them. It does work in their favor that the Flyers aren't as good at home as they are on the road, and the Bylsma Penguins have been pretty solid on the road (6-3 since 2010, 13-9 overall), but the Flyers are too good and playing with too much confidence for me to think they're susceptible to losing both games. This team is better than the 2006 or 2011 Montreal Canadiens. Pittsburgh splits in Philly to save face, but I re-affirm my stance of the Flyers in 6, more strongly than ever.

spacer.png

Since the beginning of the 2010 playoffs, the Penguins are a meager 4-9 on their home ice (3-4 at Mellon, and 1-5 at Consol) and a horrendous 0-6 in elimination games on their home ice.

Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, the last four games between the Flyers and Penguins (sans the meaningless season finale) have seen the same script of the Penguins jumping to the early multi-goal lead, and then disintegrating and seeing the Flyers roar back and win. Three of these games at Consol. For all intents and purposes, the Flyers are 7-0 in that building.

I think the Penguins manage to split the next two, probably Game 3, and the NHL has proven to be the one sport where the 0-2 deficit on the road isn't the end of the world (see: '06 Carolina and '11 Boston for two post-lockout examples), but this is a deeper problem for the Penguins. Their D has been sketchy ever since the Flyers broke their long winning streak back on 3/18, and this sketchy D shows MAF's true colors. The Penguins are in a world of trouble, and if tonight was a character game, then I can't even begin to imagine what Game 3 is for them. It does work in their favor that the Flyers aren't as good at home as they are on the road, and the Bylsma Penguins have been pretty solid on the road (6-3 since 2010, 13-9 overall), but the Flyers are too good and playing with too much confidence for me to think they're susceptible to losing both games. This team is better than the 2006 or 2011 Montreal Canadiens. Pittsburgh splits in Philly to save face, but I re-affirm my stance of the Flyers in 6, more strongly than ever.

+1000000000

My thoughts exactly!

574773_10150825032305864_618735863_11887889_1354222293_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived