The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HANZLE scores!!! Incoming "Hawks" are done posts in 3...2...1...

Countdown to franchise relocation in 5...4...3...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks played hard, Phoenix held up home ice. Nothing really shocking about this loss considering I've seen it dozens of times from the Blackhawks all season. This is who they are. Mercurial from beginning to end. Good, but never good enough with their present personnel. Enjoy the victory tonight, Yotes fans. Might be the last time you get to get smile about something until the Suns are good again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well that was completely disappointing. At least it's encouraging that Mike Smith's save percentage is getting unsustainably high and shots will start going in, unless a 30-year-old journeyman who had one foot out the door of the league is the best goaltender on the planet, in which case I apologize.

I'd sub out Bollig and O'Donnell for Hayes and Lepisto, who, while frustrating at times, are actual hockey players and not a caveman and a coach on skates, respectively.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, that was disappointing. Oh well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd sub out Bollig and O'Donnell for Hayes and Lepisto, who, while frustrating at times, are actual hockey players and not a caveman and a coach on skates, respectively.

O'Donnell out there was torturous. It was like watching your great-grandma try to open a jar.

I agree on LePisto, he had an affinity for blocking shots, which is slightly more useful than the present standard of "turn the puck over constantly." And sure, Hayes can't be any less useless than Bollig.

twitter

The Hawks should be fine. They're so much better then the Yotes(especially with Toews back). Even though they didn't bring their A game I still think they got this series in 6.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Blackhawks played hard, Phoenix held up home ice. Nothing really shocking about this loss considering I've seen it dozens of times from the Blackhawks all season. This is who they are. Mercurial from beginning to end. Good, but never good enough with their present personnel. Enjoy the victory tonight, Yotes fans. Might be the last time you get to get smile about something until the Suns are good again.

All kidding aside it was a great game regardless of the outcome. I think both teams played hard and physical. I just knew Chicago was going to tie it at the end there. Hopefully Vrbata can get back for game 2 or 3. And hopefully we can find a way to limit the Hawks to something a little lower than 40 shots on goal in 3 periods.

And just so you know I was just having a little fun at your expense because it seems like you have had a "the sky is falling" attitude towards your team all year. Either way hope no hard feelings. Hopefully the rest of the games will be as good as this one.

PopHeading-1.gif

HANZLE scores!!! Incoming "Hawks" are done posts in 3...2...1...

Countdown to franchise relocation in 5...4...3...

Wow... The Hawks are moving! :blink: Quebec Blackhawks has a ring to it!

So proud of my Sharks, I'm liking this "underdog" thing.

Playoff OT hockey is too suspenseful... Almost died every time the blues were near the net.

Seriously though I'm so tired of this relocation stuff, all of the 'yotes blank jerseys were on clearance last year at this time when I was in Phoenix.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

All kidding aside it was a great game regardless of the outcome. I think both teams played hard and physical. I just knew Chicago was going to tie it at the end there. Hopefully Vrbata can get back for game 2 or 3. And hopefully we can find a way to limit the Hawks to something a little lower than 40 shots on goal in 3 periods.

And just so you know I was just having a little fun at your expense because it seems like you have had a "the sky is falling" attitude towards your team all year. Either way hope no hard feelings. Hopefully the rest of the games will be as good as this one.

I always have a negative attitude about the franchises I love because I hold them to the highest standard and know they're better than what they typically present. It doesn't gel with a lot of other fans mentalities, but I'm working on it.

And of course no hard feelings, I save those for the Canucks.

draper_wink.gif?a=23

twitter

Awesome win. Awesome game. I'm completely strapped in to the Coyotes bandwagon.

And my grandfather is a saint. Going to Game 2 Saturday night. Good thing the Coyotes jersey I own is a white one (90s Kachina!!!)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I live in Phoenix. Sharks-Blues is on CNBC. Rangers-Senators is on NHL Network. Hawks-Yotes is at 7 on FSArizona+ (Yes. Stanley Cup Playoff action with the first Division Title in franchise history is bumped to the overflow channel because of April DBacks @ Padres... I want you to stay Coyotes, but dammit. What is this?).

The Kings are on KCOP Channel 13 because of Dodgers/Angels/Lakers/UCLA women's water polo/Clippers.

Also, Tommy Wingels sounds like someone straight out of the Backyard Sports games.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived