The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Probably have to see if there's an injury to Zetterberg to make me think a suspension. It was stupid and Weber should no better, but maybe a fine.

And that's the issue with the suspension policy right now. To me, intent is just as bad as actually hurting the guy, and that's how this should be treated. Like Roenick said (and I rarely agree with him), it's like kicking someone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the NHL been exceptionally cautious and protective over blows to the head the past few seasons?

Naturally, I'm only expecting a slap on the wrist.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any penalty assessed at 60:00/end of game should be a one-game suspension unless vetoed. If you get called for a penalty in a game that isn't being played anymore, you probably did something really dirty and dumb. Weber did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Probably have to see if there's an injury to Zetterberg to make me think a suspension. It was stupid and Weber should no better, but maybe a fine.

And that's the issue with the suspension policy right now. To me, intent is just as bad as actually hurting the guy, and that's how this should be treated. Like Roenick said (and I rarely agree with him), it's like kicking someone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the NHL been exceptionally cautious and protective over blows to the head the past few seasons?

It is sad really. We'll see it's interesting.

Trotz said that "Weber got his first" "nothing much there" Whatever that means.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It is sad really. We'll see it's interesting.

Trotz said that "Weber got his first" "nothing much there" Whatever that means.

It means Trotz didn't see it and was taking Weber's word for what happened, IMO. Unless he's got vision problems, which certainly could be the case.

At any rate, I'm not as worried going into game 2 after seeing how Nashville won tonight. Lots of fluky bounces, and Detroit really outplayed them over the course of the game. I just hope Babs will get Nyquist some TOI in this series-- he's been a spark plug for us lately.

Hey, guys...

Come on, that ain't even close. Far from being the only reason the pens lost this game, but in the playoffs, this is inexcusable.

Bad calls happen in the NHL every night. The Pens lost because they couldnt hold a three goal lead, the Pens should have responded when it went 3-1, and they didnt. Of all the things that went wrong tonight that offside isnt even on my radar.

And the Canucks tied it just before the horn on a goal that made my wife project expletives toward the entire nation of Canada.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And the Canucks tied it just before the horn on a goal that made my wife project expletives toward the entire nation of Canada.

Most of the country, minus British Columbia shouted expletives.

I think Shanahan's explanation of any suspension for Weber should just be, "He slammed the dude's head into the wall once time expired. This is not cool."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can you imagine the outcry if Weber had hit Crosby in the same manner as he did to Zetterberg? We would be using words right now like "premeditated" or "targeted."

And isnt there a rule that receiving an instigator penalty at the end of a playoff game means an automatic one game suspension? I believe Malkin had one in the cup finals a few years back that was waived off. Because I believe that is what Weber was charged with...

Weber got two for roughing. I think you need a fight to get an instigator. This was just being a dickhole.

Hey, Pancakes scored a late go-ahead goal!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Mmm, them's some good pancakes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Stanley Cup Playoffs:

Where even a big wasteful lard like Dustin Penner can be a hero.

Amazing. For the 3rd time in four years, the Presidents Trophy winner has ceded control of the series to the #8 seed in Game 1. Like Pittsburgh, big character game for

Vancouver on Friday.

The previous 2 times, those Presidents trophy winners have lost.

Tonights games proved why the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best in sports.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Don't :censored: this up LA.

They didn't! Of course Burrows cries after Richards lit him up and spills when he confronts him.

This series is going to be damn fun. No one is going to settle for Burrows' crap.

Can't fault BobbyLu tonight, Canucks just played some bad hockey at crucial times in the game.

Archived