The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Hey, guys...

562208_10150745379034625_503674624_9172981_903246083_n.jpg

Come on, that ain't even close. Far from being the only reason the pens lost this game, but in the playoffs, this is inexcusable.

Um, way to clearly photoshop the picture to make it look like your team got hosed.

Here's the real picture, which shows that it was an on-side play. He clearly already had control of the puck when his skates crossed the line.

2hi6oon.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retweeted that. So true.

I love the replies. Canucks fans criticizing another organization's "class"? Ha.

Your post is very ignorant. Their top two players, the Sedin twins, donated a combined 1.5 million to BC children's hospital. Roberto Luongo host an annual charity poker tournament and constantly host sick children at games.

The Canucks organization themselves have a number of charities and community programs. This include Canucks Place Hospice, The Canucks autism network, Canucks for kids fund. Recently the team launched mind check in memory of Rick Rypien. This is a website that intends to help people deal with depression and other issues. The Canucks players themselves are actively involved in these charieties and programs.

To be a Canuck you need to give back to the community. That is one of the reasons why Bure got the boot, he wasn't making an effort in the community and Burke wouldn't tale it.

If you go on their website you can find a number of stories of Canucks player doing something special for a child. Anyways, I should stop defending the Canucks because clearly this stuff doesn't matter to people. Oh well, people wouldn't hate them unless they were good.

Is this thread just gonna be an entire "The FLYERS/PENGUINS/CANUCKS/BRUINS/BLACKHAWKS ARE CLASSLESS!!1!/NO THEY AREN'T BECAUSE OF X/Y/Z AND YOUR FANS SHOULD BE THE LAST ONES TO TALK" fest for the next 2 months like the NHL thread has been the whole second half of the season?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Retweeted that. So true.

I love the replies. Canucks fans criticizing another organization's "class"? Ha.

Your post is very ignorant. Their top two players, the Sedin twins, donated a combined 1.5 million to BC children's hospital. Roberto Luongo host an annual charity poker tournament and constantly host sick children at games.

The Canucks organization themselves have a number of charities and community programs. This include Canucks Place Hospice, The Canucks autism network, Canucks for kids fund. Recently the team launched mind check in memory of Rick Rypien. This is a website that intends to help people deal with depression and other issues. The Canucks players themselves are actively involved in these charieties and programs.

To be a Canuck you need to give back to the community. That is one of the reasons why Bure got the boot, he wasn't making an effort in the community and Burke wouldn't tale it.

If you go on their website you can find a number of stories of Canucks player doing something special for a child. Anyways, I should stop defending the Canucks because clearly this stuff doesn't matter to people. Oh well, people wouldn't hate them unless they were good.

I never criticized the Canucks organization. In fact, besides Burrows and Rome, I don't even mind the players, the coaches, the front office, etc. In fact, I love Kesler.

Their fans, however...

spacer.png

If the officiating was bad both ways wouldn't that be a wash?

Well, if you view it that calling a bad penalty for one team and then calling a bad penalty for the other team "washes out" the first one instead of viewing it as now two bad penalties... then yes, you could then view it as a wash.

How I view it is that both Detroit and Nashille played in a poorly officiated game. Many of the non-calls in that game were just as bad as some of the calls that were made.

When this is the case, and both teams had to play a poorly officiated game it is hard to place the blame of the loss on the refs as both teams had to equally endure that handicap.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Retweeted that. So true.

They still make blue KoolAid? Awesome.

You're kind of a solid reason that no one likes Canucks fans. No one really cares about off-ice stuff or the front office, the fact is, two of the most high-profile Canucks, Kesler and Burrows, flop all over the damned place whenever someone comes near them. How many times last night did one of the Canucks (again, usually Kesler or Burrows) try cheap-shotting one of the Kings? The Bitz play was dumb as hell, but it was just one of many stupid, weaselly plays from God's Team. And I say this as someone who is still a Canucks fan (secondary, my heart is still in Winnipeg).

See, Kesler is an assistant captain. He should be leading and setting an example out there, not whining and flopping and crying after every whistle. It gets old, the officials aren't having any of it, and if this is the Canucks' main strategy going into the post-season, they might as well pack up now. ONE player showed up for the Canucks last night, and it was #LOLuongo. The other 18 guys out there left him out to dry. Shameful.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The league only suspends someone if there is an injury or death on the play. Weber was only going to get a stern talking to until Shanny remembered Zetterberg was a Wing.

Seriously, increase that maximum fine clause in the next CBA. Add a zero. Something. $2500 is chump change.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The league only suspends someone if there is an injury or death on the play. Weber was only going to get a stern talking to until Shanny remembered Zetterberg was a Wing.

Seriously, increase that maximum fine clause in the next CBA. Add a zero. Something. $2500 is chump change.

He should have got a game for it. As much as I bash Shanahan for his blind eye on Kronwall is that he can at least attempt to justify it as a hockey play gone bad, that is not the case in the Weber/Zetterberg situation.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

The league only suspends someone if there is an injury or death on the play if they have a spoked-B on the front of their jersey.

Shanaban has been a bit inconsistent this season.

Weber should be out for at least a game. That was pure intent to injure, nothing more.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, if you view it that calling a bad penalty for one team and then calling a bad penalty for the other team "washes out" the first one instead of viewing it as now two bad penalties... then yes, you could then view it as a wash.

How I view it is that both Detroit and Nashille played in a poorly officiated game. Many of the non-calls in that game were just as bad as some of the calls that were made.

When this is the case, and both teams had to play a poorly officiated game it is hard to place the blame of the loss on the refs as both teams had to equally endure that handicap.

Whose blaming the refs? I said they were a factor, but that's as far as it went.

And like opinions, not all penalties are equal.

Whose blaming the refs? I said they were a factor, but that's as far as it went.

And like opinions, not all penalties are equal.

To be fair (and accurate) GFB, I never once said you were blaming the refs, I said people were. Did you not hear Micky Redmond last night (or today on Drew and Mike) or listen to 97.1 last night or this morning?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

If Z got a concussion on that "play", there'd be a suspension. The NFL has it right-- judge the play regardless of the outcome (hate to bring it up, but Suh's stomp, for example). I don't see how $2,500 teaches a man who is making over 7 million a year a lesson.

They still make blue KoolAid? Awesome.

You're kind of a solid reason that no one likes Canucks fans. No one really cares about off-ice stuff or the front office, the fact is, two of the most high-profile Canucks, Kesler and Burrows, flop all over the damned place whenever someone comes near them. How many times last night did one of the Canucks (again, usually Kesler or Burrows) try cheap-shotting one of the Kings? The Bitz play was dumb as hell, but it was just one of many stupid, weaselly plays from God's Team. And I say this as someone who is still a Canucks fan (secondary, my heart is still in Winnipeg).

See, Kesler is an assistant captain. He should be leading and setting an example out there, not whining and flopping and crying after every whistle. It gets old, the officials aren't having any of it, and if this is the Canucks' main strategy going into the post-season, they might as well pack up now. ONE player showed up for the Canucks last night, and it was #LOLuongo. The other 18 guys out there left him out to dry. Shameful.

Agree wholeheartedly, the Canucks showed ZERO heart or passion. Even the first goal was scored after a blatant case of goaltender interference and the constant diving was blatant enough to make Peter Forsberg blush. It was as if they set out to prove all of their detractors right. I am still a fan but not even I can defend last night's performance.

If Z got a concussion on that "play", there'd be a suspension. The NFL has it right-- judge the play regardless of the outcome (hate to bring it up, but Suh's stomp, for example). I don't see how $2,500 teaches a man who is making over 7 million a year a lesson.

True, but what if he doesn't start showing symptoms until later on today or tomorrow?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

True, but what if he doesn't start showing symptoms until later on today or tomorrow?

Then Shanahan looks like more of an ass than he does right now. And he'll probably be shunned from Detroit. <_<

Archived