The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Detroit News Reporter, John Niyo.

@JohnNiyo

Zetterberg will be wearing new helmet Gm 2. Weber hit cracked the last one, he said. Passed concussion test last night, though.

What a joke.

Even if a new helmet is not needed something big and noticeable would be a nice reminder to the league that they messed up on this one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Also, GFB this is not directed to you but this may give you some insight into my madness.

All day today on my facebook page people were crying about the refs. I never talk sports or politics on FB but mid day I posted:

"Refs don't beat teams, teams beat teams".

That was met with a response of:

Fu ck you. Each and every damn call on the Wings was crap. Nashville got away with murder last night. Those refs had yellow sweaters on.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, GFB this is not directed to you but this may give you some insight into my madness.

All day today on my facebook page people were crying about the refs. I never talk sports or politics on FB but mid day I posted:

"Refs don't beat teams, teams beat teams".

That was met with a response of:

Fu ck you. Each and every damn call on the Wings was crap. Nashville got away with murder last night. Those refs had yellow sweaters on.

You need new friends. :)

I spent four years in South Bend, so I can relate to being submerged in a culture of ref-hating idiots.

Hey, guys...

Come on, that ain't even close. Far from being the only reason the pens lost this game, but in the playoffs, this is inexcusable.

Come on, take the homer glasses off for 2 seconds. What about the blown icing call that led to the 3rd PIT goal? There's a reason the saying "those calls tend to even out over the course of a series" exists.

That's not "homer glasses".... that just straight-up awful...

Trying to defend it in any way puts the "homer glasses" on you...

Both the blown icing and the offside were awful calls and guess what? They cancel eachother out. It's not referee's fault the Penguins played one period of hockey.

Nobody said that. As usual, Flyer fans are being Flyer fans and making something out of nothing. The pens :censored: the bed, we know.

oBIgzrL.png

Finally, my two loves meet.

BTW... this is a real tweet:

John Laurinaitis ‏ @WWERawGM

Thinking Shea Weber might make good addition to @WWE #Raw roster with moves like this: http://wwe.me/aeIlz #PeoplePower #StanleyCup #NHL

This was a real tweet today!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Barely 40 seconds into the Bruins-Caps game and everyone's already fighting. Cool!

Bruins playoff hockey. Good to see Marshmont picking up where he left off last year.

This is going to be a great series, both of these teams can get up and down fast. I'd like to see the B's take the extra pass and stop with the blue line slappers - really test this rook.

On a side note, is this Thomas' THIRD set of pads this year?

Edit: Real cheesy play by Wideman right there.

Did anyone know about this rule? From the Rangers Media Guide:

Home-ice advantage for the first three (3) Rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs will be established as follows: The higher-ranked Club will play Games One, Two and, if necessary, Games Five and Seven in its home rink. The lower-ranked Club will play Games Three, Four and, if necessary, Game Six in its home rink.* All Series of the Playoffs shall be on a four-out-of-seven basis.

*Note: Series will follow traditional ?2-2-1-1-1? format unless higherranked Club opts for ?2-3-2? format in accordance with requirements of NHL By-Law 27.

It used to be league rule that a playoff series involving a pacific division team was automatically a 2-3-2 series.

So I live in Phoenix. Sharks-Blues is on CNBC. Rangers-Senators is on NHL Network. Hawks-Yotes is at 7 on FSArizona+ (Yes. Stanley Cup Playoff action with the first Division Title in franchise history is bumped to the overflow channel because of April DBacks @ Padres... I want you to stay Coyotes, but dammit. What is this?). My guide says that Bruins-Capitals is on NBC Sports, except when I turn to that channel, I've got that Canada/Russia Summit Series documentary on... That makes sense?

Anybody else have this? Any explanations? My best guess is that NBC Sports was blacked out early for the Yotes/Hawks game. But that's dumb.

EDIT: It's fixed. I get the second two periods at least.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hey, guys...

562208_10150745379034625_503674624_9172981_903246083_n.jpg

Come on, that ain't even close. Far from being the only reason the pens lost this game, but in the playoffs, this is inexcusable.

Come on, take the homer glasses off for 2 seconds. What about the blown icing call that led to the 3rd PIT goal? There's a reason the saying "those calls tend to even out over the course of a series" exists.

That's not "homer glasses".... that just straight-up awful...

Trying to defend it in any way puts the "homer glasses" on you...

Thats funny, I dont recall defending the offside call. Hence the whole "even out" thing.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

It seems a little strange. Is there a well known contingent of former Red Wings fans in Nashville they hope will take advantage of this?

Hell if people are smart they get on on the cheap from eBay and and make the swap.

I got a wings jersey for $3.99 at a Salvation Army, I'd trade it in for a 1/2 off yellow Preds jersey.

Hell, I'm a diehard WIngs' fan, and I'd take advantage of this offer if I could, just to get one of those yellow beauts.

AHHHH. Caps really have responded in the 3rd period. Earlier the Bruins were on PPP (Perpetual Power Play) and still couldn't score. This is thrilling, but it isn't the best hockey.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Archived