The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the NHL always have a rule that the ice gets a quick clean-up after the 10-minute mark of an overtime period in the playoffs?

It's damn near a necessity, because with no commercial timeouts in OT periods, there needs to be a chance to re-surface the ice and allow the players collectively to catch some air. I do find it noteworthy to point out that I saw usual procedure in a playoff game a year or two ago despite the last play being ruled dead due to icing. That was probably a slip-up on the part of the on-ice officials.

And speaking of damned necessities - no way the Caps win this series if Boston had held serve. Huge win that will have the Verizon Center faithful amped come Monday night. I think Boston earns a win there as well, and they return to the Garden in a best-of-3 series.

spacer.png

Holy crap. Another overtime. I don't think my heart can take it.

EDIT: :censored:.

Another overtime?!? The NHL has got to do something about this...

:rolleyes:

Tied playoff games should be decided with a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors at center ice between the captains of each team.

spacer.png

Holy crap. Another overtime. I don't think my heart can take it.

EDIT: :censored:.

Another overtime?!? The NHL has got to do something about this...

:rolleyes:

Tied playoff games should be decided with a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors at center ice between the captains of each team.

Or better yet, 5 minutes of 4 on 4 and then a shootout!

I missed it, what happened to the Blues bench?

Shoddy workmanship caused the mountings to break off.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived